• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

If it came down to it, would you stay and fight?

Re: If it came down to it, would you stay and fight?

Well, you've had your say then I'll let you go about your pontifications about the future government crackdown and how you'll stand up against it. I hate to get in the way of a good discussion.

<span style="font-weight: bold">1st thing I would do is mentally prepare for the confrontation.:</span>

dwingdwang_massive_huge_joint_weed_chronic_marijuana_pot_hot_girl_smoking_smoke_cigarette_sexy_babe_burning_blazing.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold">2nd thing I would do is say good bye to the things I love:</span>

nude-obese-woman.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold">3rd thing I would do is don the tactical equipment I have meticulously prepared over the last decade for such a calamity:</span>

bornfrompain_fuckthepolice_back_lg.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold">Then I would do what all you internet bad asses are going to do in spite of what you type:</span>

Run_Like_Hell_pete_wheeler.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: COURAGEWOLF</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well, you've had your say then I'll let you go about your pontifications about the future government crackdown and how you'll stand up against it. I hate to get in the way of a good discussion. </div></div>

Apparently you have a lethal case of mental masturbation not to mention stupidity.....

Get back on the meds dude

I buried my sheet in the back yard in my 2012 Zombie invasion bunker, so when the man comes he can lick all up on my ballsack!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: waveone</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: COURAGEWOLF</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well, you've had your say then I'll let you go about your pontifications about the future government crackdown and how you'll stand up against it. I hate to get in the way of a good discussion. </div></div>

Apparently you have a lethal case of mental masturbation not to mention stupidity.....

</div></div>

Will do man, I'll go back to the psychiatrist, you go back to debating about the future government crackdown on firearms and how you'll fend off the government when they come for you.

THEY'RE COMING

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: COURAGEWOLF</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: waveone</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: COURAGEWOLF</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well, you've had your say then I'll let you go about your pontifications about the future government crackdown and how you'll stand up against it. I hate to get in the way of a good discussion. </div></div>

</div></div>

Will do man, I'll go back to the psychiatrist, you go back to debating about the future government crackdown on firearms and how you'll fend off the government when they come for you.

THEY'RE COMING </div></div>

Add illiteracy to the list........ THose were your fabrications AKA mental masturbations, not mine. I simply referenced how the law applied and answered your set up question in the way you illicited them.

Find a reading & comprehension class....

Why are we even discussing this?
This will never happen.
And if for some reason it did.....
40 million gun owners would not go quietly.
Right after the first cop got shot the plan would be aborted.
(how many cops would sign up for that job anyway?)

Good question, I think it would really depend on the situation. Angry looting mob, no problem. Army, police, seems hopeless to fight a loosing battle, better to live to fight another day.

Good question, I think it would really depend on the situation. Angry looting mob, no problem. Army, police, seems hopeless to fight a loosing battle, better to live to fight another day.

This whole thread is sounding like Piston Pete's ramblings
laugh.gif

<span style="color: #FF0000"><span style="font-size: 14pt">"stay and fight ??"</span> </span>

you gotta be joking ! most people here and nearly all other gun forums talk about ""BUGGING OUT"" and leaving the family on their own.

ME ? i'll stay and fight till my ammo runs out..., 20,000+ rnds, that includes the .22LR ammo !

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Piston Pete</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="color: #FF0000"><span style="font-size: 14pt">"stay and fight ??"</span> </span>

you gotta be joking ! most people here and nearly all other gun forums talk about ""BUGGING OUT"" and leaving the family on their own.

