• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors I need 1 pistol

Re: I need 1 pistol

I would vote for a smith and wesson J frame. My second choice only due to CCW is Glock 26/27. I carried my glock 27 for 4 years as my CCW in a comp-tac holster. Then I bought my Crimson trace 642 J frame and a don hume pocket holster. 4 years after carrying my J frame I'm still in love with it.

The J frame just slides in the pocket and you'll forget it's even on you. I carry all the time around the house,hunting or out and about. I practice weekly with it and it's accurate with iron sights. I'm going to pick up another J frame and give this one to the wife due to wanting a shrouded hammer,night sights and no crimson trace.

ONE SIDEARM?

IMHO anything Glock or Sig

9mm cheapest to shoot

.40 best ballistics

.45 largest hole

cant go wrong with any, just DONT BY A .45 GAP

Glock will be the easiest to learn, same trigger everytime, moron proof.

Sig, a bit better single action but the first round double action takes some geting used to in order to be proficient.

Reliability with both is pretty much 99% with the right ammo.

The Glock finish is better against the elements.

The Glock will need a holster than covers the trigger gaurd

The M&P is everything the Glock is and then some. I own and like both, however.

Any gun should have a holster that covers the trigger completely.

DOWNZERO: "I don't buy that at all. Both of those guns are very blocky and thick. If you have to conceal it, you definitely want a thinner gun than these two."

To me, neither are overly thick or blocky; 239 at 1.2" thick, the USP Compact at 1.14". The M&P was around 1.2" thick, if I recall correctly, so it's not too much thinner. If the M&P works for you, by all means use it. I've only handled, not shot one so I have no opinion of them.

I guess I'm not dainty enough for a few tenths of an inch to matter . . . or perhaps I just have a big ass, but they both conceal just fine for me. Of course, concealing a Colt Trooper Mk3 357 4 inch barrel way back in the dark ages has likely tainted my judgement as to what a thick pistol is.

Would 'cheap to shoot' really steer you away from a 5" 1911?

Handload, mi amigo, and you don't have to live among the peasants in 9mm ville. It's much cheaper to practice, and you can save your pesos for stockpiling Fed Hydrashocks, Corbons, or Golden Sabers, etc. for those 'only send the best' occasions.

Regards,
Steve

G19?

I have owned Glocks for 15 years.

I have put a 48 pound triple recoil spring assembly in a Glock 19 with a New York trigger so it can fire +P++++++++ handloads.

It is still not a very good gun to carry.
Great design, I can go through the design point by point, it has an amazing number of innovations with no screw ups, but still no good for concealed carry.

If was going to open carry, in a holster on the hip, then maybe I would consider carrying my G19.

So a G19 is no good for concealed, and way too wimpy and inaccurate for a big gun.

The concealed guns are Kel-Tec and Kahr.

The big guns have 45 bores, lasers, red dots, scopes, flashlights, or some advantage.

I have shot a G19 with a laser guide rod. Yeah, that makes it better. A little.

well I decieded on the springfield micro 3" barrel 1911 in 45acp. I made a trade with rem700man. it just feels so much better in my hands than any of the plastic guns.

I think I am going to put a barrel comp on it and go shoot some steel at my local range just to see if I can beat the guys that practice all the time with their race guns.

Thank you all for your input.