• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I should have posted earlier. P-14

sandwarrior

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 21, 2007
in yooperland
I was watching this on GB to see if anything got added for info. I had no intention of bidding, but found out at the last minute this particular variant has a unique history. Not a sniper though, as the British only used Winchester’s. This was an early Remington equipped with volley sights:

Looks like a Greek rifle with that funky biscuit repair on the handguard.

Guessing thats a grenade sight scale on the front end.

Neat rifle, probably has 3 wars under its belt.

Looks like a Greek rifle with that funky biscuit repair on the handguard.

Guessing thats a grenade sight scale on the front end.

Neat rifle, probably has 3 wars under its belt.
That disc in front is part of the volley sight system as I understand it.
:

Technically, one war. Not sure if Latvia’s and Estonia’s fight for independence were considered “wars”. We should still execute any Russian who thought their takeover was okay. The phrase, “Kill a commy for mommy,” comes to mind.

That disc in front is part of the volley sight system as I understand it.
:

Technically, one war. Not sure if Latvia’s and Estonia’s fight for independence were considered “wars”. We should still execute any Russian who thought their takeover was okay. The phrase, “Kill a commy for mommy,” comes to mind.

"Battalion en masse!"
"Volley sight 2600 yards"
"Load and lock"
"Fire"

"Battalion en masse!"
"Volley sight 2600 yards"
"Load and lock"
"Fire"
Pretty interesting system. The powers that be felt the machine gun and it’s new high volume, high reliability performance could replace mass fire riflemen.

The P-14 just made it into the window where it got used.

Last edited:
Springfield '03 had volley sights out to 2600 yards.

Volley fire had its place until it was realized the machine gun was ideal for raining plunging prayers upon your enemy.

Reactions: sirhrmechanic
I saw that rifle...very early Remington...most commonly seen with RE in oval centered on receiver ring. First one I have seen with the Remington Manufacturer’s marking right above the s/n.Too bad that one wasn’t in better shape...I have two Eddystone Pattern ‘14s in like new condition.

Same volley sight system found on the Lee Enfield through the SMLE Mk III.

I saw that rifle...very early Remington...most commonly seen with RE in oval centered on receiver ring. First one I have seen with the Remington Manufacturer’s marking right above the s/n.Too bad that one wasn’t in better shape...I have two Eddystone Pattern ‘14s in like new condition.

Same volley sight system found on the Lee Enfield through the SMLE Mk III.
It made me wonder too, as the placement of the s/n was relegated to things like sniper rifles. No apparent history of that though.

Also, all Pattern ‘14 rifles were initally marked on the side of the receiver...Eddystone rifles were marked ERA over the serial number for the entire production run. Winchester rifles were marked W followed by the serial number in a single line for the entirety of mfg. Remington rifles initially were marked in the fashion of the rifle in the auction, and then were subsequently marked RE in an oval, centered on the receiver ring.