• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

I'll give Katy Perry some props.

Re: I'll gove Katy Perry some props.

Not the biggest Katy Perry fan either but I am headed over to iTunes to throw a couple bucks her way. Plus she is pretty hot.
<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uuwfgXD8qV8&ob=av2e"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uuwfgXD8qV8&ob=av2e" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

-buys cd, throws it away, walks away laughing. ...and not a single f*** was given that day

(i dont support katy perry, I defend the freedom shes using, and thats why she'll never have to thank me for buying her cd today)

Maybe it would mean something if she actually went through that stuff?.. Yeah she's hot and shot a rifle but I don't get the G.I Jane fantasy video. Kind of meaningless for someone who didn't go through any of that to make a pretend video as if her song means anything more because of it. What's the message? Her pretend boyfriend cheated on her so it motivated her to join the pretend Marines? I guess maybe it would mean something if it really happened to someone and they wrote the song for her.

Irrelevant, she can make whatever video theme she wants, if she wanted it patriotic, fine. I still see no definitive reason to boycott it. The direction of it does not appear, to me, to be disrespectful.

The Corps would not have approve of it if it did anything but paint the USMC in a positive light, since AD Marines and facilities were used for the vid.

She's a cool chick, in my book. USO shows and the whole lot. Does more than most civvies do. Good on her, I say

you never really see the WM lifting and holding the log above their heads...the limited contact i had with the WMs at MOC training was that they were a bunch of POGs that couldnt even hang with a light morning jog

Not bad. Won't buy the music though. Yes, she tramps the world with good company of the USO, and hell yeah I support that, but the story of the video is probably the most timeless story of so many female recruits both Marine and Army. Oh how I tried to offer counsel on the behavior in barracks without actually saying it, how many times I told my Joes to look out for her, but it only took a few days and each and every time I would hear on of my Joes,"Sergeant, we tried, but she is just like all the rest, nothing but a barraks ho"

Eh? You disagree? Your service never saw that? BWAAAAA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: boone</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: zink14</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Better video </div></div>

Holy shit that was funny. </div></div>
ROFL
But the Perry video wasn't too bad. I liked it.

I'm impressed. When she married that British limp wrist I bunched her with the rest of the Hollywood POS. May be I was wrong. Have to keep and eye on her there may be a real american girl in there after all.

I'm "forced" to listen to her, as my son's a drummer, daughter a guitar player. He did a cover of one of her songs a while back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQQEhLEsW...eHDuTJKIWlW392o

He's in college now learning music production (and business) so he - hopefully - won't be living in the basement or an "Occupy" movement site somewhere after graduation.

I like Katy. Quirky. She needs to find her center. Like a lot of kids her age.

Yeah that Russell Brand or whatever his name is a real fuckin douchebag.

Heroin addict? CHECK
Sex addict? CHECK
Alcoholic? CHECK
Hates Israel? CHECK
Abruptly ended his marriage to Katy Perry after only 14 months? CHECK

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JelloStorm</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yeah that Russell Brand or whatever his name is a real fuckin douchebag.

Heroin addict? CHECK
Sex addict? CHECK
Alcoholic? CHECK
Hates Israel? CHECK
Abruptly ended his marriage to Katy Perry after only 14 months? CHECK </div></div>

Katey Perry signed the divorce papers with smily faces...

I don't believe this is at all about patriotism- buying into that is nothing but marketing. This is about "woman power" or "empowering women"... Not about serving your country.

But she is hot no doubt.

Re: I'll give Katy Perry some props.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UU0S2GWpoN0"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UU0S2GWpoN0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DP425</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't believe this is at all about patriotism- buying into that is nothing but marketing. This is about "woman power" or "empowering women"... Not about serving your country.

But she is hot no doubt. </div></div>

Bingo!