• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I shot myself

rrflyer

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 7, 2008
DFW, TX
Discuss

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zYvAxLX6OzE"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zYvAxLX6OzE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Re: I shot myself

Nothing happened there but that F@#$%^& dumb@$$ drew a loaded pistol (safety on or not) and in the process of doing so, put his damn finger on the trigger, squeezed and shot himself!!

At 0:58, while he is still in the process of drawing the pistol and with it barely out of the holster, he NEGLIGENTLY and rather STUPIDLY pulled the trigger. KEEP YOUR DAMN FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER UNTIL YOU ARE ON TARGET AND THIS SILLY $#!T WON'T HAPPEN!!

Congratulations, sir...HERE'S YOUR SIGN!

2vbn6eg.jpg

Makes a good argument for only having ONE make of operating system handgun. I.e., stick to Glock or 1911...or whatever your favorite is. JMHO

what would have happened with a hollow point
shocked.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lazy21</div><div class="ubbcode-body">what would have happened with a hollow point
shocked.gif
</div></div>

prolly nothing in this senerio .....if bone was hit maybe an ugly exit wound...

Part of the Command and Signal paragraph in op-ords is always your mom's phone number just incase something goes wrong during a combat operation...You should always call your mom prior to med evac

Theres a very distinct reason Cokeman makes fun of Tex Grebner and that faggot nutsarefancy.

Inbred retardation, right there.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Adam B</div><div class="ubbcode-body">was it a 1911?</div></div>

The Kimber Pro Carry 2 is considered to be a version of a 1911, and it fires a 45ACP round. I have one, yet to shoot myself though.

It looks to me like the gun got held up for a second in the holster, when he attempted to release it, is finger was obviously in the trigger guard.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: oldgrayone</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"After the shot my training took over. I called my parents then 911"
Yep! He has it going on.</div></div>
Called parents to make sure dinner would still be hot after he got out of the hospital and make sure mom washes his socks and underwear.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: former naval person</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Makes a good argument for only having ONE make of operating system handgun. I.e., stick to Glock or 1911...or whatever your favorite is. JMHO </div></div>

No it doesnt. It makes a SUPER argument for keeping your booger hook off the bang switch until your on target.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jheat308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is sad but I was almost crying from his reaction. </div></div>

Glad to hear I wasn't the only one cracking up..... the stupid hat just pushed me over the edge watching him limp around.....

My training kicked in. I called my mommy. LOL

Seriously though he admitted it was his fault, thumbs up for that, maybe it is a lesson for others to keep their finger off the trigger when drawing.

Good that he is using his mistake to teach others! I hope people don't give him to hard of a time.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Seriously though he admitted it was his fault, thumbs up for that, maybe it is a lesson for others to keep their finger off the trigger when drawing.

Good that he is using his mistake to teach others! I hope people don't give him to hard of a time.
</div></div>

OK this has been posted on different forums here on the HIDE. It took a lot of GUTS to post this on the internet and on a open forum. Yes he made a mistake and he was man enough to post this. Gun safety and gun handling are important and serious business. I am sure we can all learn from this. Just my 2 cents on this matter.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Silver_Bullet_00</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Seriously though he admitted it was his fault, thumbs up for that,<span style="color: #FF0000"> maybe it is a lesson for others to keep their finger off the trigger when drawing. </span>

Good that he is using his mistake to teach others! I hope people don't give him to hard of a time. </div></div>

I agree it's great he posted it to show others what can happen. I especially like the fact that he used the appropriate term"Negligent Discharge" instead of "Accidental Discharge". However, if he had of learnt and practiced keeping the finger off the trigger he wouldn't have the video to show the kids and grandkids.

My all time favorite is the Cop that shoots himself in the classroom. That's how irony is defined

Unfortunately, the danger of using firearms is like being in or driving a car - sooner of later, somone makes a mistake and there's an accident. Just pray it's not a deadly one...

I've had two instructors admit to having had NDs. I guess it's not a matter of "if", it's a matter of "when."

