• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors I Need Help picking a Silencer/Suppressor that is rated up to 300 win magnum.

Willie Miller V

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 20, 2013
I am looking to buy my first can and with all my research I have run across several. But I want some input from the experts here in helping me choose one and where to buy. I have a GA Precision Rock Custom 300 wsm, a Remington 700 custom 300 win mag, and a couple of 20" barreled 308 wins, and a 24" Backwater Customs 6.5 Creedmoor. All have been threaded, some have muzzle brakes and some don't. I want a can I can't swap around so a direct thread is what would be best, right? I have talked to the silencer shop and they recommended the Griffin Armament PHS 300 for the money and accuracy. The TBAC 30-P1 is just a little more than I want to dish out at $1000 plus $200 stamp plus their $129 NFA trust form. My CLEO will not sign off even though it is legal in Alabama and now legal to hunt with. A few others I have read about are the SWR Specwar 7.62, Lane .30 Scorpion Magnum, and the new for 2014 Gemtech 300 WM that I cannot find anywhere or a price. I need help on some input and if there are any other selections out there. Thank you guys for any input.

For weight the silencerco harvester is nice. If weight isn't an issue then there are many great choices. I started with a shark and love it. But aac, silencerco, gemtech, thunder beast are awesome starting places

I have a Specwar 7.62 in jail right now I'm waiting on. If weight isn't an issue then it is one of the best for the money out there. I searched for months before buying and ended up getting it for just under $700 + stamp.

Weight isn't an issue as much $ and noise suppression. I want to get the most sound suppression that I can and of course accuracy as well. All of the rifles I am using are .5 moa or better and I don't want to lose that. As far as point of impact it is not that big of a deal as long as accuracy is maintained.

Sounds like you need a Liberty Victory or Freedom magnum. They are among the quietest and best value, both rated for 300wm

Check out Suppressed Armament Systems - specifically the Arbiter. The direct thread is 14oz and I believe they're around $950. Fantastic cans. I believe Mile High has one in stock.

Price is a measure of value. I have been extremely happy with both the accuracy and the noise reduction with my TB 30P-1:

IMG_1839.JPG

Allen engineering AE30 is what I have on my 300 win mag. It is by far the best sound .30 cal suppressor I have heard.

Has anyone gone the NFA trust form way? As far as I know with the Silencer Shop you can buy the form through them and fill it out pay for the suppressor, the $200 tax stamp, and the $129 for the NFA trust form and that's it, you just have to wait. Are there other companies that sell cans that have forms like this and help make the process easier? That is if I find a better price on the can and another company that sells the one I decide to go with.

Has anyone gone the NFA trust form way? As far as I know with the Silencer Shop you can buy the form through them and fill it out pay for the suppressor, the $200 tax stamp, and the $129 for the NFA trust form and that's it, you just have to wait. Are there other companies that sell cans that have forms like this and help make the process easier? That is if I find a better price on the can and another company that sells the one I decide to go with.

I would say most people go with trusts. They are just easier for most people than trying to get a CLEO signature.

As for where you get your trust from....the one silencershop sells will work just fine. But its nothing special either and not a *real* trust either. And by real i only mean its just a generic, suits everyone, insert your name and you are done kind of thing. Other shops may or may not have a trust they use. Just have to ask around. The guy i got my cans through offered a trust for free since its more or less a "cut and insert name" type trust. (but its very well done too!)

I know you said the Thunderbeast 30-p1 is too much, but honestly for a 30 cal suppressor, 1100 bucks + 200 tax stamp isn't all that bad, especially considering the thing is awesome, and quiet as hell. I'm shooting .308 out of mine and not only is it very quiet, it also takes almost all the recoil off the gun.

If you want something that fast attach, I think Thunderbeast also offers a QD version of it, and I know Advanced Armament has a couple nice choices. Although, they're not going to be any cheaper. Here's one on their site that is a thread mount. It's also 100 bucks more than the thunderbeast.

300-TM™

Also I would like for it to reduce the recoil as well as sound. So having the best of both worlds would be great if possible. Of all the cans which one would do both the best for recoil and sound reduction?

Allen engineering AE30 is what I have on my 300 win mag. It is by far the best sound .30 cal suppressor I have heard.

I've got an Ops Inc 3rd model and say if the Allen Eng. AE30 is about the same it should be an awesome piece of gear.

Also does anyone know where to get a basic NFA Trust form for free or one that can be copied? I know that some people have gotten their NFA forms for free, either from a dealer that had the can or through a friend that had one. A gentle push in the right direction would be very helpful, I have looked online and all of the ones I have found cost something. At the silencer shop they are $130 for their basic form and that is all I need but adding up the cost of the stamp and can itself it starts to climb on up there.

A thought: You shouldn't count the cost of the trust in full as part of the total cost of your first suppressor since you will most certainly use that same trust (trust cost) for many more suppressors in the future... As you already know, you'll always need the $200/per once the trust is in place so this exercise may very well be simply a matter of "per can cost" and how many host rifles/pistols you plan to leverage.

As a TBAC owner, you can rest assured on that .5 or better you are looking for indeed... :)

I used Quicken Willmaker for mine. Have one can already on it and a can and SBR pending.

GAP Hospitalier on Surgeon 591 action.

Got a nice Surgeon Remedy waiting on my TB 338BA to get sprung from ATF jail:

IMG_2925.JPG

Six weeks to go, I figure!!!

Thing looks badass. I'm jealous. I got 3 things in ATF jail currently as well, I know the pain. It's already been a year and a half, and I just got to fill out the forms a few days ago. Looking at at least another 8 months to a year on top of what I've already waited. Sucks.

Running a 30P1 on my 700 in 308. It's quiet with minimal POI shift. Just got my SWR SpecWar 7.62 out of jail but have not had a chance to compare.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks guys for all of your help and input. I plan to use the first can mostly on my GAP Templar Rock 300Wsm, and 20" Rem 700 custom 308 as well as a rem700 blueprinted 6.5 Creed. One main reason is so my 11 year old can hunt and shoot the 308 without any recoil and without the loud concussion of a brake on it. But also for me in the fact I enjoy shooting up to 600 and 700 yard at my farm and not run every deer around the property off to my neighbors and have them shoot what I have spent so much time and money growing them into the 5 year old bucks that they are. I am sure I will purchase another in the near future, so I am glad to have all of input that I have been given. I don't want to come off as a cheap ass just because of the rifles I have we all know what they cost to buy as well as putting top end glass, why stop there, why not go ahead and drop some coin on a high dollar can. But if you can get a good accurate, recoil reducing can cheaper, why not.

That is pretty much what I was looking at, just trying to find the best price on one.

Have you looked at steel cans? For the money, they are a better value, especially since you are looking for sound and recoil reduction and aren't concerned so much about weight. Not knocking TBAC, I love their stuff and have happy customers with them, but they are specialty: exotic material & expensive (though they are the standard for long range shooting and the benchmark by which other Ti cans are measured). Take a look at the Elite Iron Bravo. That is a steel, K baffle thread mount can that is amazing. When I do a demo for either new or experienced shooters, whether they know suppressors or not, the Bravo is always what they hear as quietest. I don't know of anyone who has a quieter can, other than the old QSM giant 30 can (and that cost about $2k iirc). You will save a few hundred bucks as compared to a P-1, and the Bravo is quieter by a large margin. I just shot my 16" bbl 308 with the Bravo on it at steel and could see hits (not saying I hit them all) from 200 to 600 yards without issue due to the recoil reduction.

Take a look at eliteiron.net.

PM me if you have further questions.