• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I went looking for scam gun websites on purpose - I found 635 of them

mike4eva

Private
Minuteman
Dec 22, 2021
USA
I had heard some people saying that there were lots of scam websites with firearm brand names in the urls scamming people. I looked at some of the examples that were mentioned on other forums and started to see some patterns.

I decided to use my e-Commerce, Domain and Internet skills to see if I could find more, identify them, help others avoid getting taken and maybe getting these jokers pushed off the internet and maybe convince them to get a real job.

I was expecting to find about 50 to 100 of them.

Long Story Short: I found 635 scam sites that I am 99% certain are scams and online now or recently!

Here is the first page of the list not linked and not in plaintext.

51975012604_43c5d8f159_k.jpg

I suggest not giving them free links and even placing their url in plain text might alert them to this post.

Here are some patterns I see in them you should avoid any website or person that:

Payment Patterns They don't want:
Credit Card - Not always true. I think some sites take it then email you saying it failed for an alternate. There are also now offshore credit card processors that resist chargebacks!
In Person Local Pickup (Using COVID as excuse of course)
Mailing a Check/Money Order to the Location they say they are

They want to be Paid Only by:
Zelle - this is supposed to be for friends and has NO Refunds. Not supposed to pay for firearms or parts
Apple Pay - Not sure about refunds here. Not supposed to Pay for Firearms or Parts
Paypal Friends and Family - No Refunds and can get your account banned buying firearms or Parts
Crypto of any Form - No Refund
Venmo - No Refund and Not supposed to be used for firearms or ammo
Prepaid Debit Cards - No Refund
Bank Transfer to a strange name or country - Hard to get Refund
Gift Cards of Any Kind - No Refund

The site Has:
New Domain Registration Check whois start date Free Whois Check Any Website
Anonymous domain registration
Spelling or Grammar Mistakes
Not Complete or shows "Lorem Ipsum" copy.
Hosted in a country that is not where they are located supposedly.
Strange Domain Name Server
Probably Wordpress with Nice Theme
Does not link their real social media accounts.
Does not have many (or any) blog posts
The blog posts and pics are a little too good. Stolen from real sites
Does not have much in the footer
Not that companies main website that is probably decades old at this point.
They are not a authorized dealer listed on the main manufacturer site.
The address might be a real business, it might be fake or it might be just missing.
The phone number may be missing, in another state or even in the correct state.
Bad Reviews on BBB, Reseller Ratings, Google Reviews, or gun forums.

The Prices:
Are a little too good to be true Create Urgency
But might now be realistic - Updated 4/1/2022
Are lower than current market pricing.
You get discounts if you use Crypto. How can they do that?

Their Inventory:
Everything seems to be in stock
You can put 1, 100 or even 1000 of the same thing in your cart
Even rare models that you never see at shops and are only in high-end collections.

Their Shipping:
Often they do not ask about shipping to a FFL
They seem to ship ANYTHING to Cali, Mass, Chicago, and New York
Might offer free or really cheap shipping for rifles and heavy items.
Seems to not have anything to do with size or weight but is a standard cost like $20.

You might think other people are like you and honest. They are not. If you see even some of the above is true DO NOT buy from them. DO NOT let them give you an excuse for anything. They have answers for everything. They are all lies. If you want to mess with them, offer them lower offers, ask for their email contacts for Google Pay, Paypal etc and report them. Mess with them on chat etc. Report them as a scam to their webhosting company. Have fun. A lot of them have chat on their sites and they will answer all hours of the day or night. What real company answers chat at 3am US time?

Here are some important links that I used to create this list:

BBB

Reseller Ratings

FBI Cyber Crime

Report Fraud to FTC if in USA

Most forums have advertisers that are trusted or even participate in the forum. Frequent them.

You can also go to your local gun store/range and hold or even try things before you buy. Pay Cash or Credit Card if you want. Things are coming back in stock, do not be desperate and get scammed.

While researching this story I found fake scams sites listing pistols, revolvers, rifles, shotguns, ammunition, primers, antiques, airsoft stuff and accessories. With real FFL and manufacturer names in the url. There really is no limit and they know how to research models and that there is limited supply in USA over past 2 years. They can use Wordpress.org code and standardized themes and plugins to have a working site done in a short amount of time. They are using standardized tools to make sites quickly and can just copy a database and move it to a new domain, host or folder on a server as needed. If one site gets bad reviews they move on.