ME ? i'll stay and fight till my ammo runs out..., 20,000+ rnds, that includes the .22LR ammo ! </div></div>

HAHAHA it's come full circle now.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: larbhills</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Graham</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: patsim</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Where, pray tell, would you draw the line, sir?</div></div>I am low enough on the food chain that I don't often get to make line-drawing decisions of any real significance. But lines get drawn on our behalf every day. There are the more common and universal ones, like never to seriously hurt one's family or children, but I have drawn enough lines to know that there's no real answer to a question like the one you pose because those whom have done it, even on a small scale, know that they are never quite sure ahead of time where the line is. I do know, however, that responding with deadly force to try to keep an inanimate object makes absolutely no sense to me. </div></div>

Some people are talking about inanimate objects here. Some people are talking about God-given rights being usurped. The difference in perspective might be where the line is drawn. </div></div>
I'm not sure where God given rights came into this? Lets be realistic because this is about the rights given to men by men.

If someone wants to argue this point then,
Show me in the bible or some other religious text that God decread that man shall posses firearms?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: patsim
[/quote</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Reference the earlier post that detailed the numerous incidents of mass-murder perpetrated during the 20th Century and reconcile that against your suggestion that "our soldiers" wouldn't do that. I'm not being a wise ass, but I've often wondered who would be the enforcement arm of "the man". No one likes to think that their own countrymen would or could do that, but there's 50 million in the last century who probably thought the same thing. </div></div>
Are you talking about Haditha? or some of the other incidents caused by a <span style="font-weight: bold">couple</span> of retards? Out of the total military population what percentage does that relate to? So your portrait of the military based from a few incidents is not an accurate reflection of the military. Looking at those incidents what was the fallout and repercussions for those soldiers? Long prison sentences.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: COURAGEWOLF</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Piston Pete</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="color: #FF0000"><span style="font-size: 14pt">"stay and fight ??"</span> </span>

ME ? i'll stay and fight till my ammo runs out..., 20,000+ rnds, that includes the .22LR ammo ! </div></div>

HAHAHA it's come full circle now. </div></div>

This is what I'm saying
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Show me in the bible or some other religious text that God decread that man shall posses firearms?</div></div>

<span style="font-size: 14pt"><span style="color: #FF0000">RIDICULOUS !!</span></span>

GOD may not have "decreed" but he sure as hel..., ooops ! heaven, he supported the honest man to arm himself for self and family protection..., and NO i am NOT going to provide proof, you do some searching of "Bible" sites if you need some i have plenty>

Quote: "I'm not sure where God given rights came into this?"

Our forefathers wrote and believed that some rights were God-given rights; rights which all men were born with and could not be given nor taken away by another man.

This belief is what our nation is based on, and what so many who wish to take these rights away from us want us to forget or not understand.

Make no mistake, our right to bear arms is but one God-given right, but is the most important one, as it alone guarantees the others cannot be easily taken away.

Glenn

God I miss George... and God bless Joe Pesci
grin.gif

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hWiBt-pqp0E"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hWiBt-pqp0E" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

what? when dem whiteman come to ma village, wit dem AK-47 and dem trucks, to take my son to dem diamondmine dem?

Sorry, just watched blood diamond.

I'd like to think i'd do something. But i cant be sure until i get faced with it. Nobody can, not even the worlds most elite soldier can wholly guarantee they wont run until they've actually faced it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stefan73</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: patsim
</div></div>

Reference the earlier post that detailed the numerous incidents of mass-murder perpetrated during the 20th Century and reconcile that against your suggestion that "our soldiers" wouldn't do that. I'm not being a wise ass, but I've often wondered who would be the enforcement arm of "the man". No one likes to think that their own countrymen would or could do that, but there's 50 million in the last century who probably thought the same thing. [/quote</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Are you talking about Haditha? or some of the other incidents caused by a <span style="font-weight: bold">couple</span> of retards? Out of the total military population what percentage does that relate to? So your portrait of the military based from a few incidents is not an accurate reflection of the military. Looking at those incidents what was the fallout and repercussions for those soldiers? Long prison sentences.

