• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns If you could only have one...

warpig602

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 2, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
gun for a do it all, what would it be? Pics are always welcome!

I'll start, pretty sure I would go with my 229, best balance between concealment and firepower while still be a capable offensive tool if need be.

6055509471_ca38c7b979_b.jpg

6055508393_bbdcf36332_b.jpg

Re: If you could only have one...

many will say Glock 19 I think

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: taseal</div><div class="ubbcode-body">many will say Glock 19 I think </div></div>

You were right.
Glock 19.

I am onboard with the Sig 229 in 40 or 357 sig or 9 mm. None of my three 229's have ever failed me

I wouldn't want to carry a full size 1911 every day, but I probably would, if I could only have one gun.

This one, my old service revolver which my Dept. gave me when I retired. Model 28.

Model%2028.JPG

It works on the biggest of critters.

IMG_NEW.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Migrane</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: taseal</div><div class="ubbcode-body">many will say Glock 19 I think </div></div>

You were right.
Glock 19. </div></div>

Agreed. Glock 19.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigJoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
d31ccbf9.jpg
</div></div>

That is a slick 1911 but my go to is a Glock 19.

I know a lot of peeps like the G19 but I prefer the G17. Even though I have small hands I like the full size grip and longer sight radius. It's as easy to carry as the G19, IMO.

It would have to be a 1911. I carry for work and shoot a lot of different guns. I have carried several others over the years but have always gone back to a 1911.

My Dan Wesson Valor 1911.45. It is everything I would want and is flawless in 1500 rounds. Steven

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: taseal</div><div class="ubbcode-body">many will say Glock 19 I think </div></div>

I figured as its really a versatile platform. I wish I could like Glocks but my hands favor the Sigs.

Glock 17 or 19. Cheap to buy. Cheap to feed. Rarely break. Pretty accurate out of the box. Reliable. Parts galore. What more could you ask for!?

4" 1911 Wilson combat cqb light weight light rail to be specific.

4 5/8" ss Super Blackhawk (44m). Not much for concealment, but it does everything else very well. I would probably choose a 4" model 29 if I had one.

Wow. Tough question. I'm tempted to say my 4" S&W 686. It's compact, accurate, and it will eat anything from light .38 Specials to nuclear powered .357's. My only reservation is its 6-shot capacity. Based solely on that consideration, I suppose I'd go with my full-size M&P .40. 15 round capacity, and it's powerful enough for the majority of taskes you can reasonably expect a handgun to perform.

4" S&W 57 in .41 mag. If everything means up to North Anerican bears.

An M&P9. Just a preference over a glock.

M&P 9 with Arredondo mag extensions and Trijicon HD night sights.

probably a glock, although i did shoot a 229 in 9mm the other day and was very impressed

My do it all pistol would be the Sig 220 Dark Elite with a threaded barrel and a suppressor.

it would be a glock, probably a 19 but a 17-20-22-35 would be fine also.

My do it all pistol is currently a G19 but if I had to pick one it would be the Glock 18 . Living in illinoids thats a real dream!

For me, hands down Les Baer Precision II with the 1.5 inch guarantee.

G17 for me although a GP100 did come to mind for a moment

I'm with the Glock 19 people. Small, unquestionably reliable, plenty of firepower.

I'm going to have to get one soon.