I had an ND at the end of a match once... I was the last competitor and for some reason there were two safety officers. After I was finished and dropped my mag, one said "show clear" on my left while the other said "hammer down" at almost the same time on my right side. I had a brain fart and pulled the trigger before racking the slide back. One handed "Bang!" when I was expecting "click". Luckily I had the gun pointed down range but it still scared the shit out of me.

I won't put myself in that situation again.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lazy21</div><div class="ubbcode-body">what would have happened with a hollow point
shocked.gif
</div></div>

Not much - this is the one that went through me:

gsw_slug.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ORD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nothing happened there but that F@#$%^& dumb@$$ drew a loaded pistol (safety on or not) and in the process of doing so, put his damn finger on the trigger, squeezed and shot himself!!

At 0:58, while he is still in the process of drawing the pistol and with it barely out of the holster, he NEGLIGENTLY and rather STUPIDLY pulled the trigger. KEEP YOUR DAMN FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER UNTIL YOU ARE ON TARGET AND THIS SILLY $#!T WON'T HAPPEN!!

Congratulations, sir...HERE'S YOUR SIGN!

Agree 100% Keep finger off trigger
2vbn6eg.jpg
</div></div>

Gotta be careful out there guys. I've heard that about those those blackhawk holsters how the finger kind of rides into the trigger guard area. I use safariland holster with a hood at work, so I don't have enough 'muscle memory' with those holsters, but this isnt the 1st time i've heard of it. it is the 1st time I've seen it on a video though lol...

Has nothing to do with a safety, my gun doesn't have a "safety" and I've never shot myself. It has to do with, as everyone else has said, sticking your finger in the trigger guard and pulling the trigger...

The old saying don't play with guns. Looks like he was screwing around and drawing fast.

Training you called your mom first. I will say I did laugh a little then. That had to hurt when the pain kick in.

Sounds like his training should've taken over BEFORE his "finger curled into the trigger gaurd".

I don't recall "call my parents" in any of my training. ...I'll give him 1/2 a point for at least taking some ownership of the problem, but he's still a buffoon.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Peloton</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't recall "call my parents" in any of my training. ...I'll give him 1/2 a point for at least taking some ownership of the problem, but he's still a buffoon. </div></div>

I agree with this entire statement, especially the buffoon part!!

And when exactly did "calling mommy" become part of training? potty training maybe??

You have to figure that for every self-shooter who happens to have a video of the incident, 4 out of 5 of them aren't dumb enough or ballsy enough to post it up online for ridicule. Logically, this has to be considerably more common than most people would expect.

LOL this is one lucky dude! Note to self call 911 FIRST, then worry about my parents.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: qwerty</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LOL this is one lucky dude! Note to self call 911 FIRST, then worry about my parents.</div></div>

Agree with you he can call his parents form the hospital.

How I can I try and listen to him talk when I am still Laughing? I JUST SHOT MYSELF!!!!! I have always been told to do my drills as fast as I could, as long as I was staying on target. When you get off target.... slow it down a little and that is your speed. Drawing your firearm and dry firing your firearms are great drills.... I would slow down a lil there Tex

Just found this I know its old but I had to laugh then I thought this is a good video to show someone(my kids) who are learning how to shoot. Training or common sense finger on the slide jack wagon not in the hole.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SFC Carpentier jr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Seriously though he admitted it was his fault, thumbs up for that, maybe it is a lesson for others to keep their finger off the trigger when drawing.

</div></div>

OK this has been posted on different forums here on the HIDE. It took a lot of GUTS to post this on the internet and on a open forum. Yes he made a mistake and he was man enough to post this. <span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">Gun safety and gun handling are important and serious business. I am sure we can all learn from this.</span></span> Just my 2 cents on this matter. </div></div>

<span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">Agree</span> </span>

Knew I had seen this guy before!
He has an outdoor shop and has videos of himself reviewing Martin Bows on U-Tube. Tex Grebner Outdoors.
Lucky guy doing that to himself, could have been a much different result.

Hope this guy doesn't get mugged, he's more likely to shoot himself than the purp.

If he had had real 'training' instead of watching movies and playing at the range this would probably not have happened.