• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

I shouldnt give away this secret.....but

Re: I shouldnt give away this secret.....but

GunsandJeeps, I was thinking of that same sort of thing as I was forcing myself through this thread. I kept asking myself why I was still reading. Couldn't come up with an answer, especially after that second Mongo sentence! I think what really got me was "tommarrow" (sic). My own version there, I think it gets down to the bone better!
I just noticed Tripper has not showed up here as the profile police. Makes you go "Hmmmmmm".
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Adam B</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I heard that if you use the sham-wow with the Nu-Finish you can actually obtain a .00001 group </div></div>

I actually heard it was <span style="font-style: italic">-.00001</span>...the super slickness effectively reduces the frontal diameter of the bullet allowing groups smaller than the caliber.

It's on the interweb! True shit!

oh i forgot and spelled stuff right and puntiated an dint runon and i bet the op isnt 30 but 15 and still hasnt lernd to spell puntiate or make sens in writin an junk but one time at band camp this guy put a olive in his sax and killed a squirrl and i tried it but couldnt kill the squirrl coz i dint use the right wax on my sax and so i tryed his wax and killd the squirrl its the wax i tell u

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JeffP40</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> GunsandJeeps, I was thinking of that same sort of thing as I was forcing myself through this thread. I kept asking myself why I was still reading. Couldn't come up with an answer, especially after that second Mongo sentence! I think what really got me was "tommarrow" <span style="color: #CC0000">(sic)</span>. My own version there, I think it gets down to the bone better!
I just noticed Tripper has not showed up here as the profile police. Makes you go "Hmmmmmm".
wink.gif
</div></div>

Slipknot referance?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Noah Mercy</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Adam B</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I heard that if you use the sham-wow with the Nu-Finish you can actually obtain a .00001 group </div></div>

I actually heard it was <span style="font-style: italic">-.00001</span>...the super slickness effectively reduces the frontal diameter of the bullet allowing groups smaller than the caliber.

It's on the interweb! True shit!

oh i forgot and spelled stuff right and puntiated an dint runon and i bet the op isnt 30 but 15 and still hasnt lernd to spell puntiate or make sens in writin an junk but one time at band camp this guy put a olive in his sax and killed a squirrl and i tried it but couldnt kill the squirrl coz i dint use the right wax on my sax and so i tryed his wax and killd the squirrl its the wax i tell u</div></div>

Classic

mildot,thanks for your efforts. I look forward to hearing what your next round of tests reveal. The reason I'm here is to learn. Some of the things I've heard before didn't make much sense to me, but some turned out well and some I didn't see much difference. That's just the way it is. This forum has been a great learning experience for me, and I appreciate all the experienced shooters who are so willing to help others improve.

Wishing everyone the best in the coming year. Tight groups and good velocities to all.

Man... this is a train wreck for me. You just have to stop and stare.... good trolling material.

I have to stop in each day and see what has been posted... hoping to find out the secret "wax".

Standing by

Jerry

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NTRP-CKA</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Adam B</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I heard that if you use the sham-wow with the Nu-Finish you can actually obtain a .00001 group </div></div>

MOA or MIL? If you say MOA I'm going to call bullshit. </div></div>

Not bullshit at all, it turns out car wax and microfiber towels are the key to consistent groupings. Shooters skill and equipment has nothing to do with it. In fact, today I witnessed a first time shooter shoot a 0.00000000001" group at 1300 yards with iron sights. I asked them their trick and they said "Turtle Wax."

Then they made fun of my 'home-made' ammo and that I had spent well over $5k on my setup. Man do I feel stooopid.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shot In The Dark</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NTRP-CKA</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Adam B</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I heard that if you use the sham-wow with the Nu-Finish you can actually obtain a .00001 group </div></div>

MOA or MIL? If you say MOA I'm going to call bullshit. </div></div>

Not bullshit at all, it turns out car wax and microfiber towels are the key to consistent groupings. Shooters skill and equipment has nothing to do with it. In fact, today I witnessed a first time shooter shoot a 0.00000000001" group at 1300 yards with iron sights. I asked them their trick and they said "Turtle Wax."

Then they made fun of my 'home-made' ammo and that I had spent well over $5k on my setup. Man do I feel stooopid. </div></div>

I was told Man Juice was the best, but they did say it was for IPHY shooting only!

