• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I win the clumsy award for tonight

GrantA

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 7, 2010
Thomasville, GA USA
Surely one of you will take the lead soon though...
I figured I'd try out my brand new neck lube setup, the little Forster job with brushes and mica powder, while sizing some brass.
I found out real quickly that I should use the mounting holes on it though. It started fine, I was holding it down with one hand to keep it steady. Then I reached across it to grab a piece of brass and knocked the while damned thing off the bench. The floor, my step stool, my foot and whatever else was in the area was covered in mica.
Oh well, maybe next time.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Takes a big man to admit a thing like that (hahahaha).

Last night I dropped a 5lbs (half full) jug of RL-25...without the lid on....... :-/

And I've been knocked out of the lead lol, did it go everywhere like a bucket of paint?

I'm part of the club too after dropping a full 1lb. container of Retumbo on my concrete basement floor two nights ago. :mad: Probably 1/4 of it spilled out onto the floor and after sweeping it up and picking through it kernel-by-kernel to get rid of the debris and a wee bit of 8208XBR, I probably only lost for-good 2 or 3 ounces...

Last night I dropped a 5lbs (half full) jug of RL-25...without the lid on....... :-/

Damn... Hopefully you were able to recover most of it. I ran my powder throw on an already full case and when i pulled it away 70 gr of H1000 dumped onto the floor.

I can add an extra level to this....I also spilled about 500gns last week. But, being the lazy type, I sweeped it onto the driveway and then threw a match to the pile. Not exactly smart, but certainly was entertaining!

Last edited:
Surely one of you will take the lead soon though...
I figured I'd try out my brand new neck lube setup, the little Forster job with brushes and mica powder, while sizing some brass.
I found out real quickly that I should use the mounting holes on it though. It started fine, I was holding it down with one hand to keep it steady. Then I reached across it to grab a piece of brass and knocked the while damned thing off the bench. The floor, my step stool, my foot and whatever else was in the area was covered in mica.
Oh well, maybe next time.

I've done the exact thing before.

Has anyone left the drain open on their Chargemaster? Once will cause you to look at your SOP. How about spilling most of a 25# bag of shot? That made me the most talked about guy in the house! We can laugh now, was not funny then.

Has anyone left the drain open on their Chargemaster? Once will cause you to look at your SOP. How about spilling most of a 25# bag of shot? That made me the most talked about guy in the house! We can laugh now, was not funny then.

hahahaha, one once of shot will cover the entire basement , a 25#bag has got to be good for at least 3 counties!

Has anyone left the drain open on their Chargemaster?

Everyone will eventually do this once. :)

I somehow had a 50bmg primer go BANG when seating it, with the wife and daughter in the next room. That got all of our attention.

Dumping a few lbs of powder on the floor would be a nightmare...especially since it can be hard to come by.

I've spilled a tumbler full of media onto my basement floor...not a big deal, but a huge mess.

Left dump gate open on Ammomaster, guilty as charged. Twice. Most of the powder ended up on the bench and I was able to recover it

Everyone will eventually do this once. :)

I somehow had a 50bmg primer go BANG when seating it, with the wife and daughter in the next room. That got all of our attention.

I'm always paranoid this will happen to me when I decide to do some late night reloading.

The worst things I've done so far is load cases with powder that don't have primers yet or seat a bullet into one without powder (really need to buy a puller).

But thanks, now I'm paranoid about knocking my powder over too.

Everyone with a Chargemaster's done this one time or another. I've done it at least 3 times, but I've got a styrofoam bowl sitting under my drain just in case.

Humorous thread...... When I pour 8208 from the 8 pound jug to a smaller container I hug the damn thing like it contains gold dust. Immediately screw the top on carefully place it down thinking if I dropped it I'd scream myself purple!!!

A few years back we had about 14 inches of snow in a two night period just before Christmas, which was quite alot for us. I share a driveway, and the fellow across the street builds 4 foot long black powder cannons. I decided that the large beautiful white blanket of snow over our driveways would be the perfect way to get rid of about 5 pounds of old powder remnants. I dumped the powder in a line on the snow that was about 1-1.5 inches high and about 2 inches wide, and around 15 yards long as it wound around and around.

I lit one end and expected a 3-4 foot tall flame...nope...the flame was 6-8 feet tall, and really beautiful to watch. It all took about 45 seconds to burn off, both neighbors from across the street were watching, and as I started going back inside, the families from both houses started clapping. It was pretty neat to see...So I save up little bits of powder, and every 5-10 years I end up with about 5-10 pounds to burn off or toss on the lawn or garden as fertilizer.

I once emptied my full powder dump of IMR4064 into a 1lb can of RL22. Pay attention to the powder in the hopper.

Yes... And there was Retumbo EVERYWHERE... Life lesson learned.

Sent from my XT615 using Tapatalk 2

try putting the metering bar back in wrong on a dillon powder measure. then filling it, only to watch powder stream out all over the press, table top, floor and just about everywhere else powder can go, as you scramble to take it all back apart so the reservior can be dumped back into the can.

yeah, i got take the square deal apart twice that day.

Has anyone left the drain open on their Chargemaster?

Yep... I was changing powders and opened the Chargemaster to drain the old powder back into the jug. Put the Chargemaster back on the bench, capped off the old jug and put it on the shelf. Grabbed the new jug of powder, screwed off the cap and began pouring into the Chargemaster. The pisser was the seconds it took for the mind to figure out what was going on and send the command down the arm to the hand to STOP POURING :)