• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

I Quit. Smoking that is.

Wanderlust

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 22, 2011
Oahu, Hawaii
Today is 10 full days free from cigarettes. I'm using the V2 e-cig; it's making for a very easy and smooth transition (thanks ArticLight).

Now my lungs are free of all the tar; CO, and crap for the first time in a decade! Running is awesome and fun again. Food is defiantly the highlight of my day.

And most importantly the morning coffee goes just as good with the e-cig as the real thing.

Re: I Quit. Smoking that is.

Congratulations

HAHAH, are you the same from the NewX? Yeah I've still got it, haven't been very active with the Xterra boards lately.

Good for you man, keep after it. Things will only get better the longer you're off of it.

Those e-cigs are neat, several co-workers used them at my old job and it was hilarious to see them "e-smoking" right at their desks while typing away, checking schematics, etc.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wanderlust</div><div class="ubbcode-body">HAHAH, are you the same from the NewX? Yeah I've still got it, haven't been very active with the Xterra boards lately. </div></div>

I am, your Xterra was always one of my favorites. I haven't been on there much either, but still check it out when I have issues with my frontier.

Congrats again though! I have a few friends that are trying hard to do the same.

i smoked for 27 years bro...

loved smoking, thought it made me look cool...

fucking BUUUUUUUTTTTTT, it was time, hackin in the rack, ole lady saying i smell like shit, 6 bucks a pack...bullshit...

i am 6 weeks into chantax and feel like a million bucks, 5 weeks no smokes,no nicotine...

any of you cats that want to quit but are concerned with your morning joe and beer in the eve, fear no more...

i could be the billie mays for this shit...the dude, not the company, that invented this deserves the equivilant to the nobel peace prize...

good luck to you and any other of yous that want to quit, chantax is helping me...

dont be a x smoker, be a nonsmoker...

Good job. I quit Mar 2 using the e-cig and it was a piece of cake. I got off of the e-cig about a month ago.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: oldgrayone</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Good job. I quit Mar 2 using the e-cig and it was a piece of cake. I got off of the e-cig about a month ago. </div></div>

Good for you, I'm still puffing on it; I've just tapered down the nicotine. I'm going to the field for 2 weeks....I have a feeling I'm going to be draining my e-cig battery and surrounded by smokers.

Nice work. I quit back in 98. Miss it every once and a while, but feel so much better that I'll never go back. Unless I find out that my death is imminent... At that point, fuck it and pass me a Marlboro.

Congrats!! I quit 3 1/2 years ago cold turkey.... Maybe the hardest thing I've ever done. Then I got in a fight with my brother one night, and went right back to it... That was in January. I quit again a week ago, cold turkey again. It gets much easier once you put your mind to it. I woke up one day, and told myself that was it, I wasn't going to smoke any more, and I havent.
Good Job!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: merry_larson</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Quiting smoking is not so easy....Not possible if you are a chain smoker.I have heard about e-cig is helpful in quiting smoking. Is this true? </div></div>

I have a buddy that smoked 2-3 packs a day since he was 15 (now 47). He tried everything to quit, patches, nic-gum, wellbutrin, Chantix etc. and nothing ever even made a dent in his smoking habit. Four or five months ago he ordered the E-cig and hasn't had one cig since. It's amazing to see something work as well as it has when nothing worked previously. If you want to quit, this is worth a try.

Quit smoking ten hours ago....wish me luck. Haha on a serious note this thread is very insperational. Hearing of people who have quit makes me want too as well. I have quit cold turkey in the past and was smoke free for over a year so I know I can do it. Maybe it's time.....

Ive been 2 plus years without a cigarette, cant say the same about cigars, but those are MUCH less frequent than a cig.

I was on welbutrin for a month to help me quit, the thing that pushed me over the edge was the tax increase.

There is not a day goes by that I dont want a cig but Ive been strong enough to not have one.

Well I made it through 2.5 weeks in the field, without smoking. A serious hurdle for me.

I get lots of questions of about the eCig, even non smokers are asking if they can get eCigs without any nicotine.

Way to go! Of all the things I quit, smoking was the toughest...and the most rewarding. I still have a fairly bad Haagen-Dasz addiction.

Hell yeah. I quit too, almost 3 weeks ago.

My buddy brought back some hadji cigarettes from Iraq, and I had about 15 packs of those.

I smoked them, but they were very aromatic, smelled *decent* and tasted better. I finally ran out about 3 weeks ago, tried a marlboro, and almost threw up in my mouth.

Since I'm not deployed, and I hate American cigarettes, I'm pretty much pigeonholed into not smoking. Win!

I'm waiting for the e Copenhagen to come out...
wink.gif

Funny you should post, I fell off the wagon for about a week. Now I'm back on it.

So this is Day #1 again.

Month in and hitting the miles heavy. Thanks for this thread guys!

off 4 months. 2 months patches and lozenges,2 months jonesing. think i'll want one for the rest of my life. the most difficult addiction known-check the science.