• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I like snakes but .........

Maggot

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood"
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jul 27, 2007
    Virginia
    "This Black Mamba was
    caught on camera close to an orange grove in Karino near Nelspruit (South
    Africa). Estimated to be about 6 and half metres long. Estimated Age being
    45. Has enough venom to kill 400 men- and very, very quickly!"

So he would be about 21 feet long. A snake like this can raise up approximately 1/3 its length so he would be looking down at you and could hit yuo right in the face. I read a story of a guy who was bitten by a Green Mamba and was getting cold in 10 minutes.

306550_4272416652505_1926843362_n.jpg

Re: I like snakes but .........

One of many, many reasons I will never go to Africa.

tastes more or less like chicken?

neat picture, good reminder that humans only claim to be at the top of the food chain.

naked in the wilderness with nothing else but with your born with....the tables turn pretty darn quick!

looking at the fence post, bucket, birdhouse etc. in the background gives some scale to the size of the snake, the head alone appears to be between a saucer and supper plate size.

yikes

Damn I didn't think Black Mambas got that large. They are the fastest snake in the world also can move at 10-12 mph. Not sure for how long but it could chase your ass down. And climbing a tree is out of the question as they take to trees also.

And people still post....after you share this...unbelieveable

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Trocar</div><div class="ubbcode-body">According to snopes.com; it is a sculpture. Snopes link </div></div>

Black Mambas are the baddest of the bad, and deserving of great respect.

Having said that, the only way I would want to be on the same acreage as the snake in that picture was if I was driving one of these:

flamethrower-tank-530606.jpg

I want one for my yard, but animated... that'll keep the neighbors away lol...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">naked in the wilderness with nothing else but with your born with....the tables turn pretty darn quick!</div></div>

Didn't our ancestors start out that way? We're here, the dinosaurs aren't (except as petroleum).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Malaga2</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="font-weight: bold">And people still post....after you share this...unbelieveable</span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Trocar</div><div class="ubbcode-body">According to snopes.com; it is a sculpture. Snopes link </div></div> </div></div>

This made me laugh, hard.

Just goes to show ya, if it's the first post in the internetz then it must be true lol.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 50calcruiser</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MLC</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> crazy Mamba story & vid. </div></div>

Holy shit.</div></div>

+1!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EddieNFL</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">naked in the wilderness with nothing else but with your born with....the tables turn pretty darn quick!</div></div>

Didn't our ancestors start out that way? We're here, the dinosaurs aren't (except as petroleum). </div></div>

Humans pretty much used tools from the get go in order to survive, anytime you find remains of humans or similar, there are tools around because those that grabbed tools had a chance to survive, those that didn't died pretty quickly.

The human body has some unique advantages such as:
    Eyes forward for better depth perception
    Eyes with white on coloured center to better aid non verbal communication while group hunting
    Very good angular velocity to make quick changes in direction
    The ability to outrun many larger prey animals over long distance without overheating as quickly

But pretty much without tools you go nowhere, with tools you have a chance, even if your tools are simply a wooden spear or a big club, a rock or a sharp shard, or Fire!

But the picture in the snopes link doesn't match. In that pic the fake snake's head is flat and in the original the snake's head is raised. I agree it's probably fake but that seems like lazy reporting on their part.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EddieNFL</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">naked in the wilderness with nothing else but with your born with....the tables turn pretty darn quick!</div></div>

Didn't our ancestors start out that way? We're here, the dinosaurs aren't (except as petroleum). </div></div>

Consider yourself lucky that the dinosaurs went extinct around 64 million years before our naked ancestors arrived on the scene.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Malaga2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And people still post....after you share this...unbelieveable

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Trocar</div><div class="ubbcode-body">According to snopes.com; it is a sculpture. Snopes link </div></div> </div></div>

No, it's perfectly, perfectly believable.

This was posted here some time ago. And the same comments were heard. LOL

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Humans pretty much used tools from the get go in order to survive, anytime you find remains of humans or similar, there are tools around because those that grabbed tools had a chance to survive, those that didn't died pretty quickly.</div></div>

Wonder where they got the tools. Home Depot hadn't evolved, yet.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Consider yourself lucky that the dinosaurs went extinct around 64 million years before our naked ancestors arrived on the scene.</div></div>

Somehow I think it would have been easier to avoid a theropod than a sabre tooth. Of course, odds of overcoming and surviving an encounter may have been greater with the sabre tooth, but dead is dead. Doesn't really matter what ate you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EddieNFL</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
    Wonder where they got the tools. Home Depot hadn't evolved, yet.

</div></div>

Seriously?

Sharp sticks and pointy rocks were probably available for barter back then right?

Though oddly, how one could trade for them when all the words sounded like, "ugh", baffles me.

Damn maggot, that was friggin' huge! Africa can keep that nasty thing.
    eek.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KHOOKS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Damn I didn't think Black Mambas got that large. They are the fastest snake in the world also can move at 10-12 mph. Not sure for how long but it could chase your ass down. And climbing a tree is out of the question as they take to trees also.

</div></div>
    they can`t travel at 10-12 MPH..... or climb trees.......WHILE slipping in my shit..........
    bill larson

Trading & bartering don't really need all that much functional language to get basic goods in hand swapped around.

Wow this pic gets around. I have seen in it text messages and emails for over a year in all different ways of description of where and what the snake was doing.