• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes I got it!! YAY

Re: I got it!! YAY

Grandpa always said "never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience" \

I'm pretty sure this dude is the prime example.

Hey gappa, I heard that if you shim an S&B (or any scope for that matter) it will take away all of the issues you are having. I would recommend that you PM ndnboy71 on here, and see if he can hook you up with testiclerifles.fubar to do the shimming for you. I hear they are the best certified gunsmiths around...............

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gappa</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I may not know units of measurements but I know optics, I've been doing astronomy for years. [img:center]
amb5va.jpg
[/img]
[img:center]http://[/img]
</div></div>

Nice scope. I had a TAK guiding scope I used on my Deep Sky Instruments RC-10. It was mounted on an Astro-Physics AP1200. Sold them, plan to get AP1600, not sure which scope, but probably a TAK. Nice pics of the moon as well!

You are the guy that bought the premeir 5X25 from the guy in Alabama. I wanted that damn thing! The fuck do you need it for with all those scopes?

I had a Premier 5-25 and loved it I regret selling it.. Thanks Testndoc AP scopes are just plain badass I almost bought one when I sold my TOA130 but those bigger scopes are so hard to handle especially if you want to be mobile going to dark site..
<span style="font-weight: bold">Yea it does suck that I was a suspect in the DC shootings, but they were looking at everyone who had 1. A white box van 2. a .223 rifle.</span>
I was cleaning out my work van one night while all that was happening, and as I opened the door and got out a woman started screaming. I knew after that I would probably be visited by the feds, sure enough the next day they descended en force to my home..... I was cleared of course.

This is the second god damn time you have referred to yourself as a "Suspect" or person of interest in rifle related killings, would someone please ban this jackass already before we are all watching the news and see a "member of snipers hide" is the top suspect in some bullshit

I'm the "gun guy" to all my friends and a fair amount of acquaintances, and I can say that I am 100% sure that NONE of them would ever suspect me of being a murderer.

You're doing it wrong, and quite frankly it sounds like you are a little bit proud. That's kinda messed up.

I agree. After looking at ur S&B, i might sale my premier heritage to buy this scope. And please post the reviews on this scope
laugh.gif
thx

I can't believe I just wasted 45 minutes of my life going through this thread. What a waste. Someone needs to lock this. It is pointless.

man I'm not proud of that shit!! It sucked, it was a scary time for all of us. We were scared to go outside, we were scared for our family and loved ones.. I'm a law abiding citizen! No criminal record not even a speeding ticket in the past 10 years.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hk401</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I agree. After looking at ur S&B, i might sale my premier heritage to buy this scope. And please post the reviews on this scope
laugh.gif
thx </div></div>

What would you like to know about it? It is a beautiful scope no doubt there.. I never mounted the S&B but I did examine it closely.. My Premier 5-25 will be here tomorrow.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gappa</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hk401</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I agree. After looking at ur S&B, i might sale my premier heritage to buy this scope. And please post the reviews on this scope
laugh.gif
thx </div></div>

What would you like to know about it? It is a beautiful scope no doubt there.. I never mounted the S&B but I did examine it closely.. My Premier 5-25 will be here tomorrow. </div></div>

How can you complain about a scopes performance when you never mounted it and/or shot with it?!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gappa</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hk401</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I agree. After looking at ur S&B, i might sale my premier heritage to buy this scope. And please post the reviews on this scope
laugh.gif
thx </div></div>

Interseting. How is this S&B better than the one you returned?

What would you like to know about it? It is a beautiful scope no doubt there.. I never mounted the S&B but I did examine it closely.. My Premier 5-25 will be here tomorrow. </div></div>

Your 3rd Premier...Hope the third time is the charm.

OFG

Man whats to tell.. Not much difference once you mount it and go shoot! You mount it, you shoot, you sight in the scope/rifle... That is how every optic in existence works..
You don't need to mount it to know this!!??
You mean you can't look at a scope and see what it's about??
I like this one!! [img:center]
1zpk0b4.jpg
[/img]

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: oldfatguy</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gappa</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hk401</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I agree. After looking at ur S&B, i might sale my premier heritage to buy this scope. And please post the reviews on this scope
laugh.gif
thx </div></div>

Interseting. How is this S&B better than the one you returned?

Your 3rd Premier...Hope the third time is the charm.

OFG </div></div>

4th Premier

the first two were brand new and had oil sprayed all over the inside.. but that's normal right??

"4th Premier" Forth? OK, don't know how I missed one.

