• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Im joining the military

Since we sadly brought this thread into reality, this statement isn’t true. I know guys who never spent a day in conventional army units after basic training.
How many do you know that went from Paris Island, a Marine Corps base, into BUD/S?

Me too! I'm waiting to here back re my diabeetus. The recruiter said it usually is not a problem. I told home I can't feel my toes and I sometimes get sores on em and don't know. Recruiter says no worries - just ask my buddies to check them. ( Hard for me to see that far, and I can't bend down far enough to get close and see) I am worried about training though - I have knee issues, and it's even difficult to get up and down on the toilet to pee. Recruiter asked about girlfriends/and or spouses. No worries, I told her (the recruiter) that I had not been able to have an erection for a long time so no worries of ever getting tied up with women (or men, not that there's anything wrong with that. )
1692401972801.gif

Reactions: JohnCarter17
Me too! I'm waiting to here back re my diabeetus. The recruiter said it usually is not a problem. I told home I can't feel my toes and I sometimes get sores on em and don't know. Recruiter says no worries - just ask my buddies to check them. ( Hard for me to see that far, and I can't bend down far enough to get close and see) I am worried about training though - I have knee issues, and it's even difficult to get up and down on the toilet to pee. Recruiter asked about girlfriends/and or spouses. No worries, I told her (the recruiter) that I had not been able to have an erection for a long time so no worries of ever getting tied up with women (or men, not that there's anything wrong with that. )
You sounds qualified for upper rank. Do you own a skirt, Skipper?

Reactions: JohnCarter17
How many do you know that went from Paris Island, a Marine Corps base, into BUD/S?
I'm not sure if he was PI, or SD............but I have a friend that joined the suck back about 1974, 76 and ended his military service as a seal.........He now runs the family funeral home.........

I'm not sure if he was PI, or SD............but I have a friend that joined the suck back about 1974, 76 and ended his military service as a seal.........He now runs the family funeral home.........
I was told if you wanted to go into BUD/S you had to be in the Navy with minimum rank of Petty Ofc.

If you were in another branch of service, you would have to finish your enlistment and then start over in the Navy.

I was told if you wanted to go into BUD/S you had to be in the Navy with minimum rank of Petty Ofc.

If you were in another branch of service, you would have to finish your enlistment and then start over in the Navy.
There are waivers. We had a guy in my unit who was 3/4 through his contract (USMC) and somehow was able to get out of it and go to BUDS. I’m pretty sure he made it.

IIRC back in the 80's to 90's going from the USMC to another branch you kept your rank if in a related mos. If you changed mos you needed to pass the school for the mos to keep the rank. Going from another service to the USMC you go to USMC boot camp and start over at E-1 but you keep time in service for pay.

Reactions: TheBigCountry
Yeah, I kind of wondered when the thread turned serious, but not enough to look back five pages.

I remember another thread from the same time period where someone accused the OP of not using an actual photo of himself. They claimed he must have just found that picture on Google and stole it.

Reactions: TheBigCountry
I remember another thread from the same time period where someone accused the OP of not using an actual photo of himself. They claimed he must have just found that picture on Google and stole it.
OP was a troll. He even tried to pull the race card at one point.

He’s not missed.