• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I'm done with Tyson foods.......

What's "processed"? Cooked? Dried? Ground?

It would be a hell of alot easier to feed chickens dried bugs than to try to keep and feed them live ones. Just sayin'.

If I was going to buy a bag of high-protein chicken feed made of bugs I would want some "processing".

Though I am curious why someone would want to feed processed bugs to free range chickens.

I think "free range" is a term that does not mean what we think it means. I had chickens before, they had a pen area, and could run around the yard as well. If for some reason I locked them in the pen, hawks, or other things wanting a chicken dinner they are really hard on the ground. The grass will be gone fairly quickly. For a large producer to say free range I doubt it means chickens running around on a grassy field.

Reactions: Herb Stoner
I just find it kind of funny how people bitch about modern industrial farming like it's this terrible thing when it's rare people die from the food they eat in this country, and even a hundred years ago food poisoning was a very regular thing that killed a lot of people. As the median age of death has climbed and climbed clearly widespread access to safe food has been a major part of it.

Just think about butcher shops before van Leeuwenhoek saw the first wee beasties. You can see that same shit today in the third world at wet markets. Nasty semi-rotten meat hanging in the heat. However bad you think an American chicken processing plant is, I guarantee it's 1000 times better than when some filthy butcher chopped it up on a never cleaned, blood-soaked block of wood.
1710521542048.png

I don't want to pay $20 for a chicken, period. But, yes, if everything had to be "organically" farmed starvation would be an everyday sight.

Reactions: vinniedelpino
I grew up on a ranch and my uncles had dairies nearby. All got out of the ag business as fed policy at the time was clearly "go big or get out". This brought about the end of local / regional food sources and ushered in the current era of industrialized food. With it came attempts to continue to improve food safety for those that want to rely on .gov to keep them safe, though with the giant processing plants that concentrate the processing of meat and other products, the consequences of contamination issues involves, at times, millions of servings of contaminated product as opposed to more smaller, localized issues. At the end of it all, its buyer beware.

I stopped buying any meat at the general grocery store many years ago. There are plenty of other sources for meat and other foods and supporting the smaller local / regional producers is something I like to do having grown up that way. I quit hamburger a couple of decades ago - nasty stuff. We'll buy a cut of meat and grind it occasionally but the pink slop from a large plant with 70 cows in a blender processed by a bunch of low wage workers who don't give a shit (regardless of heritage) is not OK to me. Honestly we don't eat meat every day so it works out well.

The free range thing just means they aren't in small cages any more - not necessarily an improvement. Its like going to a concert where the old way was you had a seat - small and cramped maybe but it was your space - vs spending the whole time in a old school mosh pit where getting killed is a much bigger reality.

So much BS in the marketing of organic(ish) free-range, hormone free, antibiotic free stuff. Hormones have not been used in chickens since the 1940s or 50s and any antibiotics are out of the chickens system by the time they are harvested (Very low levels of them to begin with - but vital to avoiding massive spread of disease throughout the flock in modern concentrated operations. Grass fed for beef can mean raised solely grazing naturally or just finished on grass pellets (rather than corn or grain) in a industrialized CAFO.

So much BS...

So this was finally the line in the sand for ya 🤣🤣🤣

Beef prices are double what they used to be.

How can I say I have money without saying I have money?

I bought a beef roast.

Chicken and pork are less expensive.

But, yeah, I also don't think Tyson is the only one who has lay-offs.

I just find it kind of funny how people bitch about modern industrial farming like it's this terrible thing when it's rare people die from the food they eat in this country, and even a hundred years ago food poisoning was a very regular thing that killed a lot of people. As the median age of death has climbed and climbed clearly widespread access to safe food has been a major part of it.

Just think about butcher shops before van Leeuwenhoek saw the first wee beasties. You can see that same shit today in the third world at wet markets. Nasty semi-rotten meat hanging in the heat. However bad you think an American chicken processing plant is, I guarantee it's 1000 times better than when some filthy butcher chopped it up on a never cleaned, blood-soaked block of wood.
View attachment 8373078

I don't want to pay $20 for a chicken, period. But, yes, if everything had to be "organically" farmed starvation would be an everyday sight.

