• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I need a new range finder

WeiserBucks

Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Feb 13, 2017
    Weiser , Idaho
    My leica shit the bed and it's way out of warranty. I'm not up to speed on any current offerings . I need something for hunting and steel to 1300 yds and want to spend less than I did on the 1600B . I'm not partial to any brand , what do you guys suggest?

Sig Kilo 2000... they're in the $300 range now with the new release of the 2200 and 2400.

Never used a Sig product, is it pretty basic or loaded with features? The only feature I'm interested in is angle compensation. Who is a good vendor to go with ?

Never used a Sig product, is it pretty basic or loaded with features? The only feature I'm interested in is angle compensation. Who is a good vendor to go with ?

It's pretty simple. Nothing over the top it provides angle and has a scan feature as well. Pretty easy to figure out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You'll be hard pressed to find a better value right now.

I would still give Leica a call, they may offer you a discount on a replacement. I have read stories on the old Hide (before the scout migration) where units have been replaced after warranty period. There used to be Leica rep who was a Hide member but that was a while ago. I have tried other units but have always came back to the Leica. If that does not work out, Eurooptic has them for
    $549 . http://www.eurooptic.com/leica-crf-1...der-40534.aspx

The Sig Kilo lives up to the hype! I have used it and was shocked at its ranging ability. like these other guys have said, there is probably no better deal on a quality rangefinder right now.

I just bought the Bushnell 1 mile Arc CONX, I think it is way better than the G7 and the 1600B because not only does it have 10 ballistic modes to choose from, But it will talk to the new Kestrel with Applied Ballistics and you can load the "Exact" Data in to it and it will talk to the Apps and you can store 3 Rifles in it plus what ever you have in your App so you have unlimited options, I tested out the pre set profiles and they worked out to be within 0.03 to 0.04 Mils, So you can either use the profiles or Kestrel AB or use your personal loads via your Apps for the ultimate in accuracy.and it will rang beyond a Mile. I think it is the ultimate Range Finder,

hope this helps,

John.

I bought a sig 2000 from cabelas 3 weeks ago. Range finder struggled to range fur and reflective targets were struggling to get readings at 1000 -1100. That's about the furthest it could reach.

On week 3 I took it back to cabelas and exchanged it for a new 2000 guy at cabelas asked no questions.
    the new one is like a hole difrent critter. It easily ranges trees to 1000 and reflect targets at 1685. That's the furthest I can see from my house. I haven't yet tested it in the Feild on fur but I'd imagine it's much better.

from my house I have a tree line at 950 and grain silo sticking out above the trees at 1685
    I'm looking forward to getting out and seeing if I can pull in some 2000 plus readings

I'd highly recommend buying from cabelas. The no questions asked exchange sold me. If the 2200 had been out I'm sure I could have exchanged into it

Good luck

id recommend the kilo2200 as well...i have the 2400AB which is supposed to be the similar laser to the 2200 and my 2400 easily out classes the kilo2000...on a sunny day i was hitting small trees at 1500 yds while 2 kilo2000s were struggling past 950-1000

I have been looking at the bushnell elite 1 mile. I have heard a lot of good stuff about them but not much on here. Anybody have experience with those?

Id wait till the 2200. Is out or if 2000 even exists after its out. It's only speckled to go 100yds further

my 2000 is going an easy 1500 on trees.

there does appear to be a few 2000 duds out there. My first one also struggled to go to 1000.
    my second one is banging out past 2000

Last edited:
    I have been looking at the bushnell elite 1 mile. I have heard a lot of good stuff about them but not much on here. Anybody have experience with those?

I have the ConX version and I think it is about the best of them all, It Zaps targets @ 500 yards as fast as you can press the button and I saw a guy on YT hitting fence posts at 1600+ yards first Hit, And I love how you can input the exact Data and get the correct results every time, One thing to remember is that It was Bushnell who first invented these LRF's to the general public,

It seems like the Sig has a 50/50 success rate as to whether you get a good one or a bad one, and I have seen more folks get a bad one that have had to exchange them for a replacement than those who got lucky first time, Sig is the one Brand I would Avoid just looking at the posts here alone without the posts I have seen elsewhere.

John.

If anyone is looking for a sig 2200, I would head over to Scott at liberty Optics. Great guy to deal with, and a great price. Put in your cart and check out price.

Like others have said really look at the sig 2200. Although I've only had mine a week and a half I love the damn thing. I hate to tell you that I paid only $420 through a buddy that's a dealer but even if I had to pay full price I still wouldn't bitch. Very easy to use even for me and I ain't good with electronics.

I have the kilo 2000. got it pretty soon after it first came out. I couldn't range a semi truck at 1000 yds. So. I'm assuming i need a new one. thanks sig.