</div></div>

Not Haditha. There was a long post on page 2 detailing the numerous incidents of government sanctioned mass-murder against their own populations. Stalin's purges Mao's reeducation camps, Pol Pot's killing fields, Turkish slaughter of Armenians, Nazi concentration camps, etc. It is estimated that in the 20th century 50 million people were murdered by their own governments.

My point was that people, or I at least, never think that sort of thing could happen here because, well, because we are the United States. But history, I believe, suggests otherwise.

My curiosity extnds to not whether something like this will happen, but when it has in the past, who are those that do the killing on behalf of the government and what is their motivation? Self-preservation is the best I can come up with.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stefan73</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: larbhills</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Graham</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: patsim</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Where, pray tell, would you draw the line, sir?</div></div>I am low enough on the food chain that I don't often get to make line-drawing decisions of any real significance. But lines get drawn on our behalf every day. There are the more common and universal ones, like never to seriously hurt one's family or children, but I have drawn enough lines to know that there's no real answer to a question like the one you pose because those whom have done it, even on a small scale, know that they are never quite sure ahead of time where the line is. I do know, however, that responding with deadly force to try to keep an inanimate object makes absolutely no sense to me. </div></div>

Some people are talking about inanimate objects here. Some people are talking about God-given rights being usurped. The difference in perspective might be where the line is drawn. </div></div>
I'm not sure where God given rights came into this? Lets be realistic because this is about the rights given to men by men.

Show me in the bible or some other religious text that God decread that man shall posses firearms? </div></div>

I'm no Bible scholar or thumper, but you asked, and this was in the second reading at Mass a couple of weeks ago; otherwise I'd have not been familiar with it:

<span style="color: #FF0000">he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one</span> Luke 22:36

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: patsim</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

I'm no Bible scholar or thumper, but you asked, and this was in the second reading at Mass a couple of weeks ago; otherwise I'd have not been familiar with it:

<span style="color: #FF0000">he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one</span> Luke 22:36 </div></div>

It is beyond the realms of this forum to debate religion, but I will say this much. I've heard quite a few opposing views on that statement within the bible, and given the context it seems to me that it wouldn't be taken so literally if it weren't so convenient to maintaining a lot of people's personal beliefs.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stefan73</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: larbhills</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Graham</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: patsim</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Where, pray tell, would you draw the line, sir?</div></div>I am low enough on the food chain that I don't often get to make line-drawing decisions of any real significance. But lines get drawn on our behalf every day. There are the more common and universal ones, like never to seriously hurt one's family or children, but I have drawn enough lines to know that there's no real answer to a question like the one you pose because those whom have done it, even on a small scale, know that they are never quite sure ahead of time where the line is. I do know, however, that responding with deadly force to try to keep an inanimate object makes absolutely no sense to me. </div></div>

Show me in the bible or some other religious text that God decread that man shall posses firearms? </div></div>

Ha haaa! Privileges are granted by men. Rights are granted by God. In America, for the moment, gun ownership is still a right. I don't need to debate this. It is true. I will say that I am quite discouraged that so many professionals here on this site would throw our rights away in order to fulfil their orders. I hear the exact opposite from my LEO and veteran friends but it seems normal on the 'hide. On the other hand "I'm just a peckerwood who lives in the hills with too many guns" so maybe my friends are unique.

Stay and fight. I am to set in my ways to turn my back on freedom.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: patsim</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

<span style="color: #FF0000">he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one</span> Luke 22:36 </div></div>

My favorite, besides PSalm 108:9 is from the movie Pulp Fiction:

Samuel L Jackson always recites this before he takes someone out
smile.gif

Ezekiel 25:17 And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.
And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Seriously everyone can say they would stand and fight but that's not the case when someone grabs your wife's hair and pulls her outside or throws her in the back of a car as a "Suspect".

All things in the past should be a warning but are not - our soldiers and federal officials WILL turn against their fellow man.

Guns are a physical possession - if it comes to it hide the precious one's and let them have them.

Now, before anyone goes off with the macho I'll fire 20,000 rds BS go watch teh movie "The Patriot."