Now, again, <span style="font-weight: bold">how is the above mentioned S&B better than the one you sent back?</span>

OFG

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gappa</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Man whats to tell.. Not much difference once you mount it and go shoot! You mount it, you shoot, you sight in the scope/rifle... That is how every optic in existence works..
1zpk0b4.jpg
[/img] </div></div>
Several people have tried to help you and you think you know it all. Saying you learn nothing about an optic from shooting it is the most idiotic thing I've read on here in a while.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gappa</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Man whats to tell.. Not much difference once you mount it and go shoot! You mount it, you shoot, you sight in the scope/rifle... That is how every optic in existence works..
1zpk0b4.jpg
[/img] </div></div>

This statement alone displays your complete lack of understanding of a rifle scope, there is so much more to the equation than just looking through the scope to make a determination as to how it will preform. I believe here in lies the problem you have, in order to understand a rifle scope you have to go out and use it and learn how to properly employ it to appreciate a scope. I believe if you actually spent a little the time learning to use the scope rather than trying to unsuccessfully convince us you know something about optics because you own some telescopes, you may come to the realization that there is much more to this game than you obviously understand. As stated by multiple individuals above, you need to shut up listen to those who have knowledge here, and most importantly get some instruction on how to properly employ the equipment you so clearly do not understand.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: oldfatguy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"4th Premier" Forth? OK, don't know how I missed one.

Now, again, how is the above mentioned S&B better than the one you sent back?

OFG </div></div>

I ordered a Premier Light Tactical from Optics Planet, it had oil all over the inside, I sent it in to Paul Lange and they sent me another new one.. Two shots of .223 and there was black shit visible in the inside lens and oil spray as well. I sent it back and got my money back..
The 5-25x56 I got cheap and sold cheap but it had an issue with the 2nd turn turret detent wouldn't pop out on the second rev.. I should have sent it in and had it fixed but I just didn't feel like messing with it. It was an awesome scope tho, they were all awesome scopes except for those little issues.
The way I see it if I spend that kind of $, it better be perfect or as close as possible.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bth87</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gappa</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Man whats to tell.. Not much difference once you mount it and go shoot! You mount it, you shoot, you sight in the scope/rifle... That is how every optic in existence works..
1zpk0b4.jpg
[/img] </div></div>

This statement alone displays your complete lack of understanding of a rifle scope, there is so much more to the equation than just looking through the scope to make a determination as to how it will preform. I believe here in lies the problem you have, in order to understand a rifle scope you have to go out and use it and learn how to properly employ it to appreciate a scope. I believe if you actually spent a little the time learning to use the scope rather than trying to unsuccessfully convince us you know something about optics because you own some telescopes, you may come to the realization that there is much more to this game than you obviously understand. As stated by multiple individuals above, you need to shut up listen to those who have knowledge here, and most importantly get some instruction on how to properly employ the equipment you so clearly do not understand. </div></div>

Enlighten me? Are you talking about how an optic will track? Or using the optic's reticle?
What are you talking about as far as "using" it??

I only had one S&B.. I sent it back and funneled that into the Premier that's on it's way..
The S&B is a beautiful scope nothing was wrong with the scope it was me, or rather it wasn't me..

If you spent more time shooting with these scopes instead of typing about them you would fully understand where we are all coming from. sitting in your house looking out the window is not a fair evaluation of each optics performance.

I think you need to take a big step back from the keyboard and go out and use these scopes instead of just collecting them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rob01</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rancid Coolaid</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Strange how things slowed down when the optic arrived, for me it is usually the opposite: I have more to say once I have hands on the glass.</div></div>

He's busy finding out what a mil is before giving us his write up of the scope. Sure it will be informative
crazy.gif

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3486336#Post3486336 </div></div>

Wow

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you spent more time shooting with these scopes instead of typing about them you would fully understand where we are all coming from. sitting in your house looking out the window is not a fair evaluation of each optics performance.

I think you need to take a big step back from the keyboard and go out and use these scopes instead of just collecting them. </div></div>

I intend on doing just that as soon as the Premier arrives. I haven't been able to go to the range in a hot minute..

I got mil it was the math behind the ranging that was a little hard to grasp. <span style="font-weight: bold">Man I did say I'm just getting back into shooting again..</span> I <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #FF0000">didn't</span></span> come on here and start saying I was the The Grand Fuka Masa of the sniping world and everyone should bow to me!

I'm just trying to pick up where I left off years ago and become a better shooter....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gappa</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm just trying to pick up where I left off years ago and become a better shooter.... </div></div>

Type less and shoot more.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JSF</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gappa</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm just trying to pick up where I left off years ago and become a better shooter.... </div></div>

Type less and shoot more. </div></div>

This ^^^^

Lets see if this one actually gets mounted and a shot fired under it before you find "flaws" in it and send it back. Unreal.

I find it funny that he sold one Premier that he loved because the second rev detent didn't work. So that means that this guy who has no idea what he is doing was planning on shooting with more than 15 mils of elevation often lol. I still think this guy is a troll.

