• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I put together a "bug out/SHTF" kit. Thoughts???

Re: I put together a "bug out/SHTF" kit. Thoughts???

OK , just a thought but rather than putting Toilet Paper in your kit put a packet of diaper wipes in . Cleans up with just one wipe and is far more versatile(Mini spit bath , etc.) as well as packing flat . I buy big containers of them and split them up and package them in a ziploc bag then seal them with my Foodsaver .

If you can't afford to put a handgun or firearm of some sort in each of your BOB's then look for a pellet rifle or pistol . It may not protect you from another person with a firearm but it will kill all sorts of game very quietly for 30-50 bucks and discourage the hell out of someone without a firearm .

Another nice addition that is cheap and doesn't cost a lot are some Rat Traps . They can be used to catch squirrels and other small game as well as be setup as an early warning security device .

My car bag is more of a get home bag so I do have some cash in it. I think by the time it gets to pure survival mode, I'll have had plenty of time to get home from almost anywhere.
Now my bags at home are basically my camping gear and unless my house is engulfed in flames I should be able to get everything out that I would need. Bugging out isn't a survival plan I want to visit. Bug outters are refugees.

Make sure you test all of the items and know how to use them.
Practice collecting tinder and starting fires.

Also... Stick on the pack and try walking five miles in summer heat. If you can't do this, your pack is too heavy.

Lee.