I think I'm addicted to my AW...

bm11

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 18, 2010
Maine
For those who haven't been following my thread, I recently acquired a mint condition used AW with a Schmidt & Bender PMII, 4-16.

I can't stop shooting the damn thing! This gun is just so nice, and after adding a little length of pull and remounting the scope to the rear of the two mounting positions on the dovetail, the gun fits me like a glove. I picked it up Friday 7/2/10, took it to the range Saturday, again on Sunday, and snuck in for a little shooting before work today (Monday.) Looks like my next order of ammo is coming in tomorrow, so I'll be able to make it to the range for a longer session on Wednesday.

I just love this gun so much, I wanted to thank everyone again for all the input in my threads asking for advice! I'm very glad I went this direction, now if I could only figure out how to stop shooting it before I go broke!

Lol, the good news is, getting a nice rifle like this is helping me be a better shooter in a hurry. I signed up for the online classes a few weeks back, and have been implementing lessons 1-6 thoroughly, which combined with a lot of practice and a nice firearm, is helping me make huge improvements in a hurry.

Thanks again everyone!

-BM

81sfo

Forward Observer 0341
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Aug 5, 2008
    USA TX
    Re: I think I'm addicted to my AW...

Glad you are shooting your rifle,and your enjoying it. The Aw is a great rifle ,congratulations on your purchase.you should consider reloading for it,you might be able to ring out a bit more accuracy with some tailored loads.good luck and safe shooting.

bm11

Gunny Sergeant
    Minuteman
    Jun 18, 2010
    Maine

81sfo- I have a friend who is going to help me with load development, and teach me how to reload. He's going to load me up a bunch of 168 & 175 SMK's to see what it likes, and in the mean time I am going to purchase what I need to start doing it on my own.

For the time being though, it seems to shoot pretty well with FGMM and Hornady Match.

bm11

Gunny Sergeant
    Minuteman
    Jun 18, 2010
    Maine

Alright, I'll get some up, but it'll have to be later, I'm at work right now... apparently not working too hard!