• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes I must be surrounded by fudds

if shooting fast bothers you then
Jerry Miculek must drive you crazy .

No issues with a world class championship shooter. Not a big fan of every retard that brings their 16" AR-10 to and indoor range and can't keep the groups inside 12" at 15 yards from a supported position. But they miss REALLY FAST!!! To their credit they did have the full tacticool uniform and had an extra 20 lbs and $1,200 of shit they didn't need on that 16" gun. You may notice Mr Miculek's AR is pretty bare and he doesn't care much about looking tacticool.

I don't know maybe I don't appreciate the whole market segment that is more about looks than skills and more about spending money to upgrade a rifle that they don't even know how to use or service.

All this convo would be better suited to an AR forum, I thought I was on Sniper's Hide - where we discuss precision rifle work...

No thanks. I learned basic range safety and marksmanship skills from angry men armed with brass rods often used as attention getters. Doubt I will change.

Reactions: Huskydriver
No thanks. I learned basic range safety and marksmanship skills from angry men armed with brass rods often used as attention getters. Doubt I will change.

Well, wow, I'm surely impressed. Your virtue signalling is duly noted.

I learned basic range safety from my father when I was eight years old, it did not require angry men with brass rods. :)

Whatever...if you enjoy savoring each shot, cool. Virtue signaling duly noted.
Well, wow, I'm surely impressed. Your virtue signalling is duly noted.
princess-bride-meme.jpg

In the realm of CQB and room clearing, to which I am completely foreign. Why don’t they just keep the handguard off or use a really long barrel? You know, so the guy that grabs it burns his hand.

In the realm of CQB and room clearing, to which I am completely foreign. Why don’t they just keep the handguard off or use a really long barrel? You know, so the guy that grabs it burns his hand.

This is along the same lines of my thinking once, that if the barrel length makes the velocity higher, why not just make a barrel long enough to where the bullet comes out at faster than light speed.

This is along the same lines of my thinking once, that if the barrel length makes the velocity higher, why not just make a barrel long enough to where the bullet comes out at faster than light speed.
Earths curvature, we all know you can’t bend bullets. They proved it on Mythbusters. That’s how worm holes are created.
Edit:
Maybe with a corkscrew pattern left hand gain twist and hard cast 230s in the Lords caliber. But I’m a poor. So I’ll never know.

Last edited:
I have no dog in this fight, but whilst he may be guilty of blowing his own trumpet, but that is not virtue signalling.

"whilst" ... cool.

And you don't need that "but" in your sentence, after the second comma.

Plus we don't spell "signalling" that way. We speak American, not English!

:)

I have nearly everything figured out, not everything, but nearly everything.

But I definitely have you knuckleheads figured out. It's amusing and entertaining.

:)

Don't go to Boston. They might ban you as well.

I don't often use a vgf but on a range they come in handy at times, have been loaned to many people that forgot gear or could not get a comfortable position.

Duty quality NO.
Small quick bipod that stores well yes.
Use in comps as an emergency replacement, possibly.

No good reason not to have one around.

I do prefer bags but one of these stay in rifle bag.
20190911_153733.jpg

I don't often use a vgf but on a range they come in handy at times, have been loaned to many people that forgot gear or could not get a comfortable position.

Duty quality NO.
Small quick bipod that stores well yes.
Use in comps as an emergency replacement, possibly.

No good reason not to have one around.

I do prefer bags but one of these stay in rifle bag.View attachment 7145908

Now for the record, I wasn't ripping on forward grips. Didn't occur to me that some people took me ripping on a cheap forward grip as me not liking them at all; not the case.

I still use a KAC forward grip on my SBR. Now I don't use the old school hold where people used to wrap their hand around the grip as that has much too low of a hold and puts the fulcrum below the bottom rail, forces you to use your front hand to add tension as well as tension away from your NPA when bringing the rifle up and pulling it into your shoulder with your strong hand.

On an 'up drill', if you do it correctly, you should not have to move your head/face to align the sights, your strong side hand should be pulling back evenly, your shoulder should be squared with your elbow pointed straight down and your forward hand should be 90% bringing the front end up during presentation and 10% keeping the gun level; almost all of it is from the rear/strong hand. Most people make the huge mistake of griping the foreend with the front hand and trying to hold onto the gun during recoil when in reality it makes it worse. The use of a VFG almost always ensures this.

Most people make the huge mistake of griping the foreend with the front hand and trying to hold onto the gun during recoil when in reality it makes it worse. The use of a VFG almost always ensures this.

If you are not using it properly, or holding it most appropriately for the task at hand...yes, you are correct.

On an 'up drill', if you do it correctly, you should not have to move your head/face to align the sights, your strong side hand should be pulling back evenly, your shoulder should be squared with your elbow pointed straight down and your forward hand should be 90% bringing the front end up during presentation and 10% keeping the gun level; almost all of it is from the rear/strong hand. Most people make the huge mistake of griping the foreend with the front hand and trying to hold onto the gun during recoil when in reality it makes it worse. The use of a VFG almost always ensures this.

Bullshit. We all know that the VFG is ONLY to be used when doing the 1990's swat crouch walk, which you should be doing 110% of the time, all of the time, even on leap years, during RET/CQB/Ninja Ops. Duh. Also, elbows are supposed to be up in order to not only pinch the rifle into the shoulder pocket, but to allow your armpit hair to serve as a wind flag to your spotter. Fuckin amateur hour.

I have a ka and magpul forward grips on my ars because they were on sale for cheap.

Don’t know if I like them for shooting groups or not but I do appreciate them when carrying around my thermal rig instead of by the fat handguard.

Reactions: Centuriator
I have a ka and magpul forward grips on my ars because they were on sale for cheap.

Don’t know if I like them for shooting groups or not but I do appreciate them when carrying around my thermal rig instead of by the fat handguard.
Good thing shooting groups with an AR sucks anyway. Get it off the bench. Lol

It's an educational discussion on how tight to squeeze the forend dick on your ar15.

Veer_G seems way too interested in male body parts, but hey, no judgment. He is identifying himself and that's ok.

But I did find his rifle of choice.

61Oy4VOIejL._SL1500_.jpg

This is actually brilliant. I’m going to make a FTL barrel for the Navy and render the rail gun program obsolete!

Reactions: MarinePMI
Veer_G seems way too interested in male body parts, but hey, no judgment. He is identifying himself and that's ok.

But I did find his rifle of choice.

View attachment 7146032
No, this is entertainment and horsefuckery, @Veer_G is funny, you seem somewhat sad. Perhaps middle aged, A bit chubby? Hell I don't know but you spew shit like you have a need to be accepted. I'll pray for you?

Some odd folks show up here. I think .308 and Cent are one and the same!
Tag team troll.