• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Impact 737r firing assembly help needed

LC 6.5 Shooter

Apollo 6 Creed
Supporter
Minuteman
May 29, 2018
League City, TX
How do you remove it. All my actions are curtis, clockwise twist and remove. Not sure how to remove the impact Precision firing assembly. Doesnt seem to just twist like the curtis actions.

Hook the cocking piece on the edge of something solid and pull down to compress the spring. A notch will be exposed at the rear of the shroud. Stick a dime in the notch and release it. Now you'll be able to unscrew it out the back.

Reactions: tihz_on
Buy a r700 firing pin tool from brownells. Always good to have on hand.

It makes threaded firing pin assemblies ridiculous easy to remove.

Reactions: BuLLet and Ksracer
Could you post a link to the video? Thanks

I keep an old tennis shoe in the corner for this, slip it on my foot, hook the firing pin notch under the shoe lace and pull back while twisting. Super easy to do. Just dont chew up the lace on your fancy shoes with a greasy sharp firing pin.

Not all firing pins have the dime slot (no idea about an inmpact) so you just need to keep shoe lace tension on the firing pin until you are screwed back far enough that its no longer under spring tension.

Ok thanks guys. I thought maybe there was something proprietary to it that I was missing since I couldnt find an impact specific video on the web. I just picked mine up and didnt want to screw it up! Thanks!

Buy a r700 firing pin tool from brownells. Always good to have on hand.

It makes threaded firing pin assemblies ridiculous easy to remove.
After needing to pull my firing pin out at a match without much for tools, I now carry the Brownells tool in my range/shooting bag. It is cheap and I agree it makes the process very easy.

Reactions: Dthomas3523
Does the impact have the coin slot?

My lone peak does not.

Apologies for the bringing this old thread up.

Just FYI, I purchased a Impact FP assembly and a full bolt. Neither of those had the coin slot. The bolt that came with my action does have the coin slot.

Anyone know how to lock the spring loaded FP back for easy install?

Edit:
Found the fix-it sticks tool:

Cheaper than this:

Last edited:
Reactions: Oldloser