I bought a Kilo 2000 from a member here . Fortunately for me , I live in a game rich area . I was ranging elk at 1900+ about 2 minutes after it got delivered .

So far I like it a lot. Easy for retards to set up an use and very quick returns on ranges . Mine doesn't seem very picky , I was ranging dirt , snow , grass and sage brush well beyond my effective shooting range .

I got a 2200 from Scott at liberty optics also, the discount was my deciding factor! I really really hope the 2200 works for me, Im not sure I can handhold a rangefinder for deer at 1k, very disappointed about sig not including the adapter for it at least with the 2200mr.

Another vote for the Sig Kilo. i got mine at Cabelas for $349 as well, it has impressed the hell out of me since day one. Here are a few pics of it ranging, all shot with the unit resting on my truck window. The farthest range is a metal pole barn with the other being a moving car.
    SuBsps6.jpg

pdzjEu6.jpg

From another post here. Its a pole barn...but still...thats 1.6 miles. Not too shabby.

Attachments

• photo49112.jpg
      photo49112.jpg
      55.6 KB · Views: 37
    Last edited:
    Just ordered the 2200 as I seem to have misplaced my 2000 after the Ariz PRS match. :(. Hope it arrives before my hunt next week.

I'd love to hear some field reports on the new 2200. I was out again today in bright sun zapping birch trees, farm fence posts and other stuff out to about 1600yds. Plenty good for my needs NOW. Lol.

Another plus for the sig! I had a leupold 1000 and was extremely dissapointed I couldn't pick
    Up anything past 500 period and nothing past about 200 without having it incredibly still. I got the sig a couple months ago for around 360 on here new and have picked up ranges out to just under 2700 yards. It's got
    Angle compensation and the most impressive thing to me is how quick it picks up and how consistent it is. I was holding it out the window of my truck when I picked up 2669 thought it was a fluke shot it again got 2670 way further than I'll ever even consider shooting but still amazing that a range finder in the 300
    Dollar price range will pick that up much les that consistently. It impressed my dad so much he had me get him one picked it up last week for 330 on here brand new. Just want the px and you'll find a good deal

I have two 2200s coming in tomorrow. Obviously don't need both. I can let 1 go for $425 shipped. PM if you're interested.

I had a Sig2000 and recently picked up a Leica 2000b at a good price. After comparing them, I sold the Sig, mainly due to the clarity (the Leica was much clearer). Ranging wise, it was a virtual tie with me giving a slight, and I mean slight, edge to the Leica. The Leica also feels smaller in my chest pocket while hunting. A few hundred more dollars. Those Sigs really return results fast though.

I think the Sig 2200 is the way to go if you have a kestrel or the Sig 2400 ABS if you don't. I'm waiting on the group buy for my 2400. I've had and used a Gen1 G7 for two years it was awesome for 1000 yards or less. I'm hoping the 2400 is the answer for 2000 or less yards. That's being optimistic!! I had the CONX for a hot second. I played with it and it did have nice ranging capability(1800yards) but, the 10 custom preloaded custom curves seamed gimmicky when i looked at the manual. If you used hunting rounds like 270,30-06 or the like, it might work great for hunting applications. Not so much for custom handloads with high G7 BC's that push the norms. Just my $.02.

IanHusaberg out

I took my Bushnell ConX out for a stroll and I was zapping trees at 1371 yards and a shed at 1677 yards, It was hitting the shed 10 out of 10, Things under 1200 yards were lightening quick and anything further took less than half a second, It was getting Sheep at 857 yards, But It did struggle on a black horse at around 1300 yards But that was due to Hand Shake, Under 450 yards I was able to Guess most distances with a couple of yards that I then checked with the ConX, On the whole I would say that it is the Best LRF I have used so far.

I was using it on a windy sunny day with changing light conditions so I am impressed with how it performs, 1677 yards was the furthest Target I could range because the wasn't anything else further out so I never got to push it to the Magic 1760 and beyond,

hope this helps.

John.

I have the kilo 2000. got it pretty soon after it first came out. I couldn't range a semi truck at 1000 yds. So. I'm assuming i need a new one. thanks sig.

You are not the first. Send it back they will take care of it.

Agreed. Sig kilo2000. I previously owned a bushnell, sold it and started using the kilo2k. Never looked back

Well to date the sig 2000 has the worst failure rate of any LRF that has been released, Yes it can range a long way but the question is How long will it range a long way for, Some folks have had 2 or 3 of them, Until these issues are solved I think people should stay well clear of Sig LRF's.

My Sig 2400 is in-bound. I'm eager to see if it can get me first round hits @ 1200 or past? A little time and money is all its going to take to find out. I'm about to drink the Sig Kool-aid myself.