• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I lost all of my cleaning supplies. šŸ˜”

Srgt. Hulka

Lighten Up Francis
Minuteman
  • Oct 8, 2014
    Shreveport, Louisiana
    My Brother in Law passed away back in January. He had a decent gun collection, about 20 guns, including some really nice Ponies. In March, I went up to help my sister clean them all, catalog and take pics of them, for estate purposes. I took all my cleaning supplies with me. Spent the weekend cleaning guns, visiting with my sister, out in the Arkansas woods. It was a nice, but sad, weekend. On Sunday, I pack up the truck and come on home. I get home, unloaded the truck, and no box of cleaning supplies. Iā€™m thinking, ā€œWell crap, I left all my stuff in Arkansas.ā€ I called my sister and she didnā€™t see my box, so I figured my stuff got put up with my BILā€™s stuff, so I wasnā€™t to worried about it. Now remember, this was in March, right when the Kung flu bullshit started. So it was a while before I could make it back up and look for myself. Finally made the trip back up, looked for myself, and sure enough, my box of cleaning supplies was nowhere to be found at her place. Now I have no idea what happened to them. None. I keep thinking that they got put up somewhere that I havenā€™t looked, and I would eventually stumble over them, but no, theyā€™re just gone. Iā€™ve looked many times. Years of supplies just gone. Some old junk, some good stuff. eaning fluids, patches of all sizes, cleaning rods, brushes, jags, patch loops, pistol kit, shotgun kit, bore guide, some stuff Iā€™ve had since the early 70ā€™s including a greasy gun rag that I still used, just disappeared. Only thing I have left is my fiberglass onepiece rods. They made it home. So now, Iā€™m starting all over. What a pain in the ass. šŸ¤Ø

No real reason for this post other than to just rant and vent.
    And no, I havenā€™t cleaned a gun since March. šŸ˜„ Iā€™m about to spend the day on Bore Techs site and stock up.

My Brother in Law passed away back in January. He had a decent gun collection, about 20 guns, including some really nice Ponies. In March, I went up to help my sister clean them all, catalog and take pics of them, for estate purposes. I took all my cleaning supplies with me. Spent the weekend cleaning guns, visiting with my sister, out in the Arkansas woods. It was a nice, but sad, weekend. On Sunday, I pack up the truck and come on home. I get home, unloaded the truck, and no box of cleaning supplies. Iā€™m thinking, ā€œWell crap, I left all my stuff in Arkansas.ā€ I called my sister and she didnā€™t see my box, so I figured my stuff got put up with my BILā€™s stuff, so I wasnā€™t to worried about it. Now remember, this was in March, right when the Kung flu bullshit started. So it was a while before I could make it back up and look for myself. Finally made the trip back up, looked for myself, and sure enough, my box of cleaning supplies was nowhere to be found at her place. Now I have no idea what happened to them. None. I keep thinking that they got put up somewhere that I havenā€™t looked, and I would eventually stumble over them, but no, theyā€™re just gone. Iā€™ve looked many times. Years of supplies just gone. Some old junk, some good stuff. eaning fluids, patches of all sizes, cleaning rods, brushes, jags, patch loops, pistol kit, shotgun kit, bore guide, some stuff Iā€™ve had since the early 70ā€™s including a greasy gun rag that I still used, just disappeared. Only thing I have left is my fiberglass onepiece rods. They made it home. So now, Iā€™m starting all over. What a pain in the ass. šŸ¤Ø

No real reason for this post other than to just rant and vent.
    And no, I havenā€™t cleaned a gun since March. šŸ˜„ Iā€™m about to spend the day on Bore Techs site and stock up.

Ahhh.....getting old.
    As I left the range yesterday I checked, rechecked, and checked again.
    I expect your cleaning stuff has followed my can of Allen wrenches into the abyss.

I've left things sitting on the toolbox and drove off. Sucks.
    Canā€™t count the number of tools Iā€™ve set on a disk, plow, planter etc and plowed or disked under. A phone or two also.
    some archaeologists in the future is going to be wondering why thereā€™s a random wrench or ratchet out in the middle of nothing.:LOL:

A L I E N S......

Aliens.jpg

Canā€™t count the number of tools Iā€™ve set on a disk, plow, planter etc and plowed or disked under. A phone or two also.
    some archaeologists in the future is going to be wondering why thereā€™s a random wrench or ratchet out in the middle of nothing.:LOL:

Iā€™ve found some of that stuff, walking the fields, arrow head hunting. šŸ˜„

Reactions: Dewey7271
    Soryy to hear . Some 9f my cleaning stuff has sentimental value. Pruchased for a new gun , came with a gun or purchased for the kid's gun. Imagine the dismay I feel every time I see my clean8ng stuff after I lost all my firearms in that horrible boating accident .

The tool fairies have snagged quite a few things from me. But sometimes they return them, not often but sometimes. I have done a lot of ceiling access mechanical work and every now and then I'll find a tool. Sometimes it's mine. Oh shit, that's where you went tool. I left that there two years earlier. I guess no one had been there since.

I lost a cell phone once like that. Just gone. Then I found it about two weeks later in a cow trail. What they were doing with it I have no idea.

Since this has turned into a lost tool thread:

I'm still miffed at myself for leaving my field tool kit on a range bench a couple years ago. I still havenā€™t completely put it back the way it was. I had to do a quick zero check and throw on a new scope just before a match, so stopped at the range in a hurry, mounted the scope, zeroed it quickly, grabbed my pack and off to the match.

I realized I was missing the tool kit (in a canvas zip bag) during the match and returned to the range right afterwards to look for it. Of course it was gone. I checked with the range master on duty to see if anyone had turned it in but no dice. As you can tell, I still kick myself for that lapse.

Iā€™ve lost two different 4 pound hammers pounding stakes in the woods this way. I should learn and paint them fluorescent orange, but that would make too much sense.

Lost a ph and wallet like that. Found the wallet months later.

Reactions: Dewey7271
    Wait, people clean their guns?

Sure - one pass with a bore snake and it's good until next hunting season. šŸ˜

Been there and done that losing all my cleaning supplies in moves.

It wasn't all bad though - it made me try some new rods and patches and solvents and some of the newer stuff is probably better than what I was using before.

Reactions: Srgt. Hulka
    Since this has turned into a lost tool thread:

I'm still miffed at myself for leaving my field tool kit on a range bench a couple years ago. I still havenā€™t completely put it back the way it was. I had to do a quick zero check and throw on a new scope just before a match, so stopped at the range in a hurry, mounted the scope, zeroed it quickly, grabbed my pack and off to the match.

I realized I was missing the tool kit (in a canvas zip bag) during the match and returned to the range right afterwards to look for it. Of course it was gone. I checked with the range master on duty to see if anyone had turned it in but no dice. As you can tell, I still kick myself for that lapse.

Iā€™ve lost two different 4 pound hammers pounding stakes in the woods this way. I should learn and paint them fluorescent orange, but that would make too much sense.
    One thing that I can say about our range is if you left something there and it was found it would be put up until you came for it.
    Our folks are a tight bunch.