• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I had to send my Hawke back....

isaaccarlson

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 21, 2011
Wisconsin
The optical zero was at the far left end of the windage range and I only had 2 minutes of wind left. I did not notice until I changed my shooting direction and tried to adjust for a left wind.....couldn't do it. I called Hawke and they said send it back and they will look at it. The customer service is great, but the QC is lacking. This is the second scope I have sent back. The first one had a canted reticule ( about 3°). If the next one is bad, I will be taking it back to the dealer to get my money back. A person tends to expect more for $500.

Re: I had to send my Hawke back....

That sucks man. I have been impressed with my friends sidwinder 30 8-32x56, we have put it threw its paces for sure!

They make good scopes, the display model was a 6.5-20x42 and it had no problems. I would have bought that one, but I wanted the extra top end. It really helps way out there. I don't think I should have to pay for the first trip, let alone the second. I will see what comes back. If it is good, then it will get used. If it is bad, I will be getting my money back and getting something else. You would think they would make sure the replacement actually works before sending it out.

I just talked to Hawke again and they are sending a return label so I don't have to eat shipping. The customer service is top notch.

Sorry about the bad experience, but at least CS was good. Nothing worse than a crappy product and worse CS!

When you speak to them, ask them to bring out a Mil/Mil FFP scope in the sub $500 range! it would sell like hot cakes!

I have had a problem or two with mine but nothing they wouldn't remedy. Still a great product for the money compared to others with similar featues. Bad lck may be to blame,I have 6 and all my friends are using them and i have only seem problems with the lower end ones.