• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I thought vehicles prices were supposed to drop with the banks getting pissy about loans

FjallJager

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Dec 8, 2010
    Southern Rockies
    Anyone seen any of that where they live?

Our local Ram, Ford and Toyota have inventory but think that their car is worth 10% over retail. Will still not budge.

The guys in Carlsbad and Roswell that were straight have zero inventory.

Auctions are full, our local El Paso lot was really full.

Where are all these trucks going?

Used trucks here in Michigan seem to be trending down. Hard to put numbers to it, but they seem to be selling way slow and prices are on the move. I think part of the stall is these dealers paid a premium for these trucks and don't want to take a loss.

I think a few more months and they will be down considerably

Reactions: gigamortis
    Used trucks here in Michigan seem to be trending down. Hard to put numbers to it, but they seem to be selling way slow and prices are on the move. I think part of the stall is these dealers paid a premium for these trucks and don't want to take a loss.

I think a few more months and they will be down considerably
    Heard the same thing from the interwebs.

We should have ordered a new one and then dumped ours at Carmax about 8 months ago.

Would have killed. I had gutting offers, but it's a Toyota Sequoia and I think it will do another 100,000 (it is at 115,000).

We just need a truck.

Last year I came home late from a hunt with a dead coyote in the back and she lost her shit.

We should have ordered a new one and then dumped ours at Carmax about 8 months ago.

Would have killed. I had gutting offers, but it's a Toyota Sequoia and I think it will do another 100,000 (it is at 115,000).

We just need a truck.

Last year I came home late from a hunt with a dead coyote in the back and she lost her shit.
    A Toyota will easily do 500k if you do your part, even more. I’ve personally had several with those kinds of miles. I get you on the truck thing tho. I sold mine about 9 months ago and regret it. With that said, I’m not even remotely paying these prices. People are freaking crazy paying these prices.

My buddy up here in Pueblo said that people from California are paying 10-20k over the MSRP sticker price.
    So as long as they are willing to do that I don't think the prices will drop much....
    Our local dealership has a bunch of Ford trucks sitting in their lot right now....

I've been shopping for a new to me truck, F350 or F450. I've noticed prices of used trucks dropping 5-10% in the last few weeks. They are still above MSRP on a new one though

We just need a truck.

Yea dude, it’ll do another 300-400k easy if you take care of it

This and a plastic tote/ and or cooler/s are your friend. Why buy a truck in todays market just to do what you can get done with this. If dead animals is your only problem
    645D8A1E-B12B-401F-9BDA-061F22A2B643.jpeg

We have s 9500 pound trailer as well. So we need something bigger. We sold our last one when prices went nuts and made good profits.

I remember 5-6 years ago when guys were selling perfectly running 08-10 6.4l with 100k for $6,000-$10,000 because nobody wanted to deal with them. Now that same truck is $30,000 and its an extra 6 years old

They have been priced crazy lately. I had a 2010 f250 with 25k miles and traded it in a couple years later when I didn't need it for towing anymore. The prices on them lately is the same as what it was worth almost 10 years ago except they have 200k plus miles on them.

I pre-ordered one of the new 2022 Toyota Sienna minivans almost a year ago.
    They still wanted about $4k over MSRP
    Almost a year later they still haven't gotten it in & aren't quick to return my calls.
    For newer orders and in stock stuff they are trying to get $10k over MSRP

Compared to the Volvo Dealer has inventory and was selling at MSRP.

• Wow
    Reactions: SWgeezer
    Are we feeling the fallout of “Cash for Klunkers”.

No, because those vehicles taken off the road were generally pieces of shit 13 fuckin' years ago. The number of 1998 Dodge Caravans and 2003 Pontiac Grand Ams removed from service kinda boned the low end of the used car market through the half-decade that followed, but I'm pretty sure this is not driving late-model pickup truck prices today.

