• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I'm not sure what they're complaining about. That food is what we've had at every family reunion I've ever attended. People complain about anything and everything! Lol

Man.... This is getting really stupid. I don't believe any ethnicity has cornered the market on any particular cuisine. I know all different folks of all ethnicities who like / dislike fried chicken and/or Watermelon.

In one of my favorite eateries near where I cave dive, there's a buffet style place. The cuisine is not "Asian" but "Southern Home cooking." Aw man... In a way, I'm glad I live three hours away from it or I'd be dying of Cardio Vascular disease in short order. :ROFLMAO:

Absolutely the very best Fried Chicken, CFS Strips (with the cream pepper gravy), fried shrimp, all the standard sides, EVERYTHING. When I last when there (prior to Covid), $9.50, all you can eat (sit down only no take out), plus drinks (of course they had the traditional Southern Sweet Tea). I'm not sure what the price is now, but I figure it didn't get raised but so much due to their constituency. Mostly retirees and folk without much money to spend. But they definitely spend it there. It's open seating for most of the week but on Friday evenings and Sunday brunch time, you have to wait (the lines are a mile long). I think this place survived Covid and even flourished!

Anyway, point being, that "constituency" is multi-racial, multi-enthnic but all there enjoy the cuisine.... not just any particular ethnicity.

15B8EE86-A2BD-4480-B436-3F3E56A257F8.gif

I don't think I'd want to eat watermelon with fried chicken, collards, mac n cheese, tater salad, and candied yams either, tbh. Maybe a little while afterward, though, once the rest of it's settled in my gut.

Saw a t-shirt recently"

July 4th
April 12th

Juneteenth

...and some other verbiage.

I thought is should have read "Juneteenth! Brought to you by the same folks that gave us July 4th."

Reactions: Sinned
Should of changed the menu to Mongolian beef and fried rice or better yet if it was my business I would of said fuck it, you'll never be satisfied and closed the doors on that location and said enjoy your unemployment, worthless fucks.

Reactions: 308pirate
Some people just complain to complain. Fried Chicken, greens and watermelon is a pretty good free lunch. If this is racist, then they need to explain the line at Church's on Friday.

I worked at a Popeye's Fried Chicken growing up in the south. About 40% of our customers were black and only about 15% of the local area was black. By using today's standards of "Woke Retardation" we would have to place a social justice warrior by the door and force him/her/it to turn away two out of three black customers because we had reached our quota for "fairness" and that if to many of them visited it would be considered "stereotyping" to allow more than the quota.

Next year they would get a fucking 30 minute lunch and nothing extra unless they wanted to choke on a dick.

We are at the threshold of the zombie apocalypse. Masses of unthinking undead roaming around never content, whos only job is to seek out and destroy anything or anyone who isnt part of the hoard. They cannot be reasoned with or hid from. We got it completely right and completely wrong at the same time. The zombies that arent blood covered and hobbling nightmares are way more scary.

Reactions: srtsam
"Look out for a special menu on Saturday which will include: fried chicken, watermelon, mac n cheese, potato salad, collard greens, candied yams,"

Hah! Those dumbasses forgot the McRib!

Honestly if you really think about it, fried chicken is really the only choice to feed a lot people for cost, value, acceptance, presentation, display life, clean up. some possible runner ups
baked ziti but you need to burners under it or it gets all shitty ( plus it can vegan )
meatballs
sausage
cold cut hoagies or whatever you call sandwiches where you live
BBQ
BBQ chicken
real Philly cheesesteaks

Honestly if you really think about it, fried chicken is really the only choice to feed a lot people for cost, value, acceptance, presentation, display life, clean up. some possible runner ups
baked ziti but you need to burners under it or it gets all shitty ( plus it can vegan )
real Philly cheesesteaks

Pat's or Geno's (ducking/running).... :eek: :ROFLMAO:

C’mon bro! Their just philly tourist trap attractions nowadays. The good stuff are from places nobody knows. Although, I do miss mussels in red sauce from Chickie and Pete’s Another touristy spot....but damn....they were good. especially with that real nice hard crusted bread.......

C’mon bro! Their just philly tourist trap attractions nowadays. The good stuff are from places nobody knows. Although, I do miss mussels in red sauce from Chickie and Pete’s Another touristy spot....but damn....they were good. especially with that real nice hard crusted bread.......

Actually, the place I lament I didn't get to in Philly was DiNics Roast Pork in the Reading Terminal Market.

Yeah man, roast pork with broccoli rabe and sharp provolone. You stink afterwards but damn is it good

I didn’t understand the complaint either, who doesn’t like fried chicken and watermelon?

"Look out for a special menu on Saturday which will include: fried chicken, watermelon, mac n cheese, potato salad, collard greens, candied yams,"
I lived in the South. That shit is on EVERY black owned restaurant. IKEA should have hired an outside firm (black owned) to design the menu, then when white libs complain, throw that back in their faces.

I didn’t understand the complaint either, who doesn’t like fried chicken and watermelon?

You'd be surprised with the number of African Americans that can't stand Watermelon. I've met many. Still, the stereotype lives on, and that's the problem. I, myself, don't like it either. Never did. Now, fried chicken is a way different issue. I'd eat it every day if I could, but it would be totally bad for my health. Hence, one of the reason's why I live so far away from that Buffet place in Cave diving country. :confused:

Classic :D

But if you think that's bad, listen to comedian Gabriel Iglesias. His most favorite routine is based on the stereotype. But he plays it to perfection.

What's even more interesting are all the different Youtube reactions from the African American community, among most! :eek::D

• Haha
Reactions: 308pirate