Some of these sites are the names of real companies or FFL holders who are being impersonated. If you know of any sites impersonating real people or using their FFL # on websites please let me know and I will put them at the top of my list to get them taken down.

I have removed about 15 sites doing so while researching this story in the past 2 months. They are in the list still as are some other sites that have been taken down by others.

If scammed most Gratifying is Taking Their Site Down
If you have been scammed or just want something taken down the best way to do that is to report them to their abuse department of the webhost. Usually [email protected]

Just because they are not listed here does not mean they are safe. Also I did not list real companies that just ship slow or don't have real-time inventory on their site.

Caveat Emptor!

Here are the last 4 pages of scammers alphabetized:
51975289875_4e87a5d9b6_k.jpg
51975012579_2c0f89dc3a_k.jpg
51973722917_1126b717a1_k.jpg
51974806388_2293694639_k.jpg

Very nice job. Thank you for putting in the effort. There’s a site (that I have no experience) with called “Wing Tactical”. They claim to have Faxon G19 barrels that are out of stock everywhere else and they are $10 cheaper than average. I don’t see them on your list. Do you or anyone else reading this know if they’re legit or not? I’d appreciate any info one way or the other. Thanks.

Reactions: DIBBS
Very nice job. Thank you for putting in the effort. There’s a site (that I have no experience) with called “Wing Tactical”. They claim to have Faxon G19 barrels that are out of stock everywhere else and they are $10 cheaper than average. I don’t see them on your list. Do you or anyone else reading this know if they’re legit or not? I’d appreciate any info one way or the other. Thanks.
Google it. It’s not rocket science

Also $10 cheaper isn’t exactly scam pricing

I had heard some people saying that there were lots of scam websites with firearm brand names in the urls scamming people. I looked at some of the examples that were mentioned on other forums and started to see some patterns.

I decided to use my e-Commerce, Domain and Internet skills to see if I could find more, identify them, help others avoid getting taken and maybe getting these jokers pushed off the internet and maybe convince them to get a real job.

Long Story Short: I found 635 scam sites that I am 99% certain are scams and online now or recently!

I suggest not giving them free links and even placing their url in plain text might alert them to this post.

Here are some patterns I see in them you should avoid any website or person that:

Credit Card - Not always true. I think some sites take it then email you saying it failed for an alternate. There are also now offshore credit card processors that resist chargebacks!

Zelle - this is supposed to be for friends and has NO Refunds. Not supposed to pay for firearms or parts
Apple Pay - Not sure about refunds here. Not supposed to Pay for Firearms or Parts
Paypal Friends and Family - No Refunds and can get your account banned buying firearms or Parts

The site Has:
The address might be a real business, it might be fake or it might be just missing.

The Prices:

Their Inventory:
Even rare models that you never see at shops and are only in high-end collections.

Their Shipping:
Seems to not have anything to do with size or weight but is a standard cost like $20.

You might think other people are like you and honest. They are not. If you see even some of the above is true DO NOT buy from them. DO NOT let them give you an excuse for anything. They have answers for everything. They are all lies. If you want to mess with them, offer them lower offers, ask for their email contacts for Google Pay, Paypal etc and report them. Mess with them on chat etc. Report them as a scam to their webhosting company. Have fun. A lot of them have chat on their sites and they will answer all hours of the day or night. What real company answers chat at 3am US time?

BBB

Reseller Ratings

FBI Cyber Crime

Most forums have advertisers that are trusted or even participate in the forum. Frequent them.

You can also go to your local gun store/range and hold or even try things before you buy. Pay Cash or Credit Card if you want. Things are coming back in stock, do not be desperate and get scammed.

While researching this story I found fake scams sites listing pistols, revolvers, rifles, shotguns, ammunition, primers, antiques, airsoft stuff and accessories. With real FFL and manufacturer names in the url. There really is no limit and they know how to research models and that there is limited supply in USA over past 2 years. They can use Wordpress.org code and standardized themes and plugins to have a working site done in a short amount of time. They are using standardized tools to make sites quickly and can just copy a database and move it to a new domain, host or folder on a server as needed. If one site gets bad reviews they move on.

Some of these sites are the names of real companies or FFL holders who are being impersonated. If you know of any sites impersonating real people or using their FFL # on websites please let me know and I will put them at the top of my list to get them taken down.

I have removed about 15 sites doing so while researching this story in the past 2 months. They are in the list still as are some other sites that have been taken down by others.