The single biggest reason for the shortage of cars is that the automakers treated their semiconductor suppliers like shit (just like every other supplier), and so there was no incentive to invest in capacity. Add in a dash of short-sightedness on behalf of the chipmakers (Intel alone spent $100 billion on stock buy-backs instead of capacity improvements).

The second biggest reason is the Fed doubling down on loose monetary policy. Had Jerome been allowed to finish the tightening that was started at the end of 2018, we'd be in a better place today. There would be far fewer trucks sold at insane profit margins paid for with lengthy loans, so this wouldn't be terribly popular with automakers or banks.

We just need a truck.

My last sequoia had 403,000km.
    Didnt burn a drop of oil or leak anything.
    Until some drunk dipshit rear ended me and totalled it. Proper maintenance is a key factor though.

Can't believe the prices people are paying for new vehicles, especially pickup trucks. $75K plus for a fucking half-ton truck, seriously? They should be half that. I won't pay a penny over msrp for any vehicle. We're not talking about a Ferrari or Lambo, it's a mass produced vehicle with nothing special about it. I'll be keeping my Tundra and Jeep until the wheels fall off. I can actually work on them too, instead of having to pay for mediocre service at the local dealer at $100/hr.

We just need a truck.

You need a killin rack

Attachments

• 25B5F8CE-E9EA-4E4F-BD80-EADDB2CBB1E7.jpeg
      25B5F8CE-E9EA-4E4F-BD80-EADDB2CBB1E7.jpeg
      891.9 KB · Views: 40
    wait it out you are 6-8 months too early
    That’s about right, dealers have been banking for a few years, they will milk the run up as long as they can. Here I’ve seen some dealers starting to discount some models, the others will follow.

Why pick up a yote?
    Exact reaction I got when I asked to have the skin of a jackal I'd killed taken to the taxidermist and processed into a flat skin for me. My South African friend (I was hunting on his farm at the time) looked at me like I had turned pink and grown wings. They don't even normally bother walking over to one after shooting it. The hides are quite nice decorations.

Can't believe the prices people are paying for new vehicles, especially pickup trucks. $75K plus for a fucking half-ton truck, seriously? They should be half that. I won't pay a penny over msrp for any vehicle. We're not talking about a Ferrari or Lambo, it's a mass produced vehicle with nothing special about it. I'll be keeping my Tundra and Jeep until the wheels fall off. I can actually work on them too, instead of having to pay for mediocre service at the local dealer at $100/hr.
    I won’t even pay MSRP!!! That’s crazy but yes as long as peope keep paying these insane prices, they’ll keep charging that.

I pre-ordered one of the new 2022 Toyota Sienna minivans almost a year ago.
    They still wanted about $4k over MSRP
    Almost a year later they still haven't gotten it in & aren't quick to return my calls.
    For newer orders and in stock stuff they are trying to get $10k over MSRP

Compared to the Volvo Dealer has inventory and was selling at MSRP.
    Know how I know you're gay........🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣😜😜

Doc

• Haha
    Reactions: Bradu
    Know how I know you're gay........🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣😜😜

Doc

Were you one of the neighbors looking at me kind of strange when myself and a good friend who happens to be male, pulled out of my garage in my Volvo and waved at folks as we silently rolled by? :ROFLMAO: Oh and did I mention it's a plug in?
    (But you know just to set the record straight on who is who, I'm the hairy one with the big beard and he's the smooth shaven handsome one :ROFLMAO: )

Or is it the men that show up to my house for dinner from time to time and never any women that made you start to wonder?
    :ROFLMAO:

No, because those vehicles taken off the road were generally pieces of shit 13 fuckin' years ago. The number of 1998 Dodge Caravans and 2003 Pontiac Grand Ams removed from service kinda boned the low end of the used car market through the half-decade that followed, but I'm pretty sure this is not driving late-model pickup truck prices today.

The single biggest reason for the shortage of cars is that the automakers treated their semiconductor suppliers like shit (just like every other supplier), and so there was no incentive to invest in capacity. Add in a dash of short-sightedness on behalf of the chipmakers (Intel alone spent $100 billion on stock buy-backs instead of capacity improvements).

