• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I never win anything and I won a Glock 20!

AbitNutz

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Feb 19, 2021
SW Ohio
Things may be looking up! I bought a $20 raffle ticket from my friend's daughter. She was selling them, to support her husband's softball team. I got a phone call from the local Moose telling me I'd won a Glock 20. First I thought it was another one of those scam calls but it was actually a live person. I couldn't remember buying any raffle tickets, especially from a Moose lodge. I don't think I'd ever stepped foot in one but it turned out to be legit. I won a Glock 20, 10mm. I went down to the Moose and they handed me a Cabelas gift certificate for $579.99. I called Cabelas and shockingly they have one in stock and I can have that or $579.99 toward anything else.

I don't own any Glocks. I've never really been interested in Glocks but the 10mm is kinda cool. I'm now trying to figure out what I might apply the Gift card toward instead or keep the Glock 20. People are buying Glock 20's on Gunbroker for upwards of $900.00. I don't want to be part of the problem and list it on Gunbroker. I was surprised, but Cabelas has a fair amount of inventory on hand. They even had an H&K Mk 23 but that was at a nosebleed high of $2,300.00.

Big congrats to you.
Get the Glock. Shoot it, decide if you love it or hate it. Maybe it converts you and is your single most bestest friend for years to come, maybe you trade it to your buddy for a s&w 500 at the first range trip. Either way, strike while the iron is hot and product is available, another run on inventory lurks on the horizon.

Congrats on the win!

Id take the G20. It's on my ultimate wish list. I've just not gotten motivated enough to get one... Yet

If your Moose is anything like ours than this is actually more like the true story...

You were like the 27th name pulled but each time they called the person (Who likely was a WW2 Vet or possible Civil War) said GLOCK!! Hell no I don't want that plastic piece of foreign debris. Steel is REAL, followed by an empty dial tone.

Your luck may not have changed but be more of a matter of attrition....

Either way; 5 Hundo in your pocket!!
We take it however it comes,
CONGRATS!!

• Haha
Reactions: Steel+Killer
I went to take a look at the Glock G20 I'd won yesterday and couldn't decide if I wanted it or something else so I left empty-handed. I wanted to think about it. This morning I decided to buy it. I figured it was Karma. I went to Cabelas hoping they would still have it and they did. Has anyone here ever bought a gun from Cabelas? Holy crap, it took forever. It was literally 45 minutes of multiple guys being called to double-check their own double checks. It was crazy how many times they called yet someone else over to re-examine the paperwork. The background check took 20 seconds and then they literally had to walk me out with the gun. I was completely unaware they had such rigid procedures.

Anyway, when the guy rang up my gift card he said I owed him something like $112 and change for tax. I live in a 7% state/county. 7% of 569.99 isn't $112.00. He looked again and the price of the G20 was wrong. It rang up at I think $649.99 or something like that. It turns out the price had gone up since I looked at it yesterday. They hadn't had a chance to change the prices in the display case yet. It wasn't an issue. I didn't even have to say anything but he did have to get yet another manager to override the price to give it to me at the previous amount.

So now I believe it was Karma. I'm supposed to have this pistol. I'll train with it and see if I can use it as my EDC gun. A 15 round 10mm is a bit large but it's Karma, right?

You were like the 27th name pulled but each time they called the person (Who likely was a WW2 Vet or possible Civil War) said GLOCK!! Hell no I don't want that plastic piece of foreign debris. Steel is REAL, followed by an empty dial tone.
Damn this made me laugh that's funny right there I don't care who you are.

Reactions: SicVic
If your Moose is anything like ours than this is actually more like the true story...

Your luck may not have changed but be more of a matter of attrition....

Either way; 5 Hundo in your pocket!!
We take it however it comes,
CONGRATS!!
We drove up to a parking lot that was absolutely packed with would estimate close to 1000 cars and bikes. A guy dressed in Harley gear head to toe with everything tatted, including his beard, staggered over to his sweet M8 Roadking, swings a leg over it, and weaves his way out. I hope he made it home. I'm sure his motorcycle knew the way. My girlfriend was horrified. I love it when she's horrified. I may see if I can join the Moose. She's a member of the ACLU.

• Love
Reactions: SicVic and Jscb1b
I bought a G20 off a gun show table in 1998 for $400.

I don't think I have shot a target with it, just experimental overloads.

I was looking at a 9x28 Dillon barrel for it. That makes it equal to a 357 Mag no matter how you load it. However, the only set of dies available I saw were by Dillon and they were $229.00. Add to that the cost of a Barsto barrel...and WOW! That free gun just cost about $600.00. Hey, but it's cool...

well now you can't say you never won anything congrats .

Congrats, I have a gen 3 20sf. Aftermarket barrel, stainless guide rod and 20lb spring, among some other things to smooth things up. It’s my favorite pistol, shoots standard stuff really soft and doesn’t beat it to death with the hot stuff. It lives on my chest anytime I’m running around the rivers/mountains/tundra up here in AK, which is a lot. I used to use Buffalo bore 220‘s, they penetrate like crazy for what they are. I like Corbon stuff a little better. Now if I could get a gen 4 g29 to shoot like the 20….

I haven't shot it yet. I've been playing around with it trying to get used to the trigger. I've never been fond of triggers with a dingus in the middle of them. My Wheeler trigger gauge says it eventually breaks at about 5-1/2 pounds. There's so much happening during the trigger pull it's hard to describe. I guess I'll get used to it.

I haven't shot it yet. I've been playing around with it trying to get used to the trigger. I've never been fond of triggers with a dingus in the middle of them. My Wheeler trigger gauge says it eventually breaks at about 5-1/2 pounds. There's so much happening during the trigger pull it's hard to describe. I guess I'll get used to it.
The more you use it, the better it gets 😁. There are a few slide upgrades you can do here and there that will smooth it out some but won’t sacrifice reliability

With the right conversion barrel you can shoot 9x25 Dillon, 40 Short& Weak, and 357SIG. It's funny, I've got both models of 10mm Glock and I've only ever shot 10mm in them. Congrats on your G20.

I went to take a look at the Glock G20 I'd won yesterday and couldn't decide if I wanted it or something else so I left empty-handed. I wanted to think about it. This morning I decided to buy it. I figured it was Karma. I went to Cabelas hoping they would still have it and they did. Has anyone here ever bought a gun from Cabelas? Holy crap, it took forever. It was literally 45 minutes of multiple guys being called to double-check their own double checks. It was crazy how many times they called yet someone else over to re-examine the paperwork. The background check took 20 seconds and then they literally had to walk me out with the gun. I was completely unaware they had such rigid procedures.

Anyway, when the guy rang up my gift card he said I owed him something like $112 and change for tax. I live in a 7% state/county. 7% of 569.99 isn't $112.00. He looked again and the price of the G20 was wrong. It rang up at I think $649.99 or something like that. It turns out the price had gone up since I looked at it yesterday. They hadn't had a chance to change the prices in the display case yet. It wasn't an issue. I didn't even have to say anything but he did have to get yet another manager to override the price to give it to me at the previous amount.

So now I believe it was Karma. I'm supposed to have this pistol. I'll train with it and see if I can use it as my EDC gun. A 15 round 10mm is a bit large but it's Karma, right?
Yupp, sounds like Cabela's to me. Not the same since Bass Pro bought them out.

I have one, it is an excellent woods gun, particularly for Alaska. Very common up there. The recoil is not bad.