• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

I shouldnt give away this secret.....but

Re: I shouldnt give away this secret.....but

The only STS 200 "wax" I can find is sold by E-ZEE Wax out of New York. It's a polymer containing petroleum distillates and polishing compounds, so not something I would put on my bullets or cases (possible powder contamination over time), or down my barrel (accelerated wear).

Maybe the OP is talking about a different product, but this stuff is offered in gallon sizes and is reasonably priced, so I'm wondering if maybe E-ZEE bought the name or formula. Or maybe there are two incredibly similar products being manufactured very close to one another with the same name.

i run 2 thousand neck tension previous trail and error shows two or three thousand works best. No i am not affilliated with this product i could give a fuck if it ever sells it works so i use it, simple enough. Q tip application to the case neck and removal. If you wax your car you dont ask how much. Its simple son put it on take it off. As far as E zee wax out of new york i dont know im drinkin for the playoff games and my uncle aint in town ill get the info dont worry. the bottle i have is out of duncansville pa.... but as to new ownership i have no idea... but there is no petroleum distillates in the on bottle ingredients good point on that noah. i told you i cleaned it twice after 50 shots each and the thing shoots better each time.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wannashootit</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Never seen one sentence that long...I gave up...mebbe if I was sober now I could've understood it.</div></div> LOL My english is aweful to but thats funny!

I thought bench shooters get this result with neck bushings and neck tension? After load work then you would play with neck tension to further tighten groups? But this might be something to look into? As a wax it should repel water that would be good for hunting rounds? Would like to hear form someone else who tries this???

Neck tension is relative and depends on the girth of the stripper/hooker. While .002" may be sufficient in Thailand, Ethiopia, Orange County, in many areas of the USA it may not be enough.

As far as clean up, the following two methods should just about cover any situation.

For hard surfaces use apply a small amount of Super NASA Wax on the Sham-Wow and wipe in a circular motion. Flip Sham-Wow to a clean area and buff to a high luster.

For carpet and upholstery, pre-treat area with Super NASA Wax for 10 minutes (this will also absorb any excess glitter for easier clean-up). Blot bloody area with Sham-Wow with a small amount of Super NASA Wax until stain dissapears.

If swallowed do not induce vomiting. Call physician or poison control center.

What, no Karate Kid, wax on wax off jokes. You guys are pathetic, lol.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The Mechanic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm thinking NOBODY got the new screen name "mildot1" and he is seriously messing with everyone. </div></div>

Could Mildot1 be Brad Metcalf? Just curious...

ive run neck tension testing witht the waxed bullets and case necks though the difference is small in group size at 800 yards there was once again a large difference between unwaxed and waxed bullet group sizes with varying neck tension from 1 to 5 thousandths. 2 and 3 thou neck tention grouped the best. I am going to let this thread die. take this for what its worth. it works and it doesnt damage the barrel any more than moly coated bullets. Now if you dont like a more accurate rifle pay more for fancy custom bench dies custom lathe turned bullets and nightforce scopes. This has had the biggest effect on accuracy over any equipment upgrade i have done. Scopes jewell trigger although the trigger is a necessity...... micmillan thumb hole stocks blah blah...... the barrel if you can hit the lotto and catch a screamer is the only variable that determines how tight of knots you can shoot at any distance. a strong action such as a bat or surgeon or stiller are all fine choices but like i said. for the money and the results nothing improved group size like this waxing technique. Its free to try and once you do and see that it works then convince yourself that its in your head......my thoughts are punched in paper to each his own... and no im not brad who ever just a quite shooter that thought hed pass on something helpful to the shooters of the world. good day and the jokes are fine but dont be pissy if you get out shot by someone using nasa wax just joke it off and gripe later under your breath
wink.gif

Hey guys I did some searching on this and here is what I found.There is a product distributed by www.detailking.com called STS 3000.It is a polymer paint sealant used in high end detail shops,I believe the OP may have an older version of this product or perhaps incorrectly identified it.Go to the site go to the online store and look under waxs and polishes.It is on the first page and is available in gallon and quart sizes.The quart is $19.99.I'm sorry I gave no clickable link,I'm not sure how to do it.The distributer is in Pittsburg so the area matches what the OP listed.I am gonna do more research on this and perhaps contact the company to request a sample to try.If anyone else tries it let me know.

