• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

If you had to pick one bullet...

105amatt

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 8, 2010
Asleep in KS
For those of you that shoot a 300 WM, If you had to pick one bullet, what would it be? One bullet to shoot a deer at a hundred yards to punching steel at one thousand and everything in between.

Re: If you had to pick one bullet...

Hands down 208 amax over some H1000 sitting in RWS brass.

208 AMAX on some H1000.

210 grain Berger gets my vote. One of the best multi use bullets on the market.

When I get my 300 back from GA, I think I will give the 210 Bergers a try. I was thinking about trying the 180 Hornady Interbonds too, dunno though. Around where I hunt the shot could be 20 yards out to 700. Does anyone have a deer experience with the 210 Bergers at close range or any range for that matter. Besides hunting, once in a while I will shoot some steel anywhere from 600-1000yards. I was also considering the 180 Barnes TSX, but from what I have read and from what Barnes tech guy told me, the velocity would be to high for a close range shot and the bullet either not hold together or the petals would rip off. Shit, I don't know, damn pricy copper boolits any how.

The deer I've shot under a 100 with the 210's either dropped there for a dirt nap or didn't run more than 100 yards. I am not going to open a can of worms with the 208 AMAX's they shoot unbelievable but I shot a coyote at 217 yards in the front shoulder and it ran the fuck off, that being said I have shot some of my biggest whitetails with the 208's, 1 neck shot, and all the others right behind the shoulder blade, and they dropped like a ton a s**t. I switched to Bergers because the BC is a little better and after the coyote controversy. If you want load data on either the reloading depo is loaded with it or PM me for mine and we can talk more.

NF

The 208 is a hammer on many fronts.

Probably pointless to mention but in my '06 I chose the 190 SMK as my do-all "heavy", over H4350 twisted 1:9.5.......final answer.

For you guys who are shooting the 210 VLD, what is your COAL?

Matt

210 Berger. I love how they work on animals.