• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Suppressors I said I would never own a Glock...

Patrick_S

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 12, 2006
Lunenburg, VT
Never say never

200 rounds later and I like it. My 1911 hates me now.
DSC01193.jpg

Re: I said I would never own a Glock...

NO!!! Resist the temptation of the dark side!! Ya I know that sounded pitiful but I had to say it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Patrick Scott</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I said I would never own a Glock... Never say never

200 rounds later and I like it. My 1911 hates me now.</div></div>

Have you tried an XD(M) pistol?

I have 13 Glocks and an equal number of 1911 pistols, as well as 3 BHPs. I like them all, but I just recently fired an XD(M) and liked it so much I just bought one to add to the stable...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: B. Melick</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Patrick Scott</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I said I would never own a Glock... Never say never

200 rounds later and I like it. My 1911 hates me now.</div></div>

Have you tried an XD(M) pistol?</div></div>

No, but I did get rid of an XD45 to purchase this pistol. While the XD series is nice, I don't feel the series is "there" yet.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Patrick Scott</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Never say never

DSC01193.jpg
</div></div>

We have another convert and another vote for Glock...

I own 2 Glocks and a 1911 wont part with either.

While my favorite pistol is and always will be the 1911, I own some Glocks as well. My 1911s do not get jealous - as they know they canot be replaced when it comes to: accuracy, ascetics (Glock asks, "What is this?"), compact design (thin design vs. block), and natural point of aim. They know I will only carry them.
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...one of...</div></div>

I agree.

I own a Glock (road plastic), but I love my 2011 / 1911.

I like the .40 cal glocks. I have a 23, and one quick change of the barrel and I have a 357 sig. You cant beat that, extra hundred dollars for a barrel and you get 2 calibers with one gun, and can use the same mags.

Still like shooting a good tack driving 1911 better!
For carry if my life depends on it though, I'll take my Glock.

Shoes are shoes and no man can walk as well in yours as you. The same goes for holsters and pistols. I have always been a big Glock Fan, carry a G 36 and G 30 and am getting an itchy spot on my ass for 45 GAP.. Dear God Please someone talk me out of it!.

Welcome to the Team

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fast eddie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Shoes are shoes and no man can walk as well in yours as you. The same goes for holsters and pistols. I have always been a big Glock Fan, carry a G 36 and G 30 and am getting an itchy spot on my ass <span style="font-weight: bold">for 45 GAP.. Dear God Please someone talk me out of it!.</span>
Welcome to the Team </div></div>
DONT DO IT FAST....go with the original caliber..9mm. Either a 19 or 34. I know you most likely wont want that wee lil caliber...but once ya try it you'll be hooked.
And as has already been noted WELCOME to the club
laugh.gif
!!!

Reasons I went with 9mm

Original caliber for the system
Ammo availability in weird and not-so-weird AOs
Practice ammo price
Softer recoil than my 45's. I know I am going all pussyfied.
Capacity
It's what all the cool kids are running

I have a 19 and a 1911...still not a fan of the glock but it gets range time. my 1911 knows its still king..LOL

I will never not own a Glock, or clean one for that matter!

What's not to love about the Glock 17? It's only the most popular and widely used pistol in the police force today. It sets the standard in the ultimate handgun. Way to go Patrick! And hey, you are from Vermont too!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Patrick Scott</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Never say never

200 rounds later and I like it. My 1911 hates me now. </div></div>

Sorry, I'm a bad influence
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: _9H</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Patrick Scott</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Never say never

200 rounds later and I like it. My 1911 hates me now. </div></div>

Sorry, I'm a bad influence
wink.gif

</div></div>

Thanks for the help.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jeffbird</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Vermonter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What's not to love about the Glock 17? </div></div>

glock21kb1sh.jpg

glock_kaboom_photo.jpg

ghkb41.jpg

Glock21FrameCloseUp_640x480.gif
</div></div>

Don't fret, it's a Glock! All you need to do is pull a bore snake through it and go back to work.

and thats why i dont shoot reloads

I've had my box stock Glock 19 for almost 20 years and it has worked without a hiccup sinced day one. I got it used as a LE trade-in and I used it all through my academy days, to patrol (until the change over to .40 cal), off duty, and now it's my CCW. Again, never a failure and I have put thousands and thousands of rounds through it. 200 rounds a month was my personal average. It wasn't until Glock's LE rep updated and changed out the old parts for free a couple of months ago. I still kept the old parts except for the dog-eared plastic sights that shattered during removal.

</div></div>

I totaly understand, I felt the same way at first.

I had my pistolsmith install Briley barrels in a 23 and a 22. No more swelled brass and less chance of a failure due to an unsupported case. Also can use lead bullets if desired.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ty the Sako Guy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No amount of engineering prevents a dumbass from putting in double charged reloads.
</div></div>

No kidding. I also love how people see a picture like that and come up with things like "more likely to happen in a Glock" and "unsupported chamber". I never get why some people bash Glocks for anything other than they don't like the way they shoot or how it feels in their hand. Everyone and their mother seems to have a friend's brother's girlfriend's uncle's boss's ex navy seal who has had a Glock either blowup or malfunction while shooting terrorist ninjas who were trying to use puppies as suicide bombers
sick.gif
, that right, <span style="font-weight: bold">Puppies as suicide bomber's!</span> I don't like Toyota Tundras, but I don't go around shouting that they are crap, I just don't like them.

Sorry for the rant, Just a lot of useless and misleading crap seems to get posted here lately. I miss the old times.

I love my 2011, 1911s, and Glock 19 just fine. And my M&P, too. Some things work great for certain things. Oh and I love 9mm too. The only .45s I'll own are 1911s.

