• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I'm looking for a Remington 40x 22lr HB

BEARTACTICAL

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 26, 2009
Brunswick, Ohio
Does any one have a Remington 40X in 22lr for sale or know where to get one? I have tried CMP, Gunbroker, and GunsAmerica and have been able to find rifles from $1700 and up. I am looking for one of the military surplus heavy barrel rifles. My offering price depends on the condition of the rifle.
Semper Fi,
Robert S.
SGT/USMC
[email protected]

Re: I'm looking for a Remington 40x 22lr HB

cmp 40x's are going for around $800.00. You might try over at rimfirecentral or benchrestcentral. they both have classifieds.
good luck
larry

No need to contact me as I've only got one left and there's two people that have already asked for it. Sorry. There's been two nice 40X's sold on rimfirecentral this last week. That's a good place to look but they don't last long. Donald

Like this?
If intrested, PM me..

40X001.jpg

Whew, Don has become mighty popular as of late. I'm glad I found mine when I did.
grin.gif
He may not have any left but he can answer just about any question you may have about one.

Of course Don has, he has posted up some killer schnitz for sale lately! Some folks snagged some nice stuff from him.

John

If you are still interested in one send me a PM. I talked to a guy this morning that has one for sale.
larryj

I'm very interested and hope to find one soon here. I've been checking just about every site I can find religiously with some very high priced beautiful rifles and some lower priced standard barrel models.

John the one you linked to has a heavey barrel stock but a standard barrel bolt. Have you seen the front end of that rifle? All the seller shows is the back. The package is a good deal either way. The tube apature sight is a rare one and may be worth as much as half of the asking price. I don't even have one of the freeland tube sights. Donald

Make sure you're getting a 40X-B (meaning the serial number ends in B). Otherwise, you'll potentially have problems fitting the rifle in a Remington 700 stock and using a trigger with a safety.

Gentlemen, its not hard to modify a 700 stock to fit the older 40x. I;ve done it a couple of times. A little Dremmel in the safety area. If you want I'll sell you such a stock from a Remington 700 SPS Tactical, $75 + shipping

Dan as far as I know the LH version has only been made by the custom shop. All 40X work moved to the custom shop in the 70's and the only LH rifles I've heard of came after that. There have been some RH rifles converted and a good machist should beable to do the work for you if you can find a used 40X at a good price. Donald

CMP has sent notice that they will have 40X's again soon. Please watch their website for more info.

"The first rifle model to be listed in the Estore will be the 40X. We expect this to happen by 7 Dec 2009. Rifles will be listed under the "Rifles Surplus" tab (not shown yet)."

From an email I received.

Fast Ed

You missed the boat, all they have left is barreled receivers WITHOUT bolt or trigger

I took a trip out to Camp Perry and ORST (HMFIC of CMP operations) was there from Anniston and I did have a chance to talk to him briefly and he stated that this was probably the last of the 40X rifles left and that they have some Winchester 52's, however, they will probably go out via auction to the highest bidders. Yes, I did ask the stupid question about the M14's and he stated that the CMP will never sell M14's or 1911's. So in short your best bet is going to Gunbroker and GunsAmerica and pick a good one before they become scarce again.
Semper Fi

Post on the CMP forum wtb I was not sure if I would get one at first. After a day I had three people say we bought extra rifles and would sell at what they bought them for. Nice guys over there

Do you happen to have a link to that CMP thread? I have been over and over it but canot find it. I'm just about to pull the trigger on a purchase of one on GunsAmerica and if I could find one of those kind individuals with an extra then I could save some cash. That's a big deal because E-5 pay isn't great unless you are in the sandbox.
Semper Fi,

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BEAR TACTICAL</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do you happen to have a link to that CMP thread? I have been over and over it but canot find it. I'm just about to pull the trigger on a purchase of one on GunsAmerica and if I could find one of those kind individuals with an extra then I could save some cash.</div></div>

http://www.thecmp.org/forums/showthread.php?t=7067

http://www.thecmp.org/forums/showthread.php?t=8300