• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

IF you're using SURFSHARK VPN or know someone who is --- READ

Samuel Whittemore

in memory
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 8, 2018

1631536961444.png

Reactions: Ravenworks
    Seems like everyone wants to be woke these days.....

Doc

BEST VPN COMPARISON CHART

Even though I have 6 months left I'm terminating my account with Surfshark --after giving them a TON of shit in the chat. Ripped them a new one. LOLOL

PS Get one NOT on US soil and one that does NOT have "EYES"!!!

Last edited:
    This was my cancelation request:

If the time ever comes you grow a set and apologize PUBLICALLY to Andy –I may reconsider.

Until then… know that every forum I belong to is getting this link https://reclaimthenet.org/surfshark-post-millennial-andy-ngo/

That’s REALLY a fucked up thing to do.

Being WOKE has consequences. This is one.

Please cancel my account.

Goodbye SurfShit -- Hello Nord!

Last edited:
    Thanks for bringing this to my attention!

Denada... We need to start fighting back. Best way to do that is take my toys and switch playpens.

Who cares if I lose 6 months --they got quite the Live Chat ear full.

Even told the bitch to send my snarly comments to the CEO and confirm when she did. "Take THAT you fuckers" LOLOL :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Holliday
    I use Express VPN. They're outside the US, and keep no logs or activity data. Proton VPN is another good choice, and they also offer an encrypted email service.

I use Express VPN. They're outside the US, and keep no logs or activity data. Proton VPN is another good choice, and they also offer an encrypted email service.
    Yeah, might want to research that a little deeper. All these companies stating "no logs" aren't being completely honest. Every read their terms of service? They can boot you for doing things they don't approve of. How would they be able to know that you are doing something they don't approve of if there are no logs? Dig deeper, the info on logs is out there.

Look. I'll put it in plain english for the non-technical.

EVERY "VPN" service tracks your browsing activity and sells that info.

It may not be the NSA but your browsing activity is being used for profit.

Not talking about passwords and account numbers and posts on web sites like this. That is secured by SSL from your local browser to the end site. You don't need a VPN to protect that - it cannot be "stolen" despite what the VPN crooks tell you.

What they are selling is your "habits", which is worth a lot to marketing organizations. Where do you go, what links to other sites do you follow.

Even your local ISP sells that info to Facebook, Netflix, Google, Amazon, etc. If you use a paid VPN, you're just paying someone to capture that same info, and sell it to the same buyers.

Stolen passwords result from hacking outdated software, like certain discussion forums that haven't applied security updates and don't store them in a secure format. It is technically impossible to steal a password from a web transaction between a browser on a patched computer, and a secure web site, like your bank.

Egggh. So what to do?
    Just stop pretending there's a company out there that protects you and act accordingly. Assume everything you do online is captured. Like elf said, they don't know your password, but that's a poor argument anyway because the password cracking software out there can brute force that pretty easily if someone wanted it, but just be aware that everywhere you visit, that is known information by someone.

Step 1....Step away from the internet :)

Reactions: Samuel Whittemore

Not talking about passwords and account numbers and posts on web sites like this. That is secured by SSL from your local browser to the end site. You don't need a VPN to protect that - it cannot be "stolen" despite what the VPN crooks tell you.

What they are selling is your "habits", which is worth a lot to marketing organizations. Where do you go, what links to other sites do you follow.

Even your local ISP sells that info to Facebook, Netflix, Google, Amazon, etc. If you use a paid VPN, you're just paying someone to capture that same info, and sell it to the same buyers.

Stolen passwords result from hacking outdated software, like certain discussion forums that haven't applied security updates and don't store them in a secure format. It is technically impossible to steal a password from a web transaction between a browser on a patched computer, and a secure web site, like your bank.
    Bullshit
    It all depends who your service provider is

Agree with all of the above being potentially true. Any VPN Is only as good as you can trust it.

With that said, depending on how you pay for your VPN and/or which service you use, some value being anonymous to the sites/services they use more vs the trade off of their VPN selling that data of an anonymous user.

Reactions: eflyguy
    With that said, depending on how you pay for your VPN and/or which service you use, some value being anonymous to the sites/services they use more vs the trade off of their VPN selling that data of an anonymous user.
    Good point! A use case I overlooked as I've never needed it. Want to stream content unavailable in your geography, a VPN would be handy.

My mom (in the UK) and I (US) both have Netflix, yet there are things I've recommended that are not available to her, and vice versa.

Reactions: chrome
    VPNs are useful for appearing like you’re internetting from the country of your choice to take advantage of features or limitations from internetting inside that country. That’s about it though.

Good point! A use case I overlooked as I've never needed it. Want to stream content unavailable in your geography, a VPN would be handy.

My mom (in the UK) and I (US) both have Netflix, yet there are things I've recommended that are not available to her, and vice versa.
    This is my main use of it.