Update:I looked at this product again and noticed it listed a ingredient called Zonyl,This is a DuPont product that allows coatings and paints to wet out and flow well.This may not be better than natural waxes but does appear to be a legit product.

mildot1 would it be too much to ask for a picture of the actual product you used, not something unreadable either but pics of all the labels for us to read, thanx

I tried, i really did... but you lost me with the "drinking bud light while reloading". Pretty scientific there, and I'll be damned if I just cannot read those "sentences". If you don't have time for punctuation then the legitimacy of this kinda goes out the window don't you think?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WTW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> STS 3000 Here is the pint size runs 10.95 </div></div>

I want mildot1 to take pictures of the actual product he's ranting and raving about, I think he may be on to something, but from the get go he has not been very forth coming, in another thread a world record holder was very forth coming, shared his tools and techniques so others may learn, answered questions even while suffering the loss of his father, while MD1 started this thread last month, took 8 days away from it, then returned for more words but little information, so again take and post pictures of the actual product, good pictures of the labels.

Interesting....I really wanna know what this stuff is. I was talking with Tom Sarver which is who 427cobra is reffering to and after changing some very minor things with my reloading, and being very picky with my neck tensions, my groups shrank like I couldn't believe. I'm curious to see if this mystery wax could help more as well.

I just can't sit here any longer and ignore this thread. Why in the world would mildot1 want anything to do with the people on this forum? I have never seen a person beat up so bad about nothing. I have seem my share of profanity, hostile and antagonistic posts personally and because of that I am thankful for the IGNORE feature that allows me not to have to look at posts from people that are so unhappy with there own lives that they choose to try and bring others down to thier level. Enough said.

Well said kwak i couldnt agree more. All of you just think of this. What if Mildot1 has actually discovered something that DOES do as he claims? what then? I can only think that there would be a lot of quiet people out there from this forum. If it doesn't work so what, it's a few bucks down the drain. Its hardly gonna break the bank is it. This guy has taken the time and effort to test and share his experiments with all of you, and all you lot can do is trash him. Its a shame that there are people here that stoop so low as to take the mick. I for one thank Mildot1 for his effort, keep it up mate.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AMOK!</div><div class="ubbcode-body">10 Start
20 Print "Epic Fail!"
30 Goto 20
40 End

This is the best-ever thread on SH! I use Mr. Zogg's SW on my dakine boards all da time. Shaka!

Ke Koa O Ke Kai </div></div>

That looks like an infinite loop to me. Just sayin'

I, for one, am very interested in more testing. Please post pics of targets, and more chrono data. Thanks for taking the time to share this with us. Who knows, it might make a moa shooter out of me yet
smile.gif

Horvath's in Duncansville, PA isn't but a couple hours from me.
If this wax endeavor indeed proves to be a valid and desirable process, I'd be happy to drive down there and do a bulk buy, repackage it to more manageable bottle sizes, and ship it out.
I'd think that it wouldn't meet HAZMAT restrictions, but I'll look at that later, as this thread progresses.
I'm thinking that one or two other shooters posting results of their own experience would validate or disprove the wax-on theory.
I'll have to look around and see if I can find some Horvaths' around here...gimme a little time to work on it...