If you have been scammed or just want something taken down the best way to do that is to report them to their abuse department of the webhost. Usually [email protected]

Just because they are not listed here does not mean they are safe. Also I did not list real companies that just ship slow or don't have real-time inventory on their site.

Caveat Emptor!

Thanks for making this thread!! Another is bulkammoonline.com They request payment via PayPal friends, Venmo, and Apple Pay and attempt to add additional charge of $300.00 for shipping insurance (which they claim is needed due to COVID problems and is supposedly refunded after delivery). Their site has a bunch of fake testimonials and their posted address, 7620 NW 25th St, Miami, FL 33122, is an empty industrial warehouse...
f_A11169658.jpg

google man, stop wanting to be spoon fed, the dude has a life lol

seriously however, wingtactical is legit, have used them many times.

Reactions: lash and Jgunner
man you really went beyond the top that had to have taken you hours if not days or weeks of gathering all those names of fake stores .

Wing Tactical is legit. Ordered small AR parts from them multiple times.

Reactions: lash and Jgunner
Thanks for the kind comments everyone.

I talked to some of the people who are getting their FFL license number used. They reported to the ATF but they are not actually breaking ATF rules as they are not sending firearms without a background check. And most likely not even in USA.

Ya and I have not seen the FTC or FBI do actually anything in these matters.

That is the main reason I got involved as it seemed no one was doing anything.

And the firearms community tends to be trusting and thinks everyone is like them.

WingTactical seems legit to me as well and several people above have said they deliver.

Bulk Ammo Online is definitely a scam and has been added to the list. It helps me. I can look at a site in about 30 seconds and see if it is a scam now. Real sites take a lot longer. That site has: Bad Payment methods, social links dont link anything. everything in stock, 5 month old domain.

More sites might have me find a new fingerprint of a scammer.

Ive bought and received stuff from wing tactical as well. That doesn’t mean there isnt a copy website.

The site Has:

The Prices:

Their Inventory:

Their Shipping:

BBB

Reseller Ratings

FBI Cyber Crime

Caveat Emptor!

THIS SHOULD BE A STICKY

@MarinePMI

I for one enjoy going to the ones with live chat and having fantastic conversations that they may or may not realize are fantastic.

I need to get better at baiting the telemarketers. I mention dildos way to quickly.

Reactions: lash
I need to get better at baiting the telemarketers. I mention dildos way to quickly.

I keep asking if they have that gun/barrel in different calibers. And then I start listing the caliber.

.398 Dickbutt
.229 Cockfag
.512 ChildMolester

So far my record has been 42 'yes we have it in that caliber' in a row.

Apparently everything is in stock!

Wing Tactical is a legit place. I have bought a bunch of ar stuff from them over the years. They have the WMD NIB-X fire control groups I like.

The site Has:

The Prices:

Their Inventory:

Their Shipping:

BBB

Reseller Ratings

FBI Cyber Crime

Caveat Emptor!

I found the same stuff it’s actually scary and they all use the same line the non-insured payment plans sending payments to supposed secretaries or brothers because your accounts messed up it’s off the chain. I’m at an age where I lived in both worlds the Nantac and the tech had a Time Machine God I go back to the late 70s I don’t know how old you are but do you remember a time before cell phones computers and all this bullshit, now we’re to slaves machine and once they find a way to get rid of paper currency it’s over every piece of technology that’s ever benefited man has three downsides but you don’t see and with the level of corruption in our federal government faster years it it it it it’s bad. Sadly I lost respect for the FBI totally I know there’s good people there but my Pinyan and all the stuff that’s going on the entire upper echelon should be eliminated instantly when did I ever think I wake up in a world where the DOJ wants to investigate parents because I don’t want her kids being taught that I have a choice to be transsexual and all this other crazy stuff

Reactions: scpaul
Well. I don't have any personal experience with them... But I just thought they were to one of the more well known scammers...

I've heard ppl talking about them before.

If you go on that website, everything's in stock at great prices...it's amazing that they've lasted this long.

Yes and if you thought opticsplanet was rough waiting for stuff to ship, sites like that are even worse :( Complete and total scams. BTW just to be clear opticsplanet has awesome stuff, good prices, just ships a little slow sometimes.

Thanks @mike4eva. Good work and thanks for sharing. At the very least, this helps to reinforce to people the care they need to take when looking for guns/parts/ammo.

