• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I thought vehicles prices were supposed to drop with the banks getting pissy about loans

That's called business. Only an idiot thinks a dealer is a good place to sell a vehicle to. A dealer will NEVER give you the best deal as they have to detail it, check it out mecahnically and then list it for sale with enough room for the buyer to negotiate while still making a profit.
He’s not taking it to dealers. They are contacting him via his ads. He’s selling it private party. They contact him and offer him half of its book. Dealers aren’t doing any of the things you listed. They might clean it up but they look at it and it goes on the lot or to auction. Car dealers are lowest of the low scumbags.

He’s not taking it to dealers. They are contacting him via his ads. He’s selling it private party. They contact him and offer him half of its book. Dealers aren’t doing any of the things you listed. They might clean it up but they look at it and it goes on the lot or to auction. Car dealers are lowest of the low scumbags.
Not disagreeing, however do you run a business?

If so how much of a markup do you put on what you buy from your suppliers when it gets stocked on your shelves? All businesses have overhead that has to be covered before a penny of profit is made.

You think the dealer should give him what the truck will bring at retail and then turn around and sell it on their lot for that same retail price?

It's no different than a gun store. That will give you 1/2 what you paid for the gun, so they can turn around and sell it for 3/4 of a new one to make a profit.

Anyone seen any of that where they live?

Our local Ram, Ford and Toyota have inventory but think that their car is worth 10% over retail. Will still not budge.

The guys in Carlsbad and Roswell that were straight have zero inventory.

Auctions are full, our local El Paso lot was really full.

Where are all these trucks going?

Now is the time to sell, next year I bet the market will become a bit more normal.

Not disagreeing, however do you run a business?

If so how much of a markup do you put on what you buy from your suppliers when it gets stocked on your shelves? All businesses have overhead that has to be covered before a penny of profit is made.

You think the dealer should give him what the truck will bring at retail and then turn around and sell it on their lot for that same retail price?

It's no different than a gun store. That will give you 1/2 what you paid for the gun, so they can turn around and sell it for 3/4 of a new one to make a profit.
Yeah I do actually. I mark up new goods 10-20% from wholesale. I buy used goods for 10-20% less than wholesale to mark them up to new wholesale.

Still got a few to sell, so hope not lol

Also if you’re a car person, the only think you should buy new is your food.

I can understand getting butt raped if you current ride was stolen or totaled.

Paying current prices for vehicles is insane. I'm very fortunate to still be driving and have the skill to repair our old ones.