• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Important Rules for HACKED ACCOUNTS

Lowlight

HMFIC of this Shit
Staff member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 12, 2001
    Base of the Rockies
    www.snipershide.com
    Hacked Accounts

If your account was hacked, meaning you have a compromised email and they found you, went in, and changed your email. We can fix it. However, we need you to do a few things first for this to work easier.

1. Do not make a New Account with the Old or Same Email - We cannot use duplicate emails for two accounts; the system will block me. For those who make two accounts, I have to go in, delete that one, remove the email address from there, and put it back in your original account
    Most hackers are just trying to access the PX with your account, you can go in and delete that stuff.

2. If you know your password was used somewhere else and was hacked, they will find you here; try changing it.

3. Hacked accounts change the email, if the account is the original email, it is not Hacked, If a person who has not sold before decides to sell or, god forbid list a bunch of stuff, they are not hacked. I get a lot of, I think this is hacked with ZERO Evidence; we need evidence. Too often, people use this to try and get us to confirm the validity of a sale, and instead, our mods will just ban it. We have a limited number of moderators, and they are not full-time and not paid, don't make them do your job.

Most of this stuff is done in the middle of the night, and takes a bit of time for the site to react or answer the hacked post. So if you get an email your account was changed, email us immediately or have a buddy if you can't, give them your User Name and Email we can fix it.

In any case, whether you email me or contact the site as a user, I don't care the reason, I need your User Name and Email. Too many people do nto do that as assume we know. Especially with a hacked account, your email has been changed and in your communicate if you don't give me the User Name I can't find you because, ah, the hacker changed your email address.

Details matter and get the situations solved very quickly. If you require me to hunt for details, chances are your window will close and I just delete it all. I will nuke the hacked account and you start all over again.

@lowlight - Hi Frank...ah, if our account is hacked and the email/PW is changed...and, for obvious reasons you don't want us to create another account....how are we to report it to you/mods.

We can't get into the forum to PM/Report and...I see you mention emailing you address but I don't see where there is an email address published...so, how are we to do this?

Sorry if I'm a wee bit dense today and there is an obvious answer that I'm just overlooking.

Cheers

@lowlight - Hi Frank...ah, if our account is hacked and the email/PW is changed...and, for obvious reasons you don't want us to create another account....how are we to report it to you/mods.

We can't get into the forum to PM/Report and...I see you mention emailing you address but I don't see where there is an email address published...so, how are we to do this?

Sorry if I'm a wee bit dense today and there is an obvious answer that I'm just overlooking.

Cheers
    Pretty sure you can use the contact us link at the bottom

Pretty sure you can use the contact us link at the bottom
    Ah, yes indeed, I’m a wee bit dense today. I looked for a contact us link and didn’t see it.

In fairness, it’s in something like 6 pt font. Prob reflects how enthused Frank is for us contacting him (jk) Haha

Got it now. Thanks

Thanks

Most hit me up on FB or Twitter etc

I have other social media accounts

Messenger is easiest
    Thanks, Frank. If it ever comes up w my acct, I’ll use the “contact us” link as I don’t do so social media outside of a forum like this.

Cheers

Frank, not being a tech guy, does it benefit you at all if we provide you the information when someone tried to hack our accounts? I have a screen shot of the 2 factor authentification email. I'm not sure if it has anything of benefit?

Last edited:
    Frank, not being a tech guy, does it benefit you at all if we provide you the information when someone tried to hack our accounts? I have a screen shot of the 2 factor authentification email. I'm not sure if it has anything of benefit?
    Maybe tag him? @Lowlight

You guys don’t see it, but a lot of the accounts that get caught up in our Spam Filters are just a string of numbers or letters in a row. They often repeat the same nonsense.

we have pretty aggressive spam filters in place and everyday I get hate mail because of it. Guys start off chewing me out because they never posted and the spam filter bans them. It goes by email and IP Address . But they what the fuck me, how dare I ban them for spam but it’s automated.

they run a block of variations to get by, and they often copy what works, nothing you do on your end matters. It’s just whack a mole because it never really stops, figure at least 20 new accounts a day, we might miss 5 and those are what you see

Reactions: stefan73
    You guys don’t see it, but a lot of the accounts that get caught up in our Spam Filters are just a string of numbers or letters in a row. They often repeat the same nonsense.

we have pretty aggressive spam filters in place and everyday I get hate mail because of it. Guys start off chewing me out because they never posted and the spam filter bans them. It goes by email and IP Address . But they what the fuck me, how dare I ban them for spam but it’s automated.

they run a block of variations to get by, and they often copy what works, nothing you do on your end matters. It’s just whack a mole because it never really stops, figure at least 20 new accounts a day, we might miss 5 and those are what you see
    I can't imagine the amount of crap you and the mods have to deal with on a daily basis both from both the tech and personality side of the house. Some people just don't appreciate the work that goes into developing and maintaining something like this.

I have to give kudos to you and the mods for putting up with stupid shit.

If you ever get down to my side of Louisiana I'll buy the beer! Tell Marc I said "hi" when you see him next please. I forge knives on occasion and that was his motivation for the "Hammer Forged" title.