• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I need a class because clearly I am doing it all wrong

Lowlight

HMFIC of this Shit
Staff member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 12, 2001
    Base of the Rockies
    www.snipershide.com
    I thought I was a pretty decent shot, especially with a 308, but clearly I have a lot to learn.

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/yz4841szbHo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I am hoping he is available for SH to sponsor this year for all the matches happening as I think we'll take the whole ball of wax with him on our team

If we can reach Eddie how about a group lesson in marksmanship ?

LOL.. watched it the first time and thought what a bunch of BS when eddie got to the target. Watched it again to see the rig and caught the TR reference and started LMAO..

That is one of the bravest guys I have ever seen. Near as I could tell, he took that walk down a hot range. I know the 50/100 range was at a slightly different angle but I don't have that much faith in my fellow man.

Lessee, broke cheek weld between shots, 5 shots in 13 seconds, near as I can tell there was a 308 on the firing line but 6mm sized holes in the target. Magic, I tell ya!

Last edited:
    That is one of the bravest guys I have ever seen. Near as I could tell, he took that walk down a hot range. I know the 50/100 range was at a slightly different angle but I don't have that much faith in my fellow man.

Lessee, broke cheek weld between shots, 5 shots in 13 seconds, near as I can tell there was a 308 on the firing line but 6mm sized holes in the target. Magic, I tell ya!

Not to mention without rear support bag (as far as I could tell).

NOTE: video at 4:58-4:59 the 3 holes are clearly spaced vertically and are a reference point .308+.308+.308=.924. Then notice how at 5:02 he tries to cover with a quarter (I am guessing a standard U.S. issue .950 diameter quarter), and the quarter is still exceeding the hole cut by the bullets by way more than .026. Call me a sceptic....

Hell, I'll see his 500yds and raise it to 1500. I'll even spare y'all the wasted time and just DRIVE down (on a COLD range) to show you my pre-shot target from 100.

I understand that any asshole can call their rifle model whatever the hell they want to, but it irks me to see those things referred to as M40 variants when it has NOTHING to do with an M40. Hell, Marc is building me a new rifle in an A4 that's going to have some outward appearance similarities to an M40A3.5 (NV rail but no brake) that I may slap up in one of the M40 threads as a look-alike, but being built on a Deviant with a slightly different barrel contour and 6.5CM eliminates it from actual M40 status. By TR's definition, my 18" shorty in a Manners T4 could be a damn M40.

CLOWNS

Some people's kids. Glad to see I've clearly wasted all that time practicing my bolt manipulation without breaking my cheek weld. :rolleyes:

The shooting part was pretty lame, but I really enjoyed the walking part. Very relaxing. Overall C+

For those who didn't care to watch him walk down range for most of the video, here's his 500yd group.

edu5eha7.jpg

yeah I saw that a while ago and commented on his channel calling him out. I scrolled through trying to find it but when I got to this I had to laugh.

I'm sure Frank will appreciate this.
    tr_zps22078ff0.jpg

Attachments

• tr_zps22078ff0.jpg
      tr_zps22078ff0.jpg
      9.1 KB · Views: 27
    I'm sending my AI AE MKIII back, canceling my Surgeon order and taking up knitting. He sets the bar to high.

Man. He must have learned from my granddad. When I was little, he went shooting with my dad and I. He shot 1 solitary hole in the target and fired a whole magazine from that HBar at 25 yds and I was amazed.

Ryan

Man. He must have learned from my granddad. When I was little, he went shooting with my dad and I. He shot 1 solitary hole in the target and fired a whole magazine from that HBar at 25 yds and I was amazed.

Ryan

All the other rounds missed the paper, huh?

I love the "flyer" line... I don't know about you guys but my flyers typically are a little further out than .2 MOA! Sometimes I'm really off my game and they get all the way out to .5 MOA!

Who am I kidding, When I miss its out around the 2-3 MOA mark! Sub 1 is good for me, then again my rifles aren't 8K

Hell, every F-T/R Shooter that I know is doing it wrong! Who needs a 30+" barrel, wide stance bipod, rear bag, and custom handload running on the edge! Where the hell is Darrell Buell, he had better jump all over this guy for the National F-T/R team before someone else gets him. A 5 shot group at 500 yards covered with a quarter, hell that is a .20-.25 MOA group, better than what all of the team shooters that I know can do.

Not to mention all of the LE Snipers who are too scared or incompetent to think about taking a head shot at 500 yards. Hell I can't believe that the FBI HRT, DEA FAST, or USMS SOG are not knocking this guys door down. Of course they all probably have been, but my guess is he is already working for a Very Super Secret Black Agency!

Of course the million dollar question, is it the rifle, or is it the operator? I am guessing that it is a very synergistic relationship that can only be obtained by less than .01% of the shooting community.

I was going to empty the safe, and grab ones of rifles, but I am sure that it would ultimately just turn out to be like a mere mortal trying to remove Excalibur from the stone.

Guess I will just have to hope and pray to all of the Gods that I never cross paths with this Boomstick Prodigy and his Vessel of Ultimate Awesomeness.

been busy last couple days and come back to this, what in the living fuck is wrong with that retard?

Muzzle tip isn't on the same spot on the background and barrel angle keeps changing so unless those loads are inconsistent and the scope compensates for it automatically, call me a skeptic.

I posted a comment in response to the video but I kept it 'PG' so as to not be removed.

Here's another video he posted, with a group even smaller...'at 500yds'.

Last edited:
    Back down to six comments of friends slapping his back.

I ment on the actual shooters youtube vids. after LowLight posyed the link on here it seems everyone has flocked to his video and called him out. I think it's hilarious!!

"I have used for competitons (high powered rifle, NRA, EIC, USMC rifle teams, etc) I would honestly be sure the rifling you have is about a 1:10 for 168-180 grain ammo."

There you go Eddie G born in 1979 (guessing) this I know we can confirm or deny!

^ yeah, he also said he took a terrist out t over 1200yds with it as well, cause you know.......the marine corps always lets us carry our 8K custom personal rifles with us on deployments. pfft!

Going to the range tomorrow gonna see how my new custom loaded ammo in my USMC2(squared) M40A5 rifle will shoot at 500... I have watched the video several times now, so I think I have the technique down

1510610_10152303191367953_670560353_n.jpg

Going to the range tomorrow gonna see how my new custom loaded ammo in my USMC2(squared) M40A5 rifle will shoot at 500... I have watched the video several times now, so I think I have the technique down

1510610_10152303191367953_670560353_n.jpg

I hope you can reproduce that tilted scope thing that he does, that takes ninja skills.

David Caridine Lives.

Oops Kung Fu My Bad

Last edited:
    See! It's what I've been saying for years!

All you need is krylon and SNIPER ammo - everything else is just fluff!

------

I don't care what anybody else does - unless I'm on a two-way range, I'm not dropping a $100 mag to the deck after I get done yank-firing $10 worth of ammo.

Damn that guy can shooooot, I might as well give up, I'll never be able to shoot like that. What a crock

The most interesting man in the world doesnt always shoot .1 MOA, occasionly the quarter will only partially cover the 5 shot group at 500.

Stay thirsty my friends.

What the video really needs is for the 500 yard walk to be changed to him getting chased down the range by all the members of the Hide, perhaps with the Benny Hill theme tune as the soundtrack.