I forgot to mention I made money on it when I resold it so I had more than one reason to sell it.. I'm gonna mount this one tonight. The .92mm low rings are perfect, I have about 1/8" clearance from the bell to the barrel.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gappa</div><div class="ubbcode-body">no THIS!! vvvvv
[img:center]
21e2h6v.jpg
[/img]

</div></div>

THIS^^^ is going to make you a better shooter??

Shit! I'm in serious trouble then! I only spent the last 3 days prepping and loading brass.

Oh, I mounted my (2nd hand) Vortex Razor HD yesterday, going shooting tomorrow and Friday. Clearly I'm doing it ALL wrong.

<span style="color: #FF0000"><span style="font-size: 17pt">AND</span></span>

If you have managed to piss Rob off, you must REALLY be an arsehole. ANYBODY on this site will tell you that he is one of the nicest guys you could meet. I've met him, and he is!

N

Not sure what I did, not trying to piss anyone off. If you are reloading you are doing something right. I can only hope FGMM and Black Hills does a good enough job. I got a long way to go before I will get into reloading. That's how you know someone is a serious shooter when they are cooking up their own ammo.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gappa</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not sure what I did, not trying to piss anyone off. If you are reloading you are doing something right. I can only hope FGMM and Black Hills does a good enough job. I got a long way to go before I will get into reloading. That's how you know someone is a serious shooter when they are cooking up their own ammo. </div></div>

Interesting insight. I never thought that only reloaders are serious shooters. So, what does that make me? I reload for some calibers, but not for others because factory works exceedingly well in those.

Am I a serious shooter, then?

ILya

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gappa</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not sure what I did, not trying to piss anyone off. If you are reloading you are doing something right. I can only hope FGMM and Black Hills does a good enough job. I got a long way to go before I will get into reloading. That's how you know someone is a serious shooter when they are cooking up their own ammo.</div></div>
I think this forum would be a lot better off if you just quit posting anything.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gappa</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I forgot to mention I made money on it when I resold it so I had more than one reason to sell it.. I'm gonna mount this one tonight. The .92mm low rings are perfect, I have about 1/8" clearance from the bell to the barrel. </div></div>

So you were not honest when you sold the scope to some unsuspecting bloke? You over charged them? Wow.... that is low class!

Are you sure you have clearance, clarence?

I know a geezer that loads his own ammo. He uses mixed headstamp brass, sometimes necks up or down to make .308 brass and even trims .30-06 brass down to make .308 brass. He uses whatever generic bullet and one charge for all brands of bullets of the same weight.

Your logic, he's a serious shooter.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ILya</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gappa</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not sure what I did, not trying to piss anyone off. If you are reloading you are doing something right. I can only hope FGMM and Black Hills does a good enough job. I got a long way to go before I will get into reloading. That's how you know someone is a serious shooter when they are cooking up their own ammo. </div></div>

Interesting insight. I never thought that only reloaders are serious shooters. So, what does that make me? I reload for some calibers, but not for others because factory works exceedingly well in those.

ILya </div></div>

I'd say that makes you a semi-serious shooter. I bet you didn't know that about yourself. This guy is learning us all. Just wait until he starts doing reviews, he's gonna put you out of the business man.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Paduan Learner</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you have managed to piss Rob off, you must REALLY be an arsehole. ANYBODY on this site will tell you that he is one of the nicest guys you could meet. I've met him, and he is!

N </div></div>

Yea that is pretty impressive. Rob was nice enough to let me bug him about my scope purchase a few years ago.

ROFL cracks me up that everyone is falling for the trolls trolling. LOL

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ILya</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

ILya </div></div>

"Serious" is spending over $10,000 on optics in a matter of months (maybe weeks) and having only a few rounds through the lot of them.

"Serious" is eyeballing a scope - not mounted to a rifle - and calling the eye relief not good.

"Serious" is experience in one thing counting as credit toward knowing something else.

I am not a serious marksman.

Instruction. Professional, high-quality instruction. And lots of practice in good marksmanship technique with rifle and scope: nothing else will solve the problem.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: redneckbmxer24</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ILya</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gappa</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not sure what I did, not trying to piss anyone off. If you are reloading you are doing something right. I can only hope FGMM and Black Hills does a good enough job. I got a long way to go before I will get into reloading. That's how you know someone is a serious shooter when they are cooking up their own ammo. </div></div>

ILya </div></div>

I'd say that makes you a semi-serious shooter. I bet you didn't know that about yourself. This guy is learning us all. Just wait until he starts doing reviews, he's gonna put you out of the business man. </div></div>

Semi-serious? Well, I've been called worse, I suppose, so I'll settle for that.

As far as reviews go... I can't wait.

ILya

He sent it back, there was a scratch underneath the bolt carrier.

There I finally got the damn thing all together now I can go shoot. [img:left]
2ntwvnd.jpg
[/img]