• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I doubt anyone else is shooting one of these. . .

slm9s

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 18, 2008
WA
Finally got out to the range with my new toy. Its a Scott Medesha built AR10t in 6mmX (predecessor to the 6mmXC). Side charging handle. Has been modified so you can release the bolt on the right side with your trigger finger. Shooting 107 smk's over Varget. Sightron SIII 10-50x60 LRMOA on an Accuracy Speaks 20moa rail. Smith'd two stage trigger, total weight is about 14oz. Kreiger barrel. I've got a PRS on the way.
1zb5lok.jpg

Bore sighted it at my target at 100 yards. Shot one, 5 clicks left and shot a three shot group.
nv8xhf.jpg

Then moved out to 200. This was my best group, not bad for my first time with the rifle.
2dkg7dh.jpg

Re: I doubt anyone else is shooting one of these. . .

A 14oz trigger?! That's just dangerous no matter how you look at it. Nice rifle though!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KillShot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A 14oz trigger?! That's just dangerous no matter how you look at it. Nice rifle though! </div></div>sweet rig,killshot,agreed,i had a 12oz jewell on an old f class rifle of mine and it would go off if a bird shit close,moved it up to pound and and a half.little better.

I also don't think 14 oz is good for an auto loading rifle personally. Your rifle looks awesome though even with the bipods backwards from normal hahaha

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ARPredatorHunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> even with the bipods backwards from normal hahaha</div></div>

I just can't get used to the legs sticking out past the handguard when its the other way.
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Awesymoto</div><div class="ubbcode-body">for a pure dedicated target rifle i think 14oz is fine, nice looking rig though.</div></div>

And thats what this will be used for.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: johnnyDL</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
KillShot said:
,i had a 12oz jewell on an old f class rifle of mine and it would go off if a bird shit close,moved it up to pound and and a half.little better.</div></div>

I have rifles with triggers down to 1.5oz and I prefer lighter triggers. This will be a target rifle only so 14oz doesn't worry me.

WOW 1.5oz..... My pulse in my trigger finger could set that thing off!! Hair trigger could be an understatement here.

Jeez. I thought my triggers were light. Where do you get a trigger like that? Obviously, I shoot more of a tactical style, so I wouldn't want that. But I have been playing with the idea of making a hyper accurate, range gun.

Over a decade ago, I had a Scott Medesha AR-10 simialr to yours but way more, including his "spacegun" fully adjustable stock. It was VERY accurate and very ergonomic. I was shooting 300 yards with open hi-tech target sights at a Minneapolis "300 meter highpower" club.

Relatively shortly after getting it, before I could even clsoe to being proficient with it, I had to move for several years to areas where I had no access to longer range shooting facilities. I reluctantly sold it to a shooter much better than me, realizing that it woudl just be a safe queen for me given my new circumstances. The buyer won a state championship with it first time out. Scott's guns are that good. I was glad that soemone who actually knew how to use it bought it from me. It was a gorgeous rifle, and cost me about $3k way back then, as equipped.

Jim G

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nleaders</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Jeez. I thought my triggers were light. Where do you get a trigger like that? Obviously, I shoot more of a tactical style, so I wouldn't want that. But I have been playing with the idea of making a hyper accurate, range gun.</div></div>

Its a Nesika J in 6ppc w/ a Jewel benchrest trigger.

Made it to the range just before dark today. Our "100 yrd" range can be 125 if you put your target all the way back. It was my 2nd time w/ the rifle. Suffice it to say I am very excited about this rifle. I'm shooting 1 at a time w/ a bobsled.
2n0twfp.jpg

Nice shooting!

PRS finally came in and I found a steal on an accupod off the classifieds here.
u0tc8.jpg

Looks good man. If I breathed the gun would go off,lol
I don't like anything under 2 lbs but to each their own. Looks like a fun gun to drive.
I am right handed and always found the left chargers work better.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: slm9s</div><div class="ubbcode-body">PRS finally came in and I found a steal on an accupod off the classifieds here.
u0tc8.jpg
</div></div>

What did Medesha charge you for the build?

I didn't have it built. I purchased it from the original owner and didn't ask what the price tag was.

good looking rifle.. how do you like the prs monopod?

My first time out with it I wasn't holding as steady as with a rear bag. Hopefully I'll get better with a little experience.