• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing I need info hunting/fishing in N.C

spartan67

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 24, 2009
central ny
Hi everyone! Im looking to move out of the shi*hole called NY to possibly N.C. I live at the foot hills of the Adirondacks and love the ability to hunt and fish whenever I like. I hunt/fish all year long for whatever is in season. Rain,snow,hot,cold, Im out there.

I dont mind traveling within 1 hour to hunt/fish. But being able to continue to do what I enjoy the most is very important to me.

How is the Greensboro area ? Any State land to hunt?

Also, How friendly are the gun laws there?

Hope to hear from you all.

Deer season is as liberal as it gets 6 tags plus extra doe tags, good weather 9 mos a year, open carry state 5 days for handgun permit and 30 for concealed, biggest bears anywhere (weight wise) google Mike Conman, oh and more deer than you can shake a stick at. Between me and my son we live off venison year round. Easier to drag ( about 100 lbs.) and t shirt hunting. I still miss the snowy cold quiet hunts but there is a reason my buddies from the Adirondacks come down here to hunt with me every year. Game land is much better than northern state land but there are more hunters on it and it is smaller parcel depending on where you are. Most people here just lease land. Check out the NC Hunt and Fish website and they will point you in the right direction.

Lots of deer, problem is finding a place to hunt them, there are quite a few national forest areas that can be hunted and some other public hunting lands, but they'll be a lot of other people around to, none immediately around Greensboro that I know of. There's also turkeys, coyotes, various furbearers, and there are bears, though bear are mostly west or far east of the triad. I suggest buying some acreage out of town and hunting your own land, otherwise you'll very likely be leasing. Good fishing, Lake Norman, and High Rock host tournaments and are within a couple hours, the Yadkin is the nearest river I believe, but pretty much requires a jet boat to navigate under power. There's also a smattering of smaller lakes and creeks about that can be fished, including the Greensboro reservoirs. Of course towards the coast fishing opps increase, though the mountains have trout if that's more your thing.

Thanks guys!
Buy the way. Just came in from making some woodchucks do backflips!!!
Happiness is 168 gr at 2700!!!

I'm not too sure on hunting areas or available Game Lands but, if you check out NC Hunt & Fish forums, some of the guys on there may could help guide you in the right direction as far as Hunting/Fishing spots. I live in Halifax County NC and we got lots of deer and some good size bucks are taken round here every year. My county and the neighboring one are the top 2 deer kill counties in NC.

Good luck!