• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I guess Ebay joined the band wagon...

Quicksilver

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 3, 2013
College Station, TX
Well guys, I thought I was listing a rifle scope on ebay to kinda clear a few things out and wouldn't ya know it? I guess they joined the band wagon.
I received the following email this morning and couldn't believe it. Also, don't mind the account name- I've had it since I was 16. But not anymore!

Dear speakerbuyer69 ([email protected]),

You recently listed the following listing:

130869517386 - Bushnell Elite Tactical LRS 5-15x 40 Rifle Scope

Unfortunately, we had to remove your listing because of the following:

You listed an Assault Weapon compatible part or accessory.Items related to, used with, or compatible with an assault weapon cannot be listed on eBay.

eBay does not permit the sale of any assault weapon-related parts or accessories. Please understand that eBay takes no position on the gun control issue. We've implemented our policy due to the complex and varied regulations governing the sale of these items. If this item is compatible with any non-assault weapon you may relist so long as you remove all references to assault weapons from within the listing.

We understand that you may have not been aware of this policy, and this notice is to simply make sure that you are aware of it going forward. We have issued a full credit of any listing fees that were charged for this item.

For more details on California assault weapons law, please visit http://ag.ca.gov/firearms/awlist.htm and http://ag.ca.gov/firearms/

Due to numerous laws and regulations regarding the sale of assault weapons (including parts and accessories for assault weapons), these items aren't allowed on eBay.

You may list accessories that would fit a variety of different weapons, such as scopes, sites, and shoulder straps. However, if you sell these items, you may not mention assault weapons in your listing.

Listings describing parts or accessories for an assault weapons will be removed, including items that do not attach to assault weapons.

To learn more about our assault-weapons policy, go to:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/firearms-weapons-knives.html

All fees related to this listing have been credited to your account. We also notified members who placed bids on the item that the listing has been canceled.

Please note: violation of this or other eBay policies may result in forfeit of eBay fees on cancelled listings, limits on account privileges and account suspension.

You can review our list of prohibited and restricted items here:
http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/items-ov.html

If you have any more questions, contact our policy experts. Get started by clicking the link below.
http://contact.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ContactCS&Query=1338&Domain=Homer_EOA&From=163954

We appreciate your understanding.

Thanks,

eBay

Didn't know that a scope was considered a assault weapon accessory. I called ebay (which is a feat!!!!!!) and tried to explain that the scope wasn't mounted to an assault rifle (ever) since I own no fully automatic weapons, but they didn't give a rat's ass. Apparently, from what she told me alot of listings are being systematically pulled and cancelled. WTF. Just a heads up.

They have done this for a long time. You can't list something with mention of certain other items. For example, I sold a mag pouch for AR mags a few years ago, and had to remove AR-15 from the description. I don't know if it is an anti-gun thing, or just a California thing. Their fees have become outrageous anyway, so I try and avoid them.

We appreciate your understanding.

Thanks,

eBay

Tell them you appreciate their understanding that you will never visit or use their site again.

Paypal, eBay, craiglist....they are all liberal, SF-based anti-gun sites. Why support them?

Hmmm... must not apply to the 100's of magpul stocks, grips, and everything else lol.

Nothing to see here...move on. ;)
Ebay and Paypal suck when it comes to your gun rights.

I just wish that a huge financial backer would create a "Gun Owner's Bank" where we could invest our money and open checking and credit accounts. Manufactures and FFLs would have their accounts there as well; free from any possible infringements upon their legal activities.

I despise business who refuse to do business with you because they refuse to understand constitutional rights....sounds illegal...probably is...waiting on a good lawyer to pick up cases like this where we, legal gun owners/buyers/sellers, are discriminated against for exercising our rights.

They suck. They did this to me on a set of .223 dies i was selling. I watched others with more references to ar's than mine not get pulled. They seem to pick and choose how they apply it.

Last edited:
Tactical wouldn't be a search term I'd use to locate items, anyway. But, that's just me.

-S

They've been that way for years...It'll stay listed if you avoid terms like AR, AR-15, M4 etc....

Just contact them and clarify that it is a rifle scope ive heard that anti gunners will troll ebay and report anything related to guns just to stir some shit just call and speak to a supervisor to clarify the item

I actually did call ebay (which is a pita!) and asked why it was pulled when theres literally hundreds of scopes and I got a "we will investigate and email you".

So I relisted it, took tactical out of the name, listed it as used, put a short BS description (but really, it is in great shape) and listed it again.

I can't help it that bushnell named the stupid thing tactical elite. Honestly, for a little 400 dollar scope, it was pretty good. I just don't need it. But, after this I won't deal with ebay anymore. The fees are insane- I haven't sold anything on ebay in probably 4 years, and now the fees are 9% of your sales total plus extra blah blah blah, and they take out a percentage on shipping. Jesus.

Last edited:
Someone local in Las Vegas was selling an ASSAULT ROCK on ebay and they also banned it. Let me find the link...

F**** ebay I just closed my account. Then they send me a notice saying it won't be officially closed for 180 days.
Nice... real nice flea bay

I had bought 10's of thousands of dollars worth of equipment and such from those people. But 3 months ago I told them to suck at the brown hole over 30 dollars worth of stiff. I will not sign up for pp, or allow it to be used by anyone in this family in any way. I don't give a fuck what they say or how hard the try to give me a free reach around. They have lost many others that I know of as well, over stupid shit. Funny they won't sell gun shit but will hook you up with all the ingredients needed for explosives, a Chemical device, or a timer to trip either.