• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Impact trigger hangers

DynamicAccuracy

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
May 6, 2017
Mexico, MO
I've never had an action with trigger hangers and I'm wondering how to know when to use the different hangers? I have the 0 hanger in it now and I'm wondering if I'd benefit from the 15 hanger? But I'm not exactly sure what the difference between the 2 is.

A 0 offset hanger places the trigger and sear in a “default/standard” position, +.015 or -.015 moves the trigger forward or backwards .015”

On an action with ZERO cock on close, timing the trigger hanger can have an effect on the feel of cocking due to perfect timing of cocking piece to sear handoff, but on an Impact, which has a decent little bit of cock on close, I haven't felt any difference with the .015 hanger.

Essentially, in my opinion, you won’t be able to feel any difference in most cases, so you are pretty much adding or taking away .015” firing pin fall.

A 0 offset hanger places the trigger and sear in a “default/standard” position, +.015 or -.015 moves the trigger forward or backwards .015”

On an action with ZERO cock on close, timing the trigger hanger can have an effect on the feel of cocking due to perfect timing of cocking piece to sear handoff, but on an Impact, which has a decent little bit of cock on close, I haven't felt any difference with the .015 hanger.

Essentially, in my opinion, you won’t be able to feel any difference in most cases, so you are pretty much adding or taking away .015” firing pin fall.
So if I'm understanding this correctly if I used a +15 hanger it would have .015" more sear engagement? Or would it move the trigger down providing less sear engagement?

So if I'm understanding this correctly if I used a +15 hanger it would have .015" more sear engagement? Or would it move the trigger down providing less sear engagement?
Its not about amount of sear engagement, that relationship stays the same.

Its about how forward or rearward in the action it catches along the firings path of travel.

I went through this same thing when I first got my Impact action. Being the tinkerer I am, I called Impact and tried to order a few different hangers. Low and behold, I talked to Tate himself. He asked me to try the 0 hanger for a couple hundred rounds, then if I still wanted to experiment; to call him back.

Fast forward multiple barrels and multiple thousands of rounds later.......I am very very happy with how the zero hanger feels. I find it hard to believe it could feel better.

Just my experience

Reactions: JustSendit
I went through this same thing when I first got my Impact action. Being the tinkerer I am, I called Impact and tried to order a few different hangers. Low and behold, I talked to Tate himself. He asked me to try the 0 hanger for a couple hundred rounds, then if I still wanted to experiment; to call him back.

Fast forward multiple barrels and multiple thousands of rounds later.......I am very very happy with how the zero hanger feels. I find it hard to believe it could feel better.

Just my experience
Same experience I called there and stayed with the 0 for my TriggerTech Diamond, absolutely no issues and bolt is smooth all day.

Tate will know specifically what hanger you’ll need for your trigger follow his advice and I think you’ll be satisfied.

There is a reason Tate puts the 0 hangar on the actions when they ship. Think about that.
Love my Impact.
Bang

Received an impact action and TT diamond trigger recently. Once installed, the trigger housing floats on the trigger hanger dowel pins and seems loose in all directions. The trigger only snugs up when the action is cocked. Is it typical to have trigger hanger dowel pins that just slip right into the hanger/trigger mounting holes, leaving the trigger loose/floating? Or should the trigger hanger dowel pins require some effort to install, such as with a hammer and punch?

depends on the trigger + hanger combo, everyone i have or have messed with can be a little different

some press in with fingers, others need a small amount of help

both of my match actions press in with fingers, 1 is north of 7k rounds and the other is in the 3-4k range...no issue