• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

I'll leave this here.....

I guess this should be expected from the only state in the union that has a FOID program.
It doesn't discount the height of this bullshit though.
Chicago/Madigan politics shitting on the rest of Illinois.
Springfield and RR, to ignorant to realize when they are the only ones left their nuts will be on the chopping block.

R

I feel bad for many of Illinois residents, was thinking of this as I drove through there on I-64 and I-70 last week, will be there again at the end of the week hopefully admiring the first corn coming up along I-74. There's nothing but a massive amount of farm country there and good folks that work those farms and the small towns that support them, but the Chicago juggernaut completely outweighs the interests of the rest of the state. Take a look at the election map, that is a shit ton of red covering counties that went resoundingly Trump: http://www.politico.com/2016-election/results/map/president/illinois/

I get it that politics is a marathon and not a sprint, it's frustrating when representatives don't move fast on supporting legislation that back the shooting industry and users. I'm reluctantly content with no new measures coming out either in VA or nationwide against the 2A, even though I know it's nothing but a lull before the storm. But Springfield and Rock River not going on record opposing legislation like this? Those are two companies that I would completely expect to stand strong against ANY measures that would limit 2A freedoms. I was even more disappointed by the statement from Springfield's CEO: https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2...e-on-ifma-deal-illinois-anti-gun-legislation/

“The legislative process is a fluid process. The bill has only moved through one chamber, and it is still in the process. We fully support the Second Amendment and stand by it. The Illinois Manufacturers Association will continue to fight and protect not only manufacturers, but dealers and the gun owner as well.”

What a crock of shit, they aren't fighting fuck all, they took a cop out "No Position" on the matter. Well, I see they have a position, and it's on their knees like the bitches they are. I suppose they thought they could fly under the wire by allowing the 527 they fund do the dirty work for them in selling their retailers down the river. Self serving and about as imaginative as either of their product lineups, same old shit with ZERO internal innovation, only copying everyone else's work with their own label.

I don't jump on the "I won't buy their shit" bandwagon easily, but this one seems pretty cut and dry. I'm now happier than ever I lost the XD9c in the divorce, the last Springfield Armory firearm I had, and it will be staying that way. Rock River? Shit, I build my own and wouldn't buy their shit in the first place.

Why are people still buying Springfield guns in the first place?

I bought my XD .45 4" service about a year and a half ago . Love it ,carry it . I don't keep a log on my pistol but I'll say somewhere around 5600 to 6000 rounds in that time . Probably about 20000 dry fire cycles . And I cannot find words or get my head around this shit . I will keep shooting it as it's paid for and they can service it as it is paid for but they won't see another dime from me unless the turn this shit around . I was seriously considering the XD competition in 9mm until this . I just got let off the leash to make another gun purchase by
my lovely wife and Springfield just gave the money to another company . On a 2A level this is a bullshit sell out You make your fuckin money selling guns yet your ok with fuckin the
people who sell your product . You gave ground when we are in the position to take back some of the ground that was stolen by unconstitutional laws and reg.s . This stinks of corporate non gun owning POS weasel ,backstabbing , fuck your mom for a buck sleazy shit . The people and companies that support this shit are lower than whale shit and whale shit is at the bottom of the fuckin ocean . One thing I would contribute to is for the wood to shutter the fuckin doors .

California is no better, IMO. They state in the article a non-dealer regular Joe will have to become a dealer if they want to sell more than nine guns privately. In Cali if you want to sell guns in more than five transactions in a year you have to become a dealer.

Anyway, those companies are being short sighted. It's death by a thousand cuts with lefties. Eventually they'll work their way back to them and no one will be left to stand with them. Or want to.

Because when it comes to a budget 1911 or M1A, they've been a top name in the business for a long time. Even when their frames were Brazilian made, many still over looked that fact as they were the best value 1911 you could get for under $1k. Combined along with their TRP pistols that have a very noteworthy track record in the hands of thousands of professionals, there's a reason they haven't gone the bankruptcy way of Colt.

They're a family owned company that bought the revived Springfield of old in name only, too long have they been riding those coat tails. Their chickens are coming home to roost.

I own 2 SAI products...Glen Nelson built M1A SM, and a 1911 Operator. I also have RRA AR15 lower receiver, and I'll keep them. But I can no longer purchase or support either company after this latest news.

Good luck Springfield and Rock River. Hopefully you'll come to your senses after your sales go in the shitter, and Illinois comes after you as well.

In 1987 I bought a SA national match M1A with national match irons and a air guaged barrel. With the irons and surplus ammo (off sand bags & younger eyes) I was shooting 1.5 to 2 MOA five shot groups. I have a much more expensive LMT MWS with a much nicer optic that struggles to do as well even when fed FGM.

With that said, I don't know how that rifle compares to what they are selling today.

Les Baer, love him or hate him, at great expense, moved west across the river because he was sick and tired of IL and their BS.

Meh, after the Sandy Hook shooting and the shadow of massive firearms regulation was over head many western states passed laws that stated firearms manufactured inside the state were exempt from federal regulations. This is basicly the dame thing. We cheared then but now say fuck-em. Well that seems hypocritical. If you don't live in Illinois then it will affect you 0%. If you live in illinois it will be easier for you to sell and buy Rock River and Springfield. Exact same as if the federal government has went ape shit on gun control.

PS. I would obviously support both companies moving out of there. But at least Illinois is protecting their own which sadly is more than we can say about Colorado and Magpul.

Last edited:
Redmanss, if you totally lose your mind and end up near the southside of Chicago on the next trip let me know. We'll kill some brain cells and laugh at hipsters for an evening.

Meh, after the Sandy Hook shooting and the shadow of massive firearms regulation was over head many western states passed laws that stated firearms manufactured inside the state were exempt from federal regulations. This is basicly the dame thing. We cheared then but now say fuck-em. Well that seems hypocritical. If you don't live in Illinois then it will affect you 0%. If you live in illinois it will be easier for you to sell and buy Rock River and Springfield. Exact same as if the federal government has went ape shit on gun control.

PS. I would obviously support both companies moving out of there. But at least Illinois is protecting their own which sadly is more than we can say about Colorado and Magpul.

The small FFL's are the ones that are going to take the shit end of the stick.

R

Redmanss, if you totally lose your mind and end up near the southside of Chicago on the next trip let me know. We'll kill some brain cells and laugh at hipsters for an evening.

Shot you a PM bro, ChiTown isn't on the list yet, but that list is very open week after next. Been years since I've been in the city aside from O'Hare layovers, unfortunately there's a reason for that listed above!

I live in St. Louis and my buddy lives across the river in the People's Republic of Illinois. About one hour away. The gun issue is a major difference between Illinois and Missouri, but it is a drop in the bucket when you look at the unbelievable burden of of taxes a regulations the state imposes on their citizens. Gas is 25 cents a gallon higher in the Metro East. And what do they get in return? Massive welfare programs fraught with abuse. Uncontrolled crime. And going to prison is apparently part of the job description for being Govenor.

The small FFL's are the ones that are going to take the shit end of the stick.

R

Oh for sure. I was more responding to the people that were/are going to crucify Springfield and RockRiver, the same way that S&W and Ruger were 20 years ago. On a state level they flexed all the muscle they had. Jobs and tax revenue.

Yea independent dealers are going to get screwed hard. But alas, lessons of history are always forgotten. All Hitler wanted is Czechoslovakia remember.

I live in St. Louis and my buddy lives across the river in the People's Republic of Illinois. About one hour away. The gun issue is a major difference between Illinois and Missouri, but it is a drop in the bucket when you look at the unbelievable burden of of taxes a regulations the state imposes on their citizens. Gas is 25 cents a gallon higher in the Metro East. And what do they get in return? Massive welfare programs fraught with abuse. Uncontrolled crime. And going to prison is apparently part of the job description for being Govenor.

You nailed it. More than even the FOID bullshit, it was the taxes and constant government meddling that kept me from setting down any permanent roots up here (Chicago burbs) and keeping a house in AL as a backup plan.

I had a chance last year to buy a beautiful historic home for crazy cheap. I knew most of the neighbors, loved the community and neighborhood, but when I ran the numbers, even paying cash for the house I was going to have a never ending "mortgage" in the form of draconian taxes (guaranteed to perpetually increase).

In addition, I get to pay the city for permits and inspections every time I want to do work on my own fucking home? No GD thanks.

In case your bullshit-meter wasn't already going off with SA's "we didn't know" "it was a breakdown in communication" apology, their lobbying organization has been caught donating to anti-2A politicians...I love the SA 1911 I have, and I'll continue to shoot it, but I won't touch either company until they 86 all involved board members and move out of IL.

If Springfield Armory supports a lobbying group that donates to anti 2nd Amendment politicians, I will never spend my money on any of their items. There are too many good manufacturers to choose from to tolerate this political BS.