• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

I Need alot of help Dillion owners

RampedRaptor

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 27, 2012
OH-IO Go buckeyes
Hey guys, I recently was giving for free alot of reloading stuff. tons of bullets brass and primers. Long story short familiy of a friend passed and they gave it all to me.

Problem is its all unorganized, older, dirty, surface rust....you get the picture..

I need help with the press and all parts associated.
The powder container is cracked at the top, im sure im missing parts etc.

Its a Dillion RL550

I know its older but what is my best option for getting this thing up and running?

I reload on a single stage and have no experience with a progressive setup but am 100% gratefull and excited.

Any and all help will greatly be appreciated

2012-09-23_19-43-17_74_zps0040139b.jpg

2012-09-23_19-41-41_67_zps0ae57125.jpg

Re: I Need alot of help Dillion owners

give Dillion a call they will make it like new for a small fee with quick turn around.

Ive read that before that dillion will fix stuff but I don't know what to tell them to fix or if theres common up grades for the 550 that most people do to get it up to par with the 550b when they send their press in..

thanks for reply

id say just send everything you have for the press to dillon and tell them you want everything up and running.

I agree, give Dillon a ring, mail it in, and head to there website to print off a free owners man. This way when it shows up back to your place you'll have an idea of whats going on with it and a working press to operate.

fedex will probably be 30 bucks for ground...

steel wool the rust off the primer tube and oil it, tape the crack in the powder measure if it isn't missing a piece, install your dies on the tool head and adjust them like on your single stage.
the powder measure drawers increase weight if turned to the right and decrease charge when turned left.
I am sure you can figure it out.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CanAm</div><div class="ubbcode-body">give Dillion a call they will make it like new for a small fee with quick turn around.</div></div>
They did mine for FREE.. 25 yrs. old.. looks like new....

Made the phone call to dillon today. Will send it out to then tomorrow. Hopefully they can get it back to looking/running like new.

Definitely need some steel wool. There seems to be a light rust on everything including the dies.

I have alot of bullets and brass I don't even have guns for that only means 2 things buy more guns or sell the stuff I don't need currently. ... so currently I need a 44mag 357mag and a 38 special ....

Actually I'm spending most my time reading up on the progressive. Alot more going on then with the hornady single stage.

Thanks for the replies, all info hints tips and warnings are greatly appreciated