• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

If anyone is looking for a Aimpoint Pro....

Trevor300wsm

Team Pantydropper
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Nov 8, 2009
    Oklahoma
    Hey guys,
    This maybe be old news, but if anyone is looking to buy an Aimpoint Pro, they have them at AZarmament, Your Magpul Warehouse! for $363 shipped. They are $408, but use the coupon code "PROsave" for a $45 discount and free shipping. I just picked one up for an extra AR I have. I've never had any red dots other than a Eotech. I hope the Pro is a decent choice.

wow, that's a sick deal for an awesome red dot... I have one on my RRA elite op2 and its really nice for work 100yards or less.

I have two of the PRO's one on an RRA 5.56 and one on a SCAR 16, the optics absolutely rock. I have mounted mine farther forward and it really opens up your field of vision yet the dot is always right there. I've never been a proponent of battery powered optics, my Colt still sports an ACOG, but I am definitely a fan of the PRO.

That's good to hear. I never cared for my Eotech much. I hope I like the Pro a little better.

Ive owned both and ilike the aimpoint much more. Just a little trick if you want precise shots with your aimpont if going for goups is to cowitness the rear only with the small aperature and red dot on the lowest visible setting = produces a really sharp and perfectly round clear red dot.

That's good to hear. I never cared for my Eotech much. I hope I like the Pro a little better.

Last edited:
    Ive owned both and ilike the aimpoint much more. Just a little trick if you want precise shots with your aimpont if.going for goups is to cowitness the rear only with the small aperature and red dot on the lowest visible setting = produces a really sharp and clear dot.
    I have never tried that.

I like my PRO, but without my prescription eyewear it kinda sucks because I have astigmatism. Then again I am also nearsighted so I'm just SOL without my glasses or magnified riflescopes anyways. :(

if you have an A2 type rear back up iron sight (don't use the front sight, just the rear),,,,, give it a try even with your astigmatism... I think you would be amazed with how small, perfectly round, crisp, and clear the dot will be using the small aperture on the rear sight with the red dot on the lowest possible visible setting.

I have never tried that.

I like my PRO, but without my prescription eyewear it kinda sucks because I have astigmatism. Then again I am also nearsighted so I'm just SOL without my glasses or magnified riflescopes anyways. :(

I have astigmatism and contact lenses. What's the deal with red dots and astigmatism? Is it not going to work well for me?

I have astigmatism and contact lenses. What's the deal with red dots and astigmatism? Is it not going to work well for me?

I also have an astigmatism and contacts. Generally speaking, the dot will not appear as clear to you as it would to someone w/o an astigmatism. It may looks slightly blurry and will generally appear larger than normal. Generally, I overcome this by dialing down the brightness a notch or two and it seems to work fine.

Astigmatism causes a "comet" effect to Aimpoints. I have a pretty bad astigmatism corrected with gas-permeable contact lenses, and I don't get that effect with them in. When I put on my glasses (Wal-Mart specials), I see it. If you have good correction to your astigmatism, you won't have any problem. If you're still seeing it, maybe it's time to go back to your eye doctor.

At the last Big Sandy I was helping the guy that was their explosives expert tape glow sticks to TNT for the night shoot. The subject of Red Dot optics came up. He said that he was taught that you don't really need to open the front lens cover to get on target, just the rear. The natural convergence of your eyes allows the left eye to "see" the dot the right eye sees on target. He was right.