You think less people are dying from our current food in this country?

Go look at all the fat people at Walmart. Some of that is self control problems, but not all of it.

I submit that food in the third world is actually safer and healthier as long as you know how to properly cook it.

Well, this plant is actually a pork processing plant that is being shut down.

You are assuming that Tyson does not already hire illegals in this plant, which is not a very good assumption. Here is one of the employees discussing the closure.

I grew up about 5 miles from there on a farm, and there is a lot of history that I know about that you are not aware of.

WTF ??? reporter states that, the Tyson employee laid off ..."immigrated from El Salvador Decades Ago.".
but after decade She still can not speak a word of The English language for this interview, and news interview has use Subtitle Translation ... LOL

Saw a documentary a few years ago on "Big Chicken" which really opened my eyes. First, a few large corporations control the chicken trade and they can and do blacklist small farmers trying to enter the market and make it nearly impossible for them to compete. Also, "free range" is a joke. It literally means allowing the chickens to roam a few feet outside of their enclosures. I'm far from an animal rights activist, but the conditions they keep the thousands of birds in is pretty appalling. I'd say barely sanitary. Needless to say, I don't buy poultry from any of the mega-corporations like Tyson.

I’d assert that their chicken tastes like reprocessed foam peanuts…

But that would be unfair to the foam peanuts.

Sirhr
Thats because its not chicken. Its genetically modified lab shit made to produce the maximum amount of "meat" in the shortest time with the least amount of food. If you buy chicken from fast food places or the big meat companies, you are getting the same garbage.

I find these outrages to be funny, Chicken houses and processors been pulling the same shit for 50 years. All of a sudden a few news articles come out and you get more virtue signaling than Bud Light.

The idea of food in third world countries being superior to even the shittiest food in the US is bananas. I'll submit that the food in the more affluent countries in Europe might be better, but sure as hell not second and third world countries.

Some of y'all clearly don't stray far from home...

I quit buying Tyson shit in the '90s, when I found out how much they donated to the Klintons. :mad:

I quit buying Tyson shit in the '90s, when I found out how much they donated to the Klintons. :mad:
They is from the same dang state. Better believe one hands washes the other. They’ve been big on outside hiring for as long as I can remember. I grew up down the road from one of their big plants in Arkansas

They is from the same dang state. Better believe one hands washes the other. They’ve been big on outside hiring for as long as I can remember. I grew up down the road from one of their big plants in Arkansas
Heard the story on Rush's show. Don't recall the whole thing of course, but it was ridiculous!

Reactions: roostercogburn98
As a teen I worked in free range hen houses for egg laying with 10,000 birds. The feed we fed them depleted those birds to skin and bones. Nasty fuckers, they would peck each others assholes out and eat everything inside. All that was left was a hollowed out bird. We used to catch mice and throw them in there, they would go nuts called it chicken football. The Hayes Market next town over butchers all their own birds daily, they are always hiring processors. That’s the only place I buy chicken.
Both locations? Berthoud and Johnstown?

I’d bet dollars to donuts that they were.

I’ve spent time in a few of the big names’ plants in MN, IA, and NE. They were all union.
IBP took over the plant in the late 80's, and from what I remember, they broke the Union at that time, at least according to the locals that use to work at the plant. IBP was known for doing that (dismantling the Unions) although I believe that of the plants they had, about 25% had Union labor.

I don't remember who owned the pork plant before IBP took over, but I do know that it did have a Union and it wasn't that bad to work at. Some of my friends worked there during the summer when in College/trade school.

I don't know what happened after Tyson acquired IBP, but that is why I linked that clip from the local TV station to show that probably 50% don't speak English, and they probably don't have a Union.

Thats because its not chicken. Its genetically modified lab shit made to produce the maximum amount of "meat" in the shortest time with the least amount of food. If you buy chicken from fast food places or the big meat companies, you are getting the same garbage.

I find these outrages to be funny, Chicken houses and processors been pulling the same shit for 50 years. All of a sudden a few news articles come out and you get more virtue signaling than Bud Light.

