• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I got some free stuff and have some questions

TXLEO

Private
Minuteman
May 26, 2013
Central Texas
A coworker gave me basically a full reloading setup that was his grandfathers. He wanted to see it used, rather than sit in his garage. There were also some components. How long are primers good for? There are some unknown age CCI BR2 and Federal 210M in the lot. The packaging looks dated, but primers "look" new and shiny. Good to go?

In the first pic, what is the horseshoe shaped piece for? It looks like a stand, but I can't figure out what for!

Also, any idea what is in the last two pics? The wooden box has multiples of each. The far right looks like a cleaning setup similar to a boresnake. No idea about the other item. It unscrews and that pin is inside.

Nice haul! The horseshoe piece is the primer catcher tray, look for a allen wrench looking thing with two 90's on it to hold it in place. As for the last two pics, beats me, but I know it's no bore snake.

Also, the old box of Peter's ammo might be worth something to a collector??

Ive got primers that survived a fire, and they're about the only thing that survived, they work fine. yeah, the horseshoe tray kinda wraps around your press, should have a crescent shaped whatchamacallit that holds it in place.

The photo with the "stick and string", old military pull through with oil bottle, I've found these type items in all kinds of old bolt guns, the one you have looks similar to one I found in an old Enfield.

I agree, Nice Haul! A large rubber band or a piece of electrical tape (what I use) will hold your spent primer catcher on the press. The pic is not clear enough for me to tell what that other stuff is. It looks a little like an M-1 or M1 carbine oiler. Lets see what kind of tools are in the wooden cigar box! Lightman

Thanks all! Light man, I'll get some pics when I can. Lots of those oilers and pull throughs. Along with some old scope mounts and I think a checkering tool.

I plan to waste_knot. And eventually load him some 223 range fodder.

I have the same old press my grandfather gave me and all I use is a rubber band to hold the primer catch tray, and primers I am using my grandfather from the 80 as long as they were stored property. Tell your coworker thank you, that is not cheap stuff

The last picture looks like M1 Carbine oilers. They fit in the buttstock and the sling wraps around so it won't slip through the slot in the stock.

Frank