• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Movie Theater I, Sniper

ArcticLight

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 27, 2003
Silverdale, WA
I just bought a Kindle and this is the first book I bought, another Stephen HUnter book.

On chapter 3, kinda good so far...hope he doesn't wear out his style of writing ....

Anyone else read it?

Re: I, Sniper

I have been reading the Bob Lee Swagger series since Jr. High. Stephen Hunter got me interested in sniping. After learning a lot, coming back to his books is fun. He is not perfect as far as facts, but the spirit of his books are right on. He is an actual gun afficianado, and is very critical of his ex-employer's(Washington Post?) anti-gun agenda and bias. Ironically, the best book in the BLS series he wrote was about Samurai, not sniping.

"I, Sniper" rocks, and verdugo's right about "The 47th Samurai"....

Don't quit with the Bob Lee books, there's a bunch of 'em about Earl Swagger, Bob Lee's father, a WW2 vet, and LEO....all great reads too.

Just finished it a couple weeks ago. Good read. I like how he used real people and just changed the names a little. Made it kinda interesting.

I have read the Point of Impact, Black Light and Time to Hunt. As I am currently caught up on most of my authors, I am thinking about picking up another Hunter novel.

I bought "I, Sniper" after I found out the movie "Shooter" was based on the Bob Lee Swagger series. Since then, I've read a few more of the Bob Lee books, & I find them to be mostly entertaining, even if they are somewhat predictable. All in all, they've been good, fast reads about a subject that's seldom given that much research when written about.

On a trip from here in Alabama to Salem, Illinois, I was looking through the books-on-CD stand at a small truckstop, & happened across "Havanna" by Stephen Hunter. I bought it after realizing it was a book from the Earl Swagger(Bob Lee's father) series. I really enjoyed it, & have read the rest of Hunter's books on ole' Earl, & I have to admit, they're a cut above any of the Bob Lee novels from Hunter.

Anyway, any of u Bob Lee Swagger fans should definitely check out "Havanna" & "Hot Springs." I don't believe you'll be the least bit disappointed.

Stephen Hunter fans need to read the Earl Swagger books. I have actually enjoyed those more than the Bob Lee series. Pale Horse coming is a truly horrific story but a great book.

+1 on the 47th Samurai being the best of the Sniper series.

Don't leave out "Dirty White Boys"...the first couple of pages sets the tone for the entire book...gritty, violent and a helluva good read...

+1 for "Dirty White Boy" great read.

I've read several of Hunters books from the Bob Lee Swagger to the Earl Swagger series,...they are all pretty kick ass.

The last one I just finished was "Hot Springs",...hard to put down.

It also helps that I'm from NE Okla and I know many of the places Hunter writes about in Oklahoma and NW Arkansas.

another +1 for 47th Samurai deffinately my favorite.. I've enjoyed the enitre Swagger series so far, maybe with the exception of Night of Thunder that one I'm not to sure about.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sam308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Stephen Hunter fans need to read the Earl Swagger books. I have actually enjoyed those more than the Bob Lee series. Pale Horse coming is a truly horrific story but a great book.

+1 on the 47th Samurai being the best of the Sniper series. </div></div>

I just read 47th samurai but have to disagree.

I still think Point of Impact and Time to Hunt were the best, should have retired him there...

I also think Nick Nolte could have played the FBI agent LOL

It was the first book I read after the left eye cataract surgery.
Read it strait thru.
As some one posted,predictable story lines ,but very entertaining.
Got mine for 1.00 at the goodwill sto.
Hey maybe we could sell them already read books in the fer sale forums.....