The point of that movie really is where do you draw the line.

Mel Gibson's character did not want war, he had a family and they were more important.

When war came to him, then he fought.

and if it ever does come to it - watch those apache videos from Afghanistan, the C-130 videos - holy crap we'd be a hurting unit if we ever had to fight our own military.

So macho talk aside, just remember, the mind is the best weapon, you don't always need a gun to kill somebody.

President Lincoln at Gettysburg:

<span style="font-family: 'Book Antiqua'">"Four score and seven years ago our fathers brought forth on this continent, a new nation, conceived in Liberty, and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal.

Now we are engaged in a great civil war, testing whether that nation, or any nation so conceived and so dedicated, can long endure. We are met on a great battle-field of that war. We have come to dedicate a portion of that field, as a final resting place for those who here gave their lives that that nation might live. It is altogether fitting and proper that we should do this.

But, in a larger sense, we can not dedicate -- we can not consecrate -- we can not hallow -- this ground. The brave men, living and dead, who struggled here, have consecrated it, far above our poor power to add or detract. The world will little note, nor long remember what we say here, but it can never forget what they did here. It is for us the living, rather, to be dedicated here to the unfinished work which they who fought here have thus far so nobly advanced. It is rather for us to be here dedicated to the great task remaining before us -- <span style="color: #FF0000">that from these honored dead we take increased devotion to that cause for which they gave the last full measure of devotion -- that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain -- that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom -- and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth.</span>"</span>

I'll fight, whether it's at my front door or from the woods I don't know, but I'll fight to the best of my ability.

1911fan

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ArcticLight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Funny you didn't mention swords, knives, axes, or any other weapon that could be used to take a weapon from an individual.

People get too used to their possessions to realize that the mind is the best weapon. </div></div>

Not sure that applies as uniformly as you might hope anymore. You seen the attack being waged on minds the last few decades? Shoot, if we ever lose our communications systems, I plan on making a killing as a moron rustlin' cowboy of sorts.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dust_Remover</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I don't think that the over exuberant sharpshooter with the FBI HRT necessarily deserves such a swift judgement as you couldn't possibly know what information he was being force fed about the man in his crosshairs. For all we know his superiors were whispering in his ears that this guy had a handful of children sex slaves in the house.
Branden </div></div>

Yeah, I mean after all, that was the line they used when they sent him out on his next high-profile assignment, to kill more women and children in Waco, Tx.
sick.gif
I feel completely at peace with passing judgement on that particular individual. May he stumble upon a conscience and live longer than he wish.

Courage, you have got to be kidding me!? Not to debate the Bible. There is nothing to debate. Either you believe that it is the instruction manual for our lives, as God's word or you don't. But to dispute the meaning of Luke 22:36 is ridiculous. Read any tanslation you choose, as I have and you will see that it was a Command from Jesus himself. If you are familiar with the Bible at all, you will remember that Peter whacked off the ear of a Roman soldier who came to take Jesus. Where do you think he got that sword? He was packin....How do you think he managed to swipe the soldiers ear off in one fell swoop and not crush his skull?... He was quite proficient with his weapon. I am a proud 3rd generation Life Member of the NRA. And to be lumped into the "when it is pried from my cold dead fingers crowd" because of a quote that I repeated,by someone on this forum is disgusting. As gun owners we should all stand/hang together or surely we will all fall/hang seperately. This subject is one in which we should all be in one accord. So I'll say it again, if "they" want my guns, they can have them "WHEN THEY PRY THEM FROM MY COLD DEAD FINGERS!"quote=COURAGEWOLF]<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: patsim</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

It is beyond the realms of this forum to debate religion, but I will say this much. I've heard quite a few opposing views on that statement within the bible, and given the context it seems to me that it wouldn't be taken so literally if it weren't so convenient to maintaining a lot of people's personal beliefs.[/quote]

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EmergencyNrse</div><div class="ubbcode-body">God I miss George... and God bless Joe Pesci
grin.gif

</div></div>
Really funny
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Remoah</div><div class="ubbcode-body">what? when dem whiteman come to ma village, wit dem AK-47 and dem trucks, to take my son to dem diamondmine dem?

