• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I dug a ditch

RayDog

Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Sep 24, 2001
Fort Collins, CO
Dug a ditch 4' deep 18" wide about 30' long. Took two of us 5 hours.
Remember I'm in the Rocky Mountains. We were at 7300' and I was reminded many times why they are called the Rocky Mountains. We worked pretty hard and consistent. It wasn't that bad but it did feel like I did something when we stopped.
slowed me down on my time for 50 burpees today I did 50 in 2:15 15 seconds off the pace I wanted to be at.

anyway just good old fashion work can be a great workout sometimes. In a way I miss my stone mason days. Kept me pretty strong.

Re: I dug a ditch

I figure the best health club would be one with a dirt floor and different size shovels. Digging works everything.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AtOne</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I figure the best health club would be one with a dirt floor and different size shovels. Digging works everything. </div></div>
YUP!

Worked digging/pouring irrigation ditches for a while. Never was stronger, or more tanned. Can't hang now. I was planting a couple of trees last month and just about died.

See there, that is useful fitness!

I get annoyed with people who say "I want to lose 20 lbs and *feel* better". Losing twenty pounds and feeling better are called positive side effects, they are not a goal unto themselves.

Being able to dig a 30' ditch at that ridiculous altitude is specific, measurable, and damn useful. Congrats! You sir are officially NOT a weak fucker.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WhiskeyWebber</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> You sir are officially NOT a weak fucker. </div></div>

LOL! I think my new lifetime fitness goal just might be not to be a "weak F@#$er".

Welcome to my world, that is my job 90% of the time, operating a shovel, not really bad till it gets over 100* and the clay gets hard as concrete.

5 hours is not a bad time for 4' deep. You should be tired and proud. What was the ditch for, if you don't mind me asking?