• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s I was looking at some pictures tonight........

wjwill

Off road Junkie
Minuteman
Supporter+
Nov 28, 2007
East KY and Georgia
Thank you to everyone who wears a uniform. From LEO, EMT,and the Military.

Thank you...

This picture actually brought tear to my eye. Sorry if it makes me sound like a pussy.

1253938726465.jpg

Re: I was looking at some pictures tonight........

securedownload.jpg

The night before the burial of her husband's body, Katherine Cathey refused to leave the casket, asking to sleep next to his body for the last time. The Marines made a bed for her, tucking in the sheets below the flag. Before she fell asleep, she opened her laptop computer and played songs that reminded her of 'Cat,' and one of the Marines asked if she wanted them to continue standing watch as she slept. "I think it would be kind of nice if you kept doing it," she said. "I think that's what he would have wanted."

Everyone sheds tears, I have seen it, done it.

In a 1998 trip to Europe, I took our family to visit the U.S. cemetery at Normandy. That site inspires some serious thoughts about the price of freedom - which was the point I wished to make to the children.

NO_116.jpg

no1w.jpg

I think if it doesnt bring a tear to your eye then something is wrong with you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 308longshot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think if it doesnt bring a tear to your eye then something is wrong with you. </div></div>

Amen Brother...

One of the reason's a lot of the time when I thank folks for their service I include a "and your family for their sacrifices".

The ones that make the ultimate sacrifice (soldier and support) always deserve our utmost respect!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 308longshot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think if it doesnt bring a tear to your eye then something is wrong with you. </div></div>

"Taking Chance" go rent or buy it... I think everyone should watch it. I dare you not to weep

As a younger guy that's seen alot of shit on the "net", it takes something extreme(on the net) to bring about an emotional response from me. This thread has done it.

Thanks to all that have served so that I may sleep safe at night and enjoy the rights that have been given to me.

"enjoy the rights that have been given to me"

Actually, you were born with those rights. There are those who would take them away. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

The scenes with the taxis in "We Were Soldiers Once" is a rough one too. Having made many death notifications, it is never pleasant. My fellow troopers know not to show up at the door with their stetson unless they are giving my wife the bad news.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lindy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">In a 1998 trip to Europe, I took our family to visit the U.S. cemetery at Normandy. That site inspires some serious thoughts about the price of freedom - which was the point I wished to make to the children.

NO_116.jpg

no1w.jpg

</div></div>

Lindy- when I went to Holland for the 60th anniversary of Operation Market Garden, it was a somber experience to see the thousands of grave markers laid out before me. Had already been to war by then and lost a few friends myself but this was on a whole other scale. It actually made me consider getting out when my contract was up. In the end though I realized that I really like this work and if I didn't do it then someone else would have to.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">... if I didn't do it then someone else would have to.</div></div>

I am thankful for men and women like you - and all of those who have served. My father, now 93, retired as an Air Force officer, having served from 1939 to 1969. Not many of his generation are left.

Thats Jimmy Regan's tombstone, I went to hooah school with him. Good dude.

I have removed the poster in respect for the families wishes.

Lindy- your Father's generation was truly a great one. Both my best guy friend and best girl friend have Grandfathers that served in World War II, Korea, and Vietnam. I count myself fortunate to have had the opportunity to meet both of these men.

Without question the saddest time during my last deployment was when I was notified of one of their deaths and could not be there for the funeral. I still need to go pay my respects when I get back home.

Thanks for posting. My Grandfather was a vet of WWII, and was a POW in Bad Orb for some time after his unit was overrun at the bulge. These things hold special significance for me... everything he taught me would never have been without those who fought and died (and still do) to save us all.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: alan98</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Katherine Cathey

I found this page after looking. May god bless the Cathey family and all others serving our country. </div></div>

Amen

wow, the one of the Wife sleeping next to her husband one last time really got me. I make a point to thank our armed services and their families, for that exact reason.