MD1 I agree that some sort of lube aids in consistent bullet release, and keeps bullets from welding themselves to the neck of the case, but your secret wax has torqued alot us, just come clean with the product so others can verify or disprove your results, your silence on the subject is what has caused this thread to go wild, I know I helped that along, so now back to serious questions with serious truthful answers

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 427Cobra</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> so now back to serious questions with serious truthful answers </div></div>

We're in the wrong thread for that.

Holy Hell!?!

I was warned that spending time online could detrimentally impact one's capacity to process information eventually lowering the subjects IQ

I just read this entire thread.. Actually 3/4 of this before I had a seizure, fell off my chair and knocked over my drool cup.

Good thing I was wearing my Helmet!

BTW I'm a little disturbed by the lack of Schrodinger's Cat references when discussing the feasibility of geometrically decreasing group sizes due to the introduction of the Sham Wow into the ballistic equation

tag.... standing by for the next "test" and unveiling of the magic lube

I'm going to start harvesting and selling my own duck butter.

in an effort to contribute something valuable I've gone 8 days wearing polyester pants sitting next to a space heater while doing squats and pushups.

The amount of Fromundabutta I have collected is extraordinary. I've begun loading a few rounds but can only stand to sit at the reloading bench for a short time.

The bullets seat effortlessly and promise amazing accuracy but everything stinks like sweaty balls.

Well I added some Mothers Cleaner Wax to my walnut media and it does a great job of keeping the dust down and the cases are wicked shiny!

My typical gnat's ass one shot groups show no improvement however.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rrflyer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">in an effort to contribute something valuable I've gone 8 days wearing polyester pants sitting next to a space heater while doing squats and pushups.

The amount of Fromundabutta I have collected is extraordinary. I've begun loading a few rounds but can only stand to sit at the reloading bench for a short time.

The bullets seat effortlessly and promise amazing accuracy but everything stinks like sweaty balls. </div></div>

.... you just made me spit beer out my nose!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: queequeg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well I added some Mothers Cleaner Wax to my walnut media and it does a great job of keeping the dust down and the cases are wicked shiny!

My typical gnat's ass one shot groups show no improvement however. </div></div>

you need to use nu-finish. i've gained 83 fps due to the coating on the inside of the case. (lets pressure exit faster) just make sure you get a even coat or your loads will key hole. (pressure exits faster on one side) combine this with the sham-wow and you got it.

Ron

I think graphite is microscopicly abrasive, I have used Imperial sizing wax for years.
JMO

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1911Jerry</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sham WOW - Is there anything it can't do......?

JS</div></div>

soak up hooker blood...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: offroadr1</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1911Jerry</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sham WOW - Is there anything it can't do......?

JS</div></div>

soak up hooker blood... </div></div>

bwahahhahahahha!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: offroadr1</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1911Jerry</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sham WOW - Is there anything it can't do......?

JS</div></div>

If it could get stripper glitter off my cheek I'd buy shares in the company.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: boltstop</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: offroadr1</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1911Jerry</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sham WOW - Is there anything it can't do......?

JS</div></div>

If it could get stripper glitter off my cheek I'd buy shares in the company.</div></div>

LOL what you need is some 'Slut Dust Remover'..

(where the hell is this thread going?!!)

I read a article on 6mmbr.com doing the same thing but using this

astroglide

Help'd him get his MV up, and faster warm up.

all this talk about sham wow but what yall really need is a shake weight....that will make a better shooter out of anyone.....

the shake weight will improve muscle tone and allow for a more consistent cheek weld, shoulder mount, palm pressure, trigger squeeze, and last but not least lets you control the release of magic fairy dust.....

(i just got out of surgery and am still kind of loopey on morphine so dont ask me anything you dont want a dead truthful answer to....hehehehehe)

10 Start
20 Print "Epic Fail!"
30 Goto 20
40 End

This is the best-ever thread on SH! I use Mr. Zogg's SW on my dakine boards all da time. Shaka!

Ke Koa O Ke Kai

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Adam B</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I heard that if you use the sham-wow with the Nu-Finish you can actually obtain a .00001 group </div></div>

Thats true only if you cut your powder in the slap chopper! Are you with me camera guy?

Has anyone learned what kind of wax yet?

I use the slap chop to make Varget(sc). I get an extra 79.6 fps out of my 20" tube.

They don't sell it that way because it's to snipery for the general public. Plus it would make all the other powders obsolete.