Just tried Mink oil, out of the can KIWI, been using it for neck resing and it's silky smooth. So seeing this thread, I just went out and loaded some bullets by just dabbing my fore finger and middle finger on the mink oil then rubbing those and my thumb together to get it even, not thick, just enough were your fingers feel like there's a little stickiness. I then rubbed in onto the shaft of the bullet and it seated smooth as slick, better than dry. I don't think there will be a chemical reation because I have brass that I necked sized with a fine coating of it and it hasn't shown signs of oxidation.
Just might be something to try. A can is $5 and will last me along time resizing necks. just something to try.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 427Cobra</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Still Mildot1 is silent, letting this BS continue, high end car wax, well let's see most have carnuaba wax like Meguiar’s has, so if anybody would like to try this out please do, if not let the fun continue. </div></div>

This whole thread is bullshit. It's 4 pages of speculation with ZERO proof and Zero product. We haven't seen a single shred of empirical data and yet everybody is gobbling this up like some sort of miracle diet pill. Sheep.

Come on guys, until we see proof or somebody sends me a little 'wax' to do an actual empirical test on and post results we've all got to call this for what it appears to be... Bull Shit!

Wasn't this the whole point of moly coating bullets?

Now it's going to be "To wax or not to wax".
smile.gif

I would think it would be the same as Moly...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ArcticLight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
smile.gif

</div></div>

That's an easy one to answer..
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KeeblerArmy</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ArcticLight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
smile.gif

</div></div>

wink.gif
</div></div>

I vote for full Brazilian. Oh wait, wrong thread.

1911fan

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1911fan</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KeeblerArmy</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ArcticLight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
smile.gif

</div></div>

wink.gif
</div></div>

I vote for full Brazilian. Oh wait, wrong thread.

1911fan </div></div>

Not only this thread but some other site.

I have been contacted by no less then 15 or 16 guys asking if i use super slick wax on my custom loads.

With thousands of loads tested a year, for one i have never dried nor think i will try any car wax in my cases. Besides some in my tumble media.

Yes there is Molly lubes that can be used theres sizing wax's.

If this guy has tried and seen these results by all means please email me with some more testing info, Hell i will be happy to supply bullets to test with.

MD1 please post pics of your wax container and test targets. Pics of groups show groups. Video of a 400 yard shot 600 and so on show full proof. If you need a video camera contact me i can loan you one.

In my line of work i'm always open for new ideas to promote better shooting more consistent ammo. I think i speak for lot of us here on that last statement.

Again Please and Thank you

BigSky

I don't think I want to burnish the inside of my bore with some wax residue everytime I pull the trigger. Just sayin.

Froggy's Neck Lube is not wax. It is a colloidal graphite lube suspended in alcohol. The specific name is "Neo-Lube Number 2". It is marketed by Huron Industries out of Chicago, I believe. I bought mine on his recommendation back in 2003.

wow. i started reading this thread at the first post awhile back, went out and had back surgery, came back, recovered/healed (almost), went back to work, and the fantasy is still alive. wish i had known about this "product" before the surgery, maybe the titanium rods they put in my lower back would of gone in a lot faster and more accurately. damn the luck!!

Sergeant69...if it is still here when you finally get well, I'd be surprised. It usually takes 15 to 18 months before your back is as well as it is going to be. (In my experience and from others.)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: former naval person</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sergeant69...if it is still here when you finally get well, I'd be surprised. It usually takes 15 to 18 months before your back is as well as it is going to be. (In my experience and from others.) </div></div>

EXACTLY what my dr says when i go back, fresh xrays in hand, and say (whine) "but it still hurts like hell". 3 1/2 hours on the table, 18 months recovery. anyway, as to the life of this thread VS my recovery period, you're saying i DO have something to look forward to?

Yes. Although a neurosurgeon friend tells me that I'll only get 10 years out of the procedure...I asked him if he'd guarantee I had 10 years left!

you guys considered that maybe he is trying to sell some cheap ass wax as magic, probly turtle wax that he put in another container and charging 100$ for. eventually some idiot will bite!!! and he will be laughing all the way to the bank!!
(or his "uncle" who orders the stuff) LOL