• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Ideas on how to keep aluminum rings tight

They are not tqed completely to spec. My small tq wrench was at my other house and when the rings came in they went right to the ups man's hands to my office to being mounted! Lol. I'm guessing they are pretty close though. They have not moved any and I checked the screws tonight and they were still good and tight. The loctite works and I don't have to worry about it for the most part. If it can't be safety wired then it gets loctite!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Thanks ... good to know.

I've been considering the M10 rings. Which model do you have?

:cool:

Thanks ... good to know.

I've been considering the M10 rings. Which model do you have?

34mm lows on holding an xrs on a nightforce 20moa rail, this is on a stock 308 5r barrel/contour. Works very well for me. I've only put 160 rounds down range with this setup but I'm liking it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1381117402423.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1381117402423.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 13
Never had an issue with TSP rings or my Badgers. The badgers hold my Premier nice and tight...

JonThomps

Sorry to hear that you had issues.

I made new small instruction here, and I have a slight feeling that not everybody are following the instructions.
We are using hard coat anodizing on mount and Stainless steel screws that are blackoxided, they stick fairly hard togehter if degreased, the friction is simply just a lot. All our screws are waxed prior to assembly and should stick waxed if not the customer wants to loctite the screws.
In such case must of course the screws and the threaded holes get degreased.

Torque is a pretty blunt measurement.
Blunt because it's highly dependent on friction, and the friction is dependent on Surface, grease, material etc.
So degreasing screws prior to mounting is a way of ensuring that not sufficient force will keep the rings around the scope.

In mostly cases are not rosin a must, but when it comes to Heavy calibers and Heavy scopes we do recomend it.
The rosin sits as a small protective shim betwen the scope and the rings and will help Rising the friction considerably to avoid slipping scopes.
Most likely is it not needed, but when comparing the price of the rosin to the price of the scope, It's hard to justify not using the rosin.

Attachments

• Installation recomendation.jpg
    Installation recomendation.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 18
Good looking setup.

I've been looking at the ARC M10 QD-L.

(BigJimFish Review of American Rifle Company M10 QD-L Scope Mount)

After reading the review by BigJimFish, it made me wonder what the right torque value is for the single screw system.

I would have liked to have seen a lever setup like I have on my LaRue setups but already had the 20moa Nightforce rail so I just bought the rings and was done with it. I would have probably bought then though if they had a lever setup, they seem to keep zero better when swapping optics between different guns in my experience. I did pull the scope out or the rings after the first 50 rounds to see if there was any markings on the scope and there were absolutely zero markings/lines etc and it never moved from the mounting position. I try to keep the front ring as close to the bell as possible but ended up having to slide this setup forward about 1/4" to get everything right so I was comfortable behind the setup.