• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I live in a target rich environment

I was expecting...

1702400436306.png

How about Spotted Owls?

Or are they still used to stop logging?

Reactions: Maggot
IMG_7763.jpeg

Fuck the spotted owls… those needy little weaklings (and their soy-powered fans) virtually destroyed logging in the PNW back when Al Gore was blowing Greenpeace eco-turds in his office.

Eat more spotted owl. If the Barred owl is driving them out it’s because natural selection selected spotted owls into oblivion.

Stop trying to save worthless species.

And yes, that applies in urban areas, too.

Sirhr

Here in Missouri it's a big no-no to have any owl anything unless there's some documentation of where it came from. They're all protected around here. If you found a feather on your property and pick it up, you can get in big trouble.

Branden

• Wow
Reactions: NoDopes
Here in Missouri it's a big no-no to have any owl anything unless there's some documentation of where it came from. They're all protected around here. If you found a feather on your property and pick it up, you can get in big trouble.

Branden

All birds of prey, not just owls. I found a neat wing feather off a hawk but I had to leave it in the woods as possession is illegal.

Washingtonians and Oregonians rejoice……

i have these bastards all over on my property……the fuckers killed my cat.
If you can make this fly in an EIS or EA you can make anything fly....Even clearcut logging.

Reactions: doubloon and Ronws

Branden
Most of them are Federally protected as 'raptors' and its a serious fine to kill them. Hawks, eagles, and falcon fall into the same class.

Reactions: diggler1833
Most of them are Federally protected as 'raptors' and its a serious fine to kill them. Hawks, eagles, and falcon fall into the same class.
Are they technically protected as “migratory birds” and more specifically “native” to North America?

Are they technically protected as “migratory birds” and more specifically “native” to North America?
Dont know. Just passing along what I learned when I inquired about getting one out of my attic. I was told "Dont fuck with them theyre a protected species." I'll leave it there, but they did decide do move along before long.

Being a non native species???

Wait aren’t chickens raptors?
IMG_5026.jpeg

When I was a younger man I ventured to Nome Alaska to seek my fortune panning for gold. After a month had passed I had found no gold and had run out of money. One day Fish and Game came calling. The officer says we have reports that you've been shooting seagulls, is that true? I say yes it is officer. I tell him that I had no money and needed something to eat. He tells me that it's a felony to shoot seagulls. Then he asks, what did they taste like? I had to think for a moment and then say best as I can describe they taste like a cross between Bald eagle and Spotted owl.

Paraphrase from Vernon, Bering Sea Gold.

Speaking of Alaska, from their Game and Fish Department site:

"Alaska hunting regulations do allow state residents to harvest Snowy Owls in certain areas of the state"

Attachments

• 1702521640350.gif
    1702521640350.gif
    2.5 MB · Views: 17
I freakin love owls.

Here in the Laramie “Tree Zone” we have a murder of crows that act more like a rouge gang of angry barking dogs. I’ve always liked crows, but I learned to hate these ones. But alas they are protected.

One time I used my coyote caller to play a baby crow in distress during their breeding season. It looked like a scene from the Hitchcock movie “The Birds” out here. It was insane. They wanted to save that baby. The opposite of what I intended.

IMG_4045.jpeg

I settled on playing owl sounds from YouTube and that worked wonders. They would immediately exfil the area.

After a while of doing that I started hearing owls hooting at night. Seems I had inadvertently called some in to the area. Thankfully my cat is an indoor cat. The crows chose another area to harass humans at daybreak ……

First… crows are protected? Please explain
second… when we want to kill crows we go about it a couple of ways
1) wound a crow, stand on one wing and pull on the other, the screams will bring them from 10 miles away
2) get a McDonald’s bag and large fry container and put them on the ground, fucking crows will spot them from 10,000 feet up and dive on them……
crows suck…..

Animal control told me that they are protected federally and there is no hunting in city limits. No poisoning, etc. They did say that squirrels could be trapped with approved traps.

Crows are protected by the Migratory Bird Treaty Act. The USDI-Fish and Wildlife Service (USFWS) and state wildlife agencies may issue permits to shoot crows. Check your local and state regulations before shooting crows.

The crows that I encounter while hunting are completely different. They have a healthy fear of humans. There is a season on them here.

We also have raccoons the size of medium size dogs that wander across my doorstep. As well as the occasional cougar that wanders into town. The university a couple of blocks away was doing a study of the local raccoons recently. I have to inform people just how dangerous those little fuckers are because these city folk (who, like to pretend they are country folk) have no clue…..

Reactions: doubloon
And……this quickly devolved into a cat thread……
Last Thanksgiving there were some people walking their cat in the park on a leash. There was great horned owl moving from tree to tree watching them.

It could be for both cats and owls. Did you hit the woods yet? Is owl dark meat or white meat? We could do recipes for cats and owls too. 🤣🤣🤣

Last Thanksgiving there were some people walking their cat in the park on a leash. There was great horned owl moving from tree to tree watching them.

It could be for both cats and owls. Did you hit the woods yet? Is owl dark meat or white meat? We could do recipes for cats and owls too. 🤣🤣🤣
Tastes like chicken.