• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes I love this reticle ❤️

I saw this thread the other day and after checking out the Apex Optics website decided to get in on the pre-order for this scope. Got my Christmas shopping done early!

I wish manufacturers would go away from 15 mils per rotation on the elevation turret. Allowing more room between click allows larger font and more distinct lines in the .1 adjustments. Generally it feels a little more forgiving when you're rolling to the next target's dope.

As far as the argument about reduced travel/reduced time goes, on average you're getting 33% more turret rotation for the same adjustment. Let's say for arguments sake that equates to 33% less time (it's going to be significantly less than this because the time it take to move your hand to and away from the scope is the same). Off the top of my head if you get everything right, you should be able to change your dope in about 3 seconds on a 15 rev turret. That means you should increase your time to dial by about a second per dial. Typical PRS situation is 5 different ranges so 4 adjustments but lets call it 5 for whatever reason. That means you're shaving 5 seconds off total time. Fair enough. But now lets add in errors like overshooting your target value or taking more time to adjust and see the tighter lines and in my opinion that time savings goes away completely.

I also understand that having 3 full revs to keep track of isn't ideal. At the same time, how often does anybody use anything past 20 or even 15 mils outside of rimfire? Hell how often do we really even go past 10? Not very often in my area anyway.

Are there any other major tradeoffs when going to a 10 Mil/Rev turret?

Yeah, we appreciate that for sure. We spent a long time deliberating over every single aspect of this reticle, and went through several different versions.

Honestly, we have people switching to our scope from Nightforce, Kahles, Vortex and Minox, and not because we're paying them to. The big reasons are the features, the glass quality, and most frequently we hear because they love the reticle.

I'm sure we will learn from this as well, and there's always room to improve!

How are people moving when scopes are still on pre order? Says not shipping until Jan 25th 2022 on your site.

Also you will need to look into a commercial account on the Hide.

How are people moving when scopes are still on pre order? Says not shipping until Jan 25th 2022 on your site.

Also you will need to look into a commercial account on the Hide.
Sure no problem on the second point, I just created the account to answer questions that people had. I have no intention on selling anything here, but if that's a requirement we're completely fine with looking at getting a commercial account.

We have a whole bunch of prototypes that were at matches all through the summer here, and we have our hands on the final pre-production run units (i.e. the final prototype before we authorize the full run) that we've been testing with the last week or so.

Everyone that's had an opportunity to look through one, or shoot through one is very impressed.
We'll be releasing some side-by-side comparisons, but we'll let the units speak for themselves. Any other questions, feel free to ask!

Not all about sales for the site but commercial business here promoting their products. You can contact the site owner Frank Galli aka @lowlight with any questions.

Thanks for the explanation. Was just wondering who were using them and what they were using when moving from those other companies to your scope.

Reactions: Milf Dots
@apex.van, would you elaborate on your Six Sigma quality control system?
Yes, for sure, happy to try and take a crack at answering that.

There's a Six Sigma black-belt that consults for us, and I myself am SS Yellow Belt certified.

In typical OEM/ODM manufacturing processes, there'll be approximately a 20-30% return rate, meaning that at some point a customer is dissatisfied with something not functioning expected (usually parallax focus, or turrets not tracking properly). So in order to reduce that number, at the customer end, we've established a process where the factory will inspect all of the units leaving their facility before it ever gets to us.

Once it arrives at our facility we inspect every single unit and perform a series of tests using the same equipment that the factory has. We made sure to invest money into the QA/QC side of things, as well as premium packaging, so as to ensure that once our customers get their scopes they will know that it's a quality product that's guaranteed to work as expected.

Last edited:
You can upgrade to a commercial account above under Upgrades,

As noted it's not just straight sales but also advertising, marketing, etc, all endeavors businesses use to promote and sell a product, like bringing attention to a reticle

But welcome, I like the Open Source, OEM available SH reticle we did better, crowded sourced, available, but to each their own

Reactions: apex.van
I wish manufacturers would go away from 15 mils per rotation on the elevation turret. Allowing more room between click allows larger font and more distinct lines in the .1 adjustments. Generally it feels a little more forgiving when you're rolling to the next target's dope.

As far as the argument about reduced travel/reduced time goes, on average you're getting 33% more turret rotation for the same adjustment. Let's say for arguments sake that equates to 33% less time (it's going to be significantly less than this because the time it take to move your hand to and away from the scope is the same). Off the top of my head if you get everything right, you should be able to change your dope in about 3 seconds on a 15 rev turret. That means you should increase your time to dial by about a second per dial. Typical PRS situation is 5 different ranges so 4 adjustments but lets call it 5 for whatever reason. That means you're shaving 5 seconds off total time. Fair enough. But now lets add in errors like overshooting your target value or taking more time to adjust and see the tighter lines and in my opinion that time savings goes away completely.

I also understand that having 3 full revs to keep track of isn't ideal. At the same time, how often does anybody use anything past 20 or even 15 mils outside of rimfire? Hell how often do we really even go past 10? Not very often in my area anyway.

Are there any other major tradeoffs when going to a 10 Mil/Rev turret?
I totally appreciate your thoughts on this, and I don't necessarily disagree.
For us it was a consideration because of two factors.
1) We wanted to appeal to rimfire, centerfire, and ELR competitors, so having maximum useable travel was key
2) To overcome the physical zero stop system / travel limitation issue, we decided to increase the amount of MILS per Rev to 15

We found several benefits to that, apart from the fact that most of the top manufacturers were going that route anyway.
1) We can allow for a full 30 MILs of elevation travel (with a steep enough base/mount MOA), and you only have to do max two revs no matter what
2) Our clicks are so positive, tactile and audible that there's very little possibility of overadjusting on the regular that it wasn't a risk factor that entered the calculus at any time during deliberations between 10 and 15 MILs of travel (and we had lots of debates on that subject internally)

You can upgrade to a commercial account above under Upgrades,

As noted it's not just straight sales but also advertising, marketing, etc, all endeavors businesses use to promote and sell a product, like bringing attention to a reticle

But welcome, I like the Open Source, OEM available SH reticle we did better, crowded sourced, available, but to each their own
Yes, we should chat about using the SH reticle in some of our products, for sure!
And let me check with our team and see if we'd like to go that route for a commercial account.

Like I said, I created this account to answer some of the questions that were in the thread. Thanks Frank!

Don't like floating dots (I know it's all the rage these days). I prefer a floating crosshair (Cronus BTR gen 1) . Also think 0.2 mil marks are not worthwhile. Not that hard to figure out with 0.5 mil marks, IMHO.
Personal preference of course.

I thought he meant people were using their rifle scopes as spotters. Which I certainly never see in PRS circles. You're not allowed on the gun.

As far as spotting shots through the optic, sure, we all do that. But nobody needs the reticle to stop 1 mil above the crosshair to do that.

I've never in all my years of shooting heard anyone say they need that or want that. Nor have I needed it or wanted it myself. I even have it in my scope right now and don't use it in that matter. I spot my shots just fine. Along with everyone else.
Ohhhhh k gatcha. Sorry for the misunderstanding

Reactions: Birddog6424