• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I wish I wasn’t a sucker for m1a’s

Jmccracken1214

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Dec 10, 2018
    Thomasville, NC
    I’ve got a national match, walnut that I never shoot… but it’s so damn gorgeous, and badass.
    Someone local had a walnut tanker, 7 mags and a box of hornady ammo for sale that I tried to resist for 2 days and caved.
    Atleast my NM will have another friend in the safe.
    D1DC3AD8-F860-4AA9-B040-99930CA4732D.jpeg

why wish you weren't a gun hoarder when there value has only gone up over the years so even as a pure profit idea they are a sound investment being dam sexy and fun as all hell to shoot , is only a cherry on top being a pretty gun and a big part of history makes it even better .

why wish you weren't a gun hoarder when there value has only gone up over the years so even as a pure profit idea they are a sound investment being dam sexy and fun as all hell to shoot , is only a cherry on top being a pretty gun and a big part of history makes it even better .
    You are so right. I’ve been saying the same thing lately to friends and family. I’m like look at each firearm as a share of stock. Apple is like $170 and Amazon is like $3k a share.

Well this old Mauser is a share that will appreciate and amazingly I can play with in the mean time.

• Haha
    Reactions: acudaowner
    I pulled my M1A out of the safe this weekend only to find that I can't remember where I put the magazines for it. It's killing me and I just haven't had the time to tear through everything yet to find them. My gun room is in desperate need of a cleaning.

• Haha
    Reactions: acudaowner
    The M1A equations
    Good to have at least 3
    Good to have 10 mags for each one
    Good to have a 1,000 rounds for each one
    + + + + + = $10,000 is a good round number

I've got a Springfield Super Match with McMillan USMC camo stock I got back in the 90's. I've toyed with the idea of selling it a few times, but just can't bring myself to do it. They are no longer made in that configuration and none of my AR rifles has nearly as much aesthetic appeal to me.

I've got a Springfield Super Match with McMillan USMC camo stock I got back in the 90's. I've toyed with the idea of selling it a few times, but just can't bring myself to do it. They are no longer made in that configuration and none of my AR rifles has nearly as much aesthetic appeal to me.
    Same. I have a Glen Nelson built SM and have thought about selling it at times but I just can't bring myself to do it. I also have a 18" Scout I built on a Fulton Armory receiver and a Criterion barrel. Both are fun to shoot.

Reactions: Arc Light

If you don't mind me asking? what kind of groups did you get with match? and decent ammo? I saw one come up for sale at a very reasonable price, however I wasn't sure on accuracy? Thanks In advance. Cheers

If you don't mind me asking? what kind of groups did you get with match? and decent ammo? I saw one come up for sale at a very reasonable price, however I wasn't sure on accuracy? Thanks In advance. Cheers
    I have not fired it a lot, but I have been extremely impressed with the accuracy of the gun. I've only shot FGMM through it, and I was getting groups of around .75 MOA. Someone more experienced with the M1A would probably do better than that. I have read that the older guns from the 80's and 90's were better built than the recent production guns. Don't know if that's true or not.

Reactions: mildot326
    This is an 83 era with a Tony Lawrence stock from years ago, love me some M1a......... I do love the Walnut no doubt nice rifle.
    DSC_4587.JPG

Kind of like the M1A myself.
    Only have two, the black one is what I used in Service Rifle competition back in the day.
    Clint Fowler built it for me, double-lug, adjustable gas system, Les Tam sling, etc.
    The white one is just an early SA M1A.
    Service_rifle_M1A_doublelugged.jpeg

early_SA_M1A.jpg

I found my magazines. I thought I had 5, but it turns out I only had three. So, I went looking for magazines and found Pro Mag ones. Has any one use them and are they any good?

You get what you pay for. If you can’t find verified USGI contractor Mags in good shape, go with Checkmate. I believe Fulton Armory has them.

Reactions: Shooter McGavin
    I found my magazines. I thought I had 5, but it turns out I only had three. So, I went looking for magazines and found Pro Mag ones. Has any one use them and are they any good?
    So I unintentionally got two pro-mag mags a while back. Schemes had M1A mags listed but they did t list the manufacturer. I assumed it may be be promag but I was hoping for an online pricing mistake. Ordered online picked up in store.
    They have work fine through a couple hundred rounds so far. But they definitely have a lower grade finish on the edges and are not as smooth as my GI mags

Reactions: Shooter McGavin
    So, I messed up on the Schuster Adjustable gas plug by not putting in the locking screw and now I have no idea where I put that. So, should I just put the standard gas plug back in or purchase another Schuster adjustable gas plug and do it right this time?

Just curious? is the ",jury still out" on the "best" scope mount IIRC wasn't the Sadak airborne one of them? SE?

I originally had a Brookfield precision tool M1a scope mount, but sold it to a collector, replaced w/ a SE, works fine.