The second biggest reason is the Fed doubling down on loose monetary policy. Had Jerome been allowed to finish the tightening that was started at the end of 2018, we'd be in a better place today. There would be far fewer trucks sold at insane profit margins paid for with lengthy loans, so this wouldn't be terribly popular with automakers or banks.

i disagree with some of this isnt becasue of Cash 4 clunkers. your other items are reasons why the economy isnt good and why new cars sales are having parts shortages.

lol that's funny lower prices that make you happy lol like any bank or car company has ever cared about making you happy lol
    :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

HAHAHA

Ignorance is bliss.

I bought a crew cab short bed Silverado 1500 LT 4x4 in Aug 2017 for $37k; MSRP was higher and there was one of the perpetual GM truck rebates available.

The same truck as a 2022 model has a MSRP of $57k, with no rebate.

As long as people sign up for 84 month loans, actual sale prices won't come down...

I bought a new tacoma in 2011 for $34k and replaced it last year with a similar model with more options for $41k. Not bad for 10 model years newer. I don't think I can say the same for the 2017 Limited Tundra we bought new for $40k'ish

All the more reason to keep a vehicle you can actually work on (mostly).

Invest in the proper tools aka computers and the time to learn. I can fix my new stuff just the same as my old stuff, but when it starts running shitty the new ones tell me where too look.

Of course, there's still the usual maintenance items. Change all the oils (diffs, transfer case, and transmission are always ignored) and wear joints like tie rods, ball joints, u-joints/cv joints when they start feeling loose, not when they explode and take out other parts next to them.

Invest in the proper tools aka computers and the time to learn. I can fix my new stuff just the same as my old stuff, but when it starts running shitty the new ones tell me where too look.

Of course, there's still the usual maintenance items. Change all the oils (diffs, transfer case, and transmission are always ignored) and wear joints like tie rods, ball joints, u-joints/cv joints when they start feeling loose, not when they explode and take out other parts next to them.

Scan tools keep getting cheaper and there is so much information online for people that still want to do the work themselves. It's a small investment up front but will usually pay for itself after the first repair. The amount of over the road truck drivers that carry laptops and different types of scan tools would surprise most people.

lol. good luck. there will be less vehicles, used prices will be higher, and interest rates will make it all worse. people can stomp their feet and say that they want $10,000 off the sticker price, but they'll have a better chance asking a cashier for a discount on the frozen pizza at the supermarket.

Reactions: Bradu
    I have a friend trying to sell a 2010 F250 power stroke and the dealers are all offering him half of what it’s worth. Car dealers are scumbags.
    That's called business. Only an idiot thinks a dealer is a good place to sell a vehicle to. A dealer will NEVER give you the best deal as they have to detail it, check it out mecahnically and then list it for sale with enough room for the buyer to negotiate while still making a profit.

That's called business. Only an idiot thinks a dealer is a good place to sell a vehicle to. A dealer will NEVER give you the best deal as they have to detail it, check it out mecahnically and then list it for sale with enough room for the buyer to negotiate while still making a profit.

If you are getting a new vehicle, then it's worth checking out what your vehicle goes for private party sales (within a reasonable time) and what the dealer would offer you on trade in, IF you are in one of the states where the value of your trade in counts against the purchase price of the new vehicle for sales tax purposes. The tax benefit could be $1k to $2k so you have to run the numbers.

Reactions: hollowoutadime
    If you are getting a new vehicle, then it's worth checking out what your vehicle goes for private party sales (within a reasonable time) and what the dealer would offer you on trade in, IF you are in one of the states where the value of your trade in counts against the purchase price of the new vehicle for sales tax purposes. The tax benefit could be $1k to $2k so you have to run the numbers.
    Agreed but the guy I replied to made it sound like his friend was selling the truck, not trading it in.

Reactions: W54/XM-388