• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

If you are considering a KIDD trigger.............

wksinatl

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 30, 2001
Atlanta, Ga
................you might want to consider the straight trigger blade instead of the curved one. I know it is personal preference but I just got mine back from Tony to have a straight blade installed. The difference is huge (to the better).

He suggests the straight blade if you have a pistol grip type of stock. I have both and would prefer it on both.

Just my .02

Keith

Re: If you are considering a KIDD trigger.............

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">................you might want to consider the straight trigger blade instead of the curved one. I know it is personal preference but I just got mine back from Tony to have a straight blade installed. The difference is huge (to the better).

He suggests the straight blade if you have a pistol grip type of stock. I have both and would prefer it on both.

Just my .02

Keith </div></div>
To be clear, while using a straight or curved trigger blade is up to personal preference, the straight blade is recommended for stocks whose grip is more vertical such as those on an Anschutz-style stock. Not all "pistol grip" stocks (which can also have more relaxed orientations of a <span style="font-style: italic">"pistol grip"</span>) are ideal for use with a straight blade.

Vertical grips are preferred over more "relaxed" grips because vertical grips orient the firing hand (and trigger finger) horizontally. The combination of a vertical grip and straight blade help keep the contact angle between the blade and trigger finger square, which also helps to maintain a straight-back pull. While a straight-back pull is always preferred, it is especially helpful when a very light pull weight is used (like benchrest shooting).

Hunting stocks traditionally have more relaxed, less vertical grips, and the firing hand and the trigger finger are often pointed slightly downward. As a result the contact angle of the trigger and trigger finger is no longer "square", resulting in a less sensitivity as well as a less efficient, angled pull.

Keith

Sure you can but it. It won't fit on , but you can buy it. Zero % small parts interchangeability with stock triggers.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: desertfox01</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a kidd and a STI (kidd also). how much it cost to have the straight trigger put in? </div></div>

I think Mary charged me 16.95 plus 5.50 shipping.

Keith

Keith,

Is Tony back in Texas yet?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 81STFACP</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Keith,

Is Tony back in Texas yet? </div></div>

Hey Nez!

Yes Tony is in McQueeney, TX. I think he has been for about a year.

Keith

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KS</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: desertfox01</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a kidd and a STI (kidd also). how much it cost to have the straight trigger put in? </div></div>

I think Mary charged me 16.95 plus 5.50 shipping.

Keith </div></div>

Hrck, that would be worth it to give it a try..........

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WhiteKnight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Can you buy one of his flat triggers for a non-Kidd mechanism? </div></div>

Rimfire Technologies makes two versions of the trigger you need for a factory based trigger group build, either a full width that requires opening the trigger window a little, or astraight drop in version that needs no opening of the window.

http://www.rimfiretechnologies.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=DIT001

http://www.rimfiretechnologies.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=FWT001

When I purchased my KIdd trigger I also purchased the straight blade. I haven't taken the time to see if it that big of a deal to change it. Does anyone here have any experience at changing them and would like to share? Thanks SScott

You should not have any problems doing it your self.I did the change to mine and it was pretty simple.

Polter, are you talking about installing the trigger group, or changing the trigger blade?

I fiddled with mine a while, then just boxed it up and let Tony take care of it.

Trigger blade from a curved to straight.