• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

IBS Heavy Gun 1000yd New world Record

WVgunsmith

Private
Minuteman
Jul 28, 2007
West Virginia
www.facebook.com
Joel Pendergraft this past weekend shot a 10 shot group at 1000yds measuring 3.048in. He shot it with a 300 Ackley Improved. Go to 6mmbr.com to read the rest of the story and view his rifle.

Scott

Re: IBS Heavy Gun 1000yd New world Record

That's a pretty crazy looknig bench gun. Great group though.

I read about this on benchrest.com and thought the conditions must have been primo....good job anyway

I wonder if he doesn't also have it set up as a tension tube for the barrel. I've known a few others that have used that configuration with excellent results. His rest also provides some serious precision tracking of that gun during recoil and return to battery.

Fascinating engineering he put into that design.

I was thinking about water cooled stuff. You could pressurize the water tube. Also, water will absorb tons more energy (heat) before it changes temperature (compared to air).

Do you think he will see any increased barrel life with the extra cooling?

At that same match an eight year old boy shot a 2.8??" five shot group with a 6mmDasher. It was his first ever five shot group on paper at 1000 yards.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jimmy M40a2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So that gun is water cooled? that is what the picture said.
http://accurateshooter.wordpress.com/200...n-world-record/ </div></div>

joelgun03a.jpg

I <span style="font-style: italic"><span style="font-weight: bold">would</span></span> want one, but I don't like the finish...

Jokes aside, impressive weapon, incredible shooting!

Cheers,
TheLongShot

Impressive purpose-built machine, for sure.

I can't honestly describe it as a "rifle" or "weapon".

If you think about it, it's like hitting a cantalope at over a mile! And consistently at that.