Also agreed that KBs are caused by bad ammo, not firearms design. The Glock chamber is no less supported than its competition.

I grew up in a 1911 family. My father always kept/keeps his trusty .45 under the matress. My brother's first pistol was a 1911. My first pistol was a Paraordnance P-14 figuring nothing could be better than a high capacity 1911. My brother has since switched over to the Glock and he swears by it. I don't know that I will ever own one as I would probably put the cash towards optics or rifle accessories. To each his own.....

I love my g22 but im not emotionally attatched to it. Im a 1911 fan at heart but I like the glock because it is a tool, nothing more. It takes a beating and goes bang.

I read a post about the Glock that got smoked. The post was a warning to not buy some type of Russian Ammo in a white box.It was not the Previ-Partison or how ever you spell it. It was something else. The round had a double charge in it. I dont care who you are, you stuff 20 gallons of shit in a 10 gallon hat, something bad's gonna happen. If I can find the post, I will respond with the ammo brand name.

I love 1911's, but it is simply no contest. For the most part, it is very rare to ever hear of anyone complaining about failures with Glocks. They just work. Every time you pull the trigger, a round is discharged. I dont know how many Glocks I have had in all, but it is a bunch. I cant remember a single failure.

I have had a bunch of 1911's. From Kimbers to Ed Brown and Les Baer. All of them had at least a few failures, especially in the beginning.

Again, I love them. They are elegant, beautiful pieces of hardware, but in my experience, they are less reliable than Glocks.

I love my Glocks.....compete in IDPA matches with them, they are great. Also love HK UPS's, etc.

Not sure why all da' people B hatin'. No matter...does not matter what forum I frequent....it is a flash point for some. Sigs get bashed all day long on Glocktalk.....Glocks get bashed on HKPro.....Sigforum folks b jealous of HK elitists.

For me, I trust my life with the reliability, speed and toughness with the Glock.

they are addicting, i own 4, 27, 23, 22, and a 34 i use for idpa...my 1911 also hates me too!

I've made some pretty colorful negative statements about Glock in the past. Even after owning 3... 17, 19 and 21. But honestly I have to admit their service record is undeniable and they are some of the most reliable handguns you can get. In a situation or profession where a life depends on that they're probably the best choice out there...

That said, I just can't get past the Plastic frame. Call it what you like... it's plastic. I'll stick to my steel frame handguns. Not even aluminum... Steel.

I don't care what people say about Glock, I have no allegiance. I own one Glock 17 and a SIG P220 and I'm looking to get an M&P. I certainly prefer striker fired pistols though and I do not like any kind of external safety. However, I think it's just silly to say "OMFG Glock's explode don't buy them". Get what fits and what you can shoot well. Don't shoot bad ammo and no modern pistol should fail.

The gun that I have the most experience with, an issued M-9, I would not recommend. SA/DA and a redundant slide mounted safety plus a humongous grip. I always shot perfect in qualification, even when my skin froze to the frame and had to slap it into battery like every other round.

Glocks and 1911's are very easy to compare to women. The glock is the girl you sneak around with, she aint pretty maybe even ugly. The 1911 is the hot little mama with all the jewelry and nice clothes, perfect teeth and nails. The glock girl with throw you down and fuck your brains out, blow you like the best hooker in Vegas, wash your dirty underwear, cook the best food, buy you beer and help you drink it and smile doing it. The 1911 girl, she is too pretty to mess up her $150 hair do, she might break a nail or god forbid have to cook.
You have to make the decision!!! Go with the girl who you have fun with, always reliable, never complains and will do anything you ask her to.........or the little bitch who is fun to show off to your friends(Hey look what I got), takes up way too much of your money, needs to be polished and told how pretty she is.
BUY THE GLOCK, THAT BITCH WILL ALWAYS BE WITH YOU THICK AND THIN!!!

I said I would never have a Glock ether but they are just so reliable. I have sold so many pistols because I have lost confidence in them. Not the case with Glock's.

I go out of computer range for a couple of days and my "happy, look at me!" thread goes to shit.
wink.gif

Here is the way I look at it:

(my own)research showed that a Glock is more likely to go bang ever time I pull the trigger, dirty , clean , cold , hot.

Its like Legos to work on and parts are both cheap and abundant.

9mm practice ammo is the cheap and easy to find compared to 45 stuff I have been a slave to for 15 years.

9mm means more capacity, smaller size, lighter package than what I am used to(45).

Lets face it, Glocks are cheap/easy to replace.

I can run anything from a 15 to 33 round mag.

It fits me and I shoot it well.

All the info about Kabooms and shit does not bother me. The more of a certain "thing" out there, the more problems you see. That does not mean there is a design flaw. Everything breaks.

stacyp's post reflects how I feel. I love 1911s. My first handgun, which I still own is a 1918 build 1911. Nothing will ever come close to the feeling I get holding JMB's masterpiece. The Glock, to me is a total utilitarian tool built to fight off the bad things, and I feel safe with my 19 at my side.

I was one of the first people in the US to blow up a Glock22 when they came out years ago.I thought it was double charge,wrong!

I was using lead bullets and thought it was like most other handguns,wrong again.I only had 500 or so rounds through it without cleaning the barrel.

A couple months later one of the gun magazines came out with a article about other folks blowing up their Glock22's.The problem was that a lead ring forms just in front of the chamber causing increasing excessive pressures.I was wondering why my load seemed to be recoiling so hard
wink.gif

So it's best to not shoot lead bullets out of Glocks or clean the lead out often or get a after market barrel.

Other than that I like Glocks.I like STI 2011's way better though.
grin.gif

Steve

i'm a 1911 and sig guy myself and even i own 2 glocks lol. my wife has a 33 and i have a 19