@Maxwell #424 is the bottom of the middle column on the last page. Then you have to go all the way to the first page to see #425 to #465 at the top third column. (5 pages are not right next to each other)

Reactions: Maxwell
@mike4eva, and here I am on a web site that values observation, accuracy, clarity of thought, and many other good traits. Maybe a good idea not to put 73 year old in charge of many things.

Maxwell

i wish i had known about this site before. All the payment methods cash app, zelle ETC. are the only payment method this site takes. i was scammed by them this week now i know what to look for thanks to you. Here is another site for your list. https://classicammunitionstore.com

i wish i had known about this site before. All the payment methods cash app, zelle ETC. are the only payment method this site takes. i was scammed by them this week now i know what to look for thanks to you. Here is another site for your list. https://classicammunitionstore.com
If you couldn't tell that was a scam site just by the wording they use.....umm, got some news for you.
If any site lists more than 1 over priced 45long colt as being in stock....it's a scam.

Dispute the charge with your bank..you dont have to be dishonest about it... Tell them what happened...and dispute it.

Didn't make it past the first paragraph on the home page. These places apparently don't even have to try anymore.

@Clebert Sorry to hear about that. There are over 1000 of these fake firearm sites online since COVID started. I will probably publish a new version of my list in the next few weeks. Just doing quality control...

I added this site. I have not found it yet. It is less than 6 months old but has 2700 links. That is how they rank on search engines.

I personally would not trust any site no matter what the payment method or if there are no spelling mistakes if you have not bought from them before. There are scam sites that say they take credit cards too.

Caveat Emptor!

PS You can dispute it with your bank but they probably will not fix this. All those payment methods are Friends type payments and should never be used for ANY ecommerce site. You might try to get their account banned. They might ban yours too. Good Luck.

Reactions: Rapidaffliction
Anyone have anything on these guys ...
Price is killer which has me wondering, and they say they have like 2700 in stock, which also has me wondering.
Cannot find anything about them, no reviews, nada....nothing on BBB I can find either.

@n2ishun Ya that price is really good. Norma direct is at $46.99 right now.

Their reviews on Ammoseek seem good:

And if you look for .308 norma right now on ammoseek they are the cheapest by far. Their shipping charges are a little rough at least to me on East Coast.

They take credit cards.

Their domain is 11 years old.

I would not put that on my list of scam websites by my current criteria.

Looking at their other caliber ammo it seems that mostly they have Norma in stock. Dropshipping?

Anyone actually order from them?

Edit: PSA has 20 round softpoint boxes for $16.99 if you don't feel comfortable with that.

Last edited:
I found this ... haven't looked at all the 1600 plus sites but have seen some questionable ones on the search engines for components.

If a deal seems too good, or hard to find items are in stock.. run away.

Gun/Component Scam sites

@DIBBS I have been in contact with the person that runs that site. I can confirm their methodology is sound and very similar to what I did. I have not posted my updated list but I would suspect it is around that number. There are literally thousands of these scam sites on firearms and ammo alone.

"If there is any doubt. There is no doubt."

@DIBBS I have been in contact with the person that runs that site. I can confirm their methodology is sound and very similar to what I did. I have not posted my updated list but I would suspect it is around that number. There are literally thousands of these scam sites on firearms and ammo alone.

"If there is any doubt. There is no doubt."
I LIKE THAT SAYING.

That's a proverb if I've ever heard one. . . . .

Reactions: 101st
There are places I have never heard of that pop up with stuff in stock but average prices. I do a search on the name, but oddly enough I've been surprised some are legit companies. Mostly looking for reloading components and hard to find things do pop up. Bought 22 cm srp brass and it showed up.

wonder if that number of scam sites has doubled yet ? or how soon till there are more scam sites than real ones .

@gunsnjeeps Hello there. If you mean those names with .com added to the end I have never shopped there myself. But RMR has good online reviews if you search their name and "review" and their domain is over 10 years old. And they take CC. That does not meet my criteria for calling it a scam.

Blueridgebrass is not as old starting in 2016. I am having problems finding many reviews online. But they take CC and their prices seem reasonable. And they say they take checks or money orders which scammers avoid as they are not at the location they say they are.

I think both should be safe but you could also get a virtual credit card number from your CC if they offer that.

They looked ok to me. I am going to try small orders with each. There was one I ran across at the same time that failed the H 4895 test but I can't find it now.

VISA gift cards are good cutouts also.