You'll love my nuts.....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rrflyer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

You'll love my nuts..... </div></div>

Especially if they're waxed
laugh.gif

Still Mildot1 is silent, letting this BS continue, high end car wax, well let's see most have carnuaba wax like Meguiar’s has, so if anybody would like to try this out please do, if not let the fun continue.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rrflyer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I use the slap chop to make Varget(sc). I get an extra 79.6 fps out of my 20" tube.

They don't sell it that way because it's to snipery for the general public. Plus it would make all the other powders obsolete.

You'll love my nuts..... </div></div>

Did you do it in real time? That's the key.

There is nothing butter on the entire internat than starting to read about reloading and lubing case necks with secret NASA space shuttle wax and 47 posts later reading about soaking up hooker blood and removing strippr glitter from your self before returning home to your significant other who used to look and act like the glitter laden plexi-glass heeled trolop your just forked over $45 in singles to and wrote your phone nimber on a $20 because she said you were cool and she would call you later on.

Mis-spellings and run-on sentence dedicated to the MIA reloading master Mildot1, stay strong and well lubed my brother.

wow........snipers are a seriously twisted demanding and impatient breed indeed. i havent looked at this thread for a week and look at the shit storm i have created. i am a new user to this forum for what that is worth. I could tell you i tested velocities again group sizes at 500 at 1000 but that is still pending. FOR THOSE WHO WANT TO KNOW THE WAX..........
THeres good news its not nasa wax it doesnt cost 1000 dollars a bottle. Its a small company in PA. You can buy a gallon << enough to wax about a 100,000 bullets for 50 bucks. THis is a very thin and slippery wax i could go into product ingredients but its not worth it. Write this down Horvath's STS 2000 wax made in duncansville, Pennsylvania. Now you can do your own testing as much as you like. I wouldnt use carnuba or turtle wax down my barrel as it will gum your tubes thumb...just my suggestion. This is a very clean wax and after shooting a hundred rounds and cleaning twice its as clean as any naked bullet and much cleaner than any moly bullet. Sorry about the internet insanity i didnt mean to cause an uproar.. Enojoy

Can we hear the ingredients please? Thanks for the info. Great post, almost pissed myself.

Nothing on Google under "Horvath's STS 2000" except for this post, lol. Is it a new product?

Ill get in touch with my uncle who orders it. i figured it would be on google but if not. ill post the number and address tommaro sometime if i can. So far after 50 shots with naked 162 amaxes and 50 shots waxed with horvaths sts the average group was 34 percent smaller. thats at 500 and 800 yards about the same 1/3 group improvement still holds true out to 800. ill be testing 1000 yards when the snow goes havent had a chance windy and cold as a mutha .... chronograph has also showed es and sd to be propotionaly lower with the waxed bullets opposed to the naked bullets. So lower speed deviation perhaps a smoother release from the case neck. That would be my guess. I also waxed the inside of the case necks. So its wax on wax from the casing and bullet. I know this works. Ive already seen enough to satisfy myself. Now im not saying its goin to turn your gun into a 6 inch group at a 1000 yards. That depends on quality custom componets and.....a quality shooter. Ill do that tommaro for anyone who wants to try it out. unless you dont care if your shooting larger groups but this is snipers hide....so let the guns come out and the bullets sing/

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mildot1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ill get in touch with my uncle who orders it. i figured it would be on google but if not. ill post the number and address tommaro sometime if i can. So far after 50 shots with naked 162 amaxes and 50 shots waxed with horvaths sts the average group was 34 percent smaller. thats at 500 and 800 yards about the same 1/3 group improvement still holds true out to 800. ill be testing 1000 yards when the snow goes havent had a chance windy and cold as a mutha .... chronograph has also showed es and sd to be propotionaly lower with the waxed bullets opposed to the naked bullets. So lower speed deviation perhaps a smoother release from the case neck. That would be my guess. I also waxed the inside of the case necks. So its wax on wax from the casing and bullet. I know this works. Ive already seen enough to satisfy myself. Now im not saying its goin to turn your gun into a 6 inch group at a 1000 yards. That depends on quality custom componets and.....a quality shooter. Ill do that tommaro for anyone who wants to try it out. unless you dont care if your shooting larger groups but this is snipers hide....so let the guns come out and the bullets sing/</div></div>

What neck tension are you running, and/or have you tried to vary neck tension in your testing pre/post lube.

what is your process for application? how much, where applied, amount, removal, etc.