Sorry, just watched blood diamond.

I'd like to think i'd do something. But i cant be sure until i get faced with it. <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #FF0000">Nobody can</span></span>, not even the worlds most elite soldier can wholly guarantee they wont run until they've actually faced it. </div></div>

I CAN !! i am staying right where i am, this is my home, my family, it and they are worth defending.., running will only make you die tired and out of breath.

But have you experienced it? Has your home ever been invaded by a superior force, by an organized military, not a bunch of pissed of guys on motorbikes with AK's, but a mobilised, equipped force, who have all the toys that your army runs around with today?

Im not questioning wether you will or not. But rather your assertion to either fact. Some bleeding hearts may say they'll never fight (a certain greens senator in australia comes to mind). But im sure if i held a gun to his family and gave him the chance to attack me, he may act othwerwise.
It is the same vice versa, you can assert that you will fight, but you cannot ensure it. If i parked a pair of APC's out front of your house, but left the back door open for you and the family to escape. what would you do?

I'm not meant to be insulting or insinuate that you are a coward or otherwise. I'm simply throwing a statement to you to consider.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: patriotoutlaw</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Courage, you have got to be kidding me!? Not to debate the Bible. There is nothing to debate. Either you believe that it is the instruction manual for our lives, as God's word or you don't. But to dispute the meaning of Luke 22:36 is ridiculous. Read any tanslation you choose, as I have and you will see that it was a Command from Jesus himself. If you are familiar with the Bible at all, you will remember that Peter whacked off the ear of a Roman soldier who came to take Jesus. Where do you think he got that sword? He was packin....How do you think he managed to swipe the soldiers ear off in one fell swoop and not crush his skull?... He was quite proficient with his weapon. I am a proud 3rd generation Life Member of the NRA. And to be lumped into the "when it is pried from my cold dead fingers crowd" because of a quote that I repeated,by someone on this forum is disgusting. As gun owners we should all stand/hang together or surely we will all fall/hang seperately. This subject is one in which we should all be in one accord. So I'll say it again, if "they" want my guns, they can have them "WHEN THEY PRY THEM FROM MY COLD DEAD FINGERS!"quote=COURAGEWOLF]<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: patsim</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

It is beyond the realms of this forum to debate religion, but I will say this much. I've heard quite a few opposing views on that statement within the bible, and given the context it seems to me that it wouldn't be taken so literally if it weren't so convenient to maintaining a lot of people's personal beliefs.</div></div> [/quote]

I've read the book cover to cover. I don't know it like the back of my hand, but My opinion still stands. I responded to you with PM explaining the obvious contradictions and convenience of the way you're using that passage.

You really should step back and do a ruff draft of what you plan to post..... this is beyond stupid. You sound like a zombie theory person who hides in his basement every night. [/quote]

I think Ruff may have <span style="font-style: italic">done</span> the draft!
i060626dtm.jpg

[/quote]

Dennis was one of my fav comics.
I remember seeing this many years ago!
Thanks VG!

http://www.script-o-rama.com/movie_scripts/j/jeremiah-johnson-script-transcript-redford.html

Link for your reading enjoyment.

How would most do under those conditions?

Please don't make this religious, or it will get locked!
I kinda like listening to those that think King James wrote the Bible!
Always wanted to go to church of Christ service with a beer.
Why should I be shunned because?

Congregation breeds stupidity.

Yes I read, and have my beliefs.
They are mine!

Faith, not religion.

TC

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TCA4570</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Please don't make this religious, or it will get locked!</div></div>

Then you do just that
laugh.gif

Classic!