Exactly. The chickens are bred and engineered to bulk up tasteless meat mass. It’s nasty.

Chicken back in the 60’s and ‘70s was considered a delicacy… a roast chicken was a treat! Like having a roast beef on a Sunday night.

Now it is tasteless bulk worthy of a Petri dish… and the hormones are making girls grow tits at 11 and turning boys into faggots.

Sirhr

Exactly. The chickens are bred and engineered to bulk up tasteless meat mass. It’s nasty.

Chicken back in the 60’s and ‘70s was considered a delicacy… a roast chicken was a treat! Like having a roast beef on a Sunday night.

Now it is tasteless bulk worthy of a Petri dish… and the hormones are making girls grow tits at 11 and turning boys into faggots.

Sirhr
Not defending the shitshow - there is a whole lot wrong with the meat industry as I noted in my earlier post.

Hormones have not been used in chickens in the US since the 1940s or 50s but that's what the internet says, so...

I agree with everything else you stated though.

Not defending the shitshow - there is a whole lot wrong with the meat industry as I noted in my earlier post.

Hormones have not been used in chickens in the US since the 1940s or 50s but that's what the internet says, so...

I agree with everything else you stated though.

Sorry must be the cow hormones that are turning 11 year old girls into Dolly Parton and making boys crave dick.

Sirhr

Reactions: timesublime

Sirhr

Not foster farm’s chickens. Theyre purebloods.

Last edited:
  • Haha
I know for sure the Johnstown location butchers birds everyday. My friends kids worked there for about a week breasting birds, there is a high turnover in that position. Johnstown might process for Berthoud though.

May have to check that out.

Through there often enough going to see my oldest brother.

Reactions: PusherX11

View attachment 8373078

Agree mostly. Excepect about the organically part. Granted if you forced a large number of farmers to drastically change their practices. It would cause wide spread food shortages. But we could meet our food needs with much less to no "chemical fertilizers." The infastructure and know how are not there though.

I thought the end industrial farming comment was retarded but consider the source...

Apparently Y'all ain't heard . Tyson just partnered with another company to make Zee bugs taste like Chicken .
You will eat Zee bugs .
Ain't fuckin joking . These Ass Clowns want to profit from our demise .

I am an old guy. I grew up on a small farm that raised chickens. We produced about 40,000 chickens every couple of months. I eat chicken almost every day. I had some a couple hours ago, It was tasty,

I am an old guy. I grew up on a small farm that raised chickens. We produced about 40,000 chickens every couple of months. I eat chicken almost every day. I had some a couple hours ago, It was tasty,

I used to love when the pullets would come in. They would follow you around like a puppy, all 10,000 of them, quail too. The quail was like carpet moving when I would open the door. I hated cutting cauterizing their beaks, the smell was horrible! We would kill and cook the roosters after 6 months though. Can’t have too many cocks in the hen house!!!

Reactions: Blue Sky Country
I live in the Chicken Belt. You can’t swing a dead cat and not hit a chicken house around here.

Most of the employees at the processing plants are “migrant“ workers. each employee is entitled to take home one chicken every day from the plant they work at, but none of them do because they see how nasty those birds are that they work with on a daily basis. So instead they come to our farm and spend $15-$20 each to buy a live bird to take home to eat.

Factory farming was created to sustain a massively growing urban population and it puts quantity way over quality. Even during the time Upton Sinclair wrote The Jungle, which was the 1880s-1890s, the issues with running a colossal factory farming operation was very apparent, as was illustrated in that book. One of the constants of society throughout the ages is that 80% of the people of any given population tend to fall in line with the mainstream, while 20% think critically. That number most likely translates over accurately to the percentage of people who mindlessly consume processed foods to the percentage of those who hunt and grow/raise their own crops and livestock.

When Tyson built their garden city plant they brought in mostly all their workers. They weren't illegal per sey, but they weren't from this country. Now in Garden City KS you are more likely to hear Spanish than English.

IDGAF. I eat chicken, beef, pork, sometimes fish, especially catfish that I catch for